Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 07:32:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sickness in the Philippines  (Read 28628 times)
Humabdos
« on: December 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

From a city of 50,000 Dumaguete City
PNEUMONIA TOP KILLER

Pneumonia led the list of illnesses causing morbidity during the month of November this year.

City Health Officer Erlinda Cabrera revealed that pneumonia has hospitalized 59 persons, followed by artificial respiratory infection with 41 cases.  Dengue fever was third with 25 cases.

Other ailments, Cabrera said, were acute gastroenteritis with 23 cases, diarrhea with 14, amoebiasis reported six cases, 14 for tuberculosis, two each for typhoid fever and bronchitis, three cases for aspiration pneumonia and congestive heart failure. (NV)

Humabdos

Minnesota guy
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sickness in the Philippines, posted by Humabdos on Dec 12, 2001

I'm not suprised to hear this. I thought the air there was really bad. Worse than some sections of Manila. I was theorizing that more people there could afford vehicles and thus the increased air pollution. Population seemed higher than the reported 50,000. Seemed like at least 50,000 trike cabs and all of them wanted to give us a ride when we arrived on the ferry.
Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sickness in the Philippines, posted by Minnesota guy on Dec 13, 2001

Dumaguete my favorite small city in the philippines. Yes there are lots of tricycles there! Have you ever been to Tagbilaran on Bohol? Its ten times worse! How long did you stay in Dumaguete? Hope you got a chance to  see the sites, the water falls up above Valencia. Someday I hope to retire there. Once you leave the city the air is fresh and sweet!
I plan on spending at least a week there  on my up coming trip in Jan. The reson it seemed like more than 50,000 people is that people come from all around to do their shopping as it the only big city for miles around.
 Humabdos
The Mog
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sickness in the Philippines, posted by Humabdos on Dec 12, 2001

Did it mention any morbidity cases caused by "catfights"  Humbados ?
Humabdos
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sickness in the Philippines, posted by The Mog on Dec 13, 2001

They listed them as heart attacks LOL
Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Sickness in the Philippines, posted by Humabdos on Dec 13, 2001

Hun:
I thought if you "dove too deep" you died from the bends!
-- Jeff S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: