Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 01:39:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's our 1st year wedding anniv. today..tess  (Read 46593 times)
Stephen
« on: December 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

How time flies..it seems like forever (LOL). I've been in America 395 days and also this is my second Christmas here. But I don't feel like it's Christmas because I miss a lot of things that we do in the Philippines.

Maybe you are curious about my adjustment here. I adjusted pretty well with other things except for the food. I don't feel good without eating rice once in a day.  Stephen has been very supportive and instead give up his potato eating habit and switch to rice. He has been eating a lot more rice in our first year of marriage than in his entire life.

We have a very simple life. We live in an Apartment but we are planning to get a house next year so we are saving for it. We had our first vacation to Alaska in September. We went to Dallas, Texas for Thanksgiving to see his brother and tomorrow we are going to Tulsa, Oklahoma for his son's college graduation.  (Yeah...i'll meet his ex-wife at the graduation).

We are planning on visiting my family and friends in the Philippines in the first few months of 2002.

I'm done with my AOS interview  and just waiting for my greencard....so I can run and be on my own (LOL)

Finally, I've learned to enjoy watching football with Stephen.  I had never seen a game before coming to USA.  Stephen is  a big Oklahoma University football fan.

Hope you enjoy reading our update.

Tess & Stephen

http://communities.msn.com/StephenTessBrittain

Jimbo
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's our 1st year wedding anniv.  today...., posted by Stephen on Dec 12, 2001

Congratulation both of you Stephen and Tesya. 24 years more for the silver anniversary. Ha! Ha!

What? Are you waiting for your greencard and run? Don't do that Tess or else we become headlines again and front page. (o"o)

Sally & Jim

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Opps,  Am I late?... LOL..................., posted by Jimbo on Dec 14, 2001

I've seen Stephen and Tess together and they're like high school sweethearts. No chance she's going to run anywhere but into his arms! Shocked)
-- Jeff S.
SteveB
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's our 1st year wedding anniv.  today...., posted by Stephen on Dec 12, 2001

We wish you many happy years together!

Steveb and Juliet!

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Stephen and Tess,

Congratulations! My how time flies!

Tess, you get to meet Stephen's ex...that sounds like fun. :-(  Marife was inquisitive, but I don't think she was too thrilled about meeting mine. Probably about as much fun as going to the dentist. Have a great time!!!

Dave H. & Marife

kevin
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Happy Anniversary!, posted by Dave H on Dec 14, 2001

Or perhaps as about as much fun as the possibility of having to inform my ex about my employer's change in health insurance coverage plans in the event that my employer doesn't automatically contact her.  I'm currently enrolled in an HMO along with my ex, but effective January 1, 2002, everybody at my place of employment will be under the same health insurer.  A far cry from a few years ago when employees had choices of whom their providers would be.

Come to think of it.  What about the concept of "common law marriages"? Why should my ex even be on my health plan if she's living and fornicating with another man.  Should not he be providing health coverage for her or vice versa?  I beleive generally common-law marriages take 7 years to be recognized.  Oh well, there's quite a disincentive to get a marriage made on legally binding paper.

- Kevin

Bear
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Honey's and mine is in just a few days. I sure hope she gets here before Christmas and it.

Bear

rgg
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

...on your first Wedding Anniversary.... and wishing you more happy moments together as a couple  :0))

Roy & Celia

Peaches
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

And they lived happily ever after Smiley)

Hope you are having fun talking to Stephen's ex.

Best wishes,
Peaches

panther
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Congratulations.  I went to your web site and looked at your pictures.  You look like a very happy couple.
Windmill Boy
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Congratulations  to both of  you!

I  hope  that  you  have  a  pleasent  vacation to  okalahoma.  I have  enjoyed reading both  of your  posts and especially  tess's  participation  on  the  board  it  helps  round  things out  here.  Maybe  one  of  these  days  I'll have  the  opportunity to  drive down  to  meet  with  both of  you  and  Jeff  and  Mariko  and  anyone  elsse  we  can  rustle  up.

All  the  Best  on  The  1  year  anniversary. What  is  the  traditional  gift  Something  out  of  Paper?

Windmill Boy

Jeff S
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: It's our 1st year wedding anniv.  to..., posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 13, 2001

Big Japanese party Sunday the 23rd at one of Mariko's good friend's house. There's supposed to be lots of young, single Japanese women there. Stephen and Tess are coming too and I'm playing Santa Claus. I've been practicing how to say "Want to sit on my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas" in Japanese. Come on down!
-- Jeff S.
Windmill Boy
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey WB, posted by Jeff S on Dec 13, 2001

Jeff  

Now  you really  have  me  envious ha ha ha.  Unfortunately  I  have  to  work  on  the  23 rd.  but  I am  sure  you will  make  a  fine  outstanding  Santa.

Windmill Boy

Jeff S
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey Wb - - - ho  ho  ho    uh oh !, posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 14, 2001

... don't be surprised if you get a few e-mails that start with, "Hello. I went to a Christmas party and Santa Craus gave me your website address..."
Windmill Boy
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ok - but .., posted by Jeff S on Dec 14, 2001

Well  Santa  that  sure would  be  appreciated.

But  I recently  realized that  I  spelled  Vacuum wrong  and  I have to  change  it  today.  it's  a  little  embarrasing  considering  it  is my  title  and I spelled  it  wrong  2  times  before  ha ha ha.  previously  Vacume  and Vaccum.    Both  times sort  of  knowing  that  it  wasn't spelled quite  right.  I called  my  brother  in  Michigan  last night  for  an  hour   and  he  looked  it  up  in the  dictionary.

Thanks  Santa  for  any help you  can  give me.  Now about  that  pony ......

Windmill Boy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: