Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 12:14:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Begining?  (Read 12324 times)
Howard
« on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

My wife is supposed to arrive today at 9:45am Int'l Terminal Detroit Metro Airport.

Of course I have learned over the last few months to believe it when I see it :c)

To briefly bring you up to date, because of the fact that it's so close to Christmas, there was no way my wife's Companion Fare Ticket was going to get her a seat on the only NorthWest Flight out of Manila everyday.  Add to that the fact that someone told her an old  wives'tale about getting bumped in Nagouya and being trapped in Japan... A cheerful North West ticket agent could make that fear go away :c)... and the only way I'd get her home was to rob a liquor store and buy a ticket,  For the record, the ticket cost $660.00, but would've been $596.00 if it's wasn't a weekend flight.

For the record, alot has gone on and I am Zen and ready to deal with everything head on.  I have alot to report, mostly positive, but will have to inform everyone later when I get back and get her settled.

I want to thank everyone--and I mean everyone--for their patience, compassion and the few buckets of cold water that have been thrown :c)  I needed them too :c)

In the last few weeks I gave it all up and said that whatever was meant to happen would.  I did something uncharacteristic and gave up control to forces wiser and calmer than myself.  Nothing is over.  Nothing has worked itself out, but this is the opportunity we have been given.  I know that it takes two to make a marriage work.  If my wife has no interest we'll be doomed to fail.

The funny thing though, is that I told her that I would like her to come home, but that I leave the decision up to her.  Either her family or Ayesa herself made the decision, but this decision was made in the Philippines, not here

Wish us luck and pray for patience on both our parts, we're gonna need it :c)

H

Peaches
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A New Begining?, posted by Howard on Dec 15, 2001

"For better or for worse, in sickness and in health 'til
death do us part"

You know what Howard, I was so touched and almost
made me cry when u said:

"I am trying to get her to come home--here to
me--because she seems to have little other choice and
because, after all, she is a human being and one that I
happen to care a great deal about. SOMEONE NEEDS
TO HELP HER!!!"

"Whether this is what I signed on for or not, she is MY
RESPONSIBILITY"

"I am doing what I, with my obviously limited
intelligence and flawed motives, feel is best for my wife.
Why? Because she is a human being and regardless
of how I have been hurt because of her, I do care about
her."

All I can say is goodluck and communicate to each
other as often as possible and be open.....this  will help
strengthen  your relationship.

Peaches

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi H,

I hope your dreams come true and that you and Ayesa have a beautiful Christmas and life together. You deserve nothing but the best!

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I don’t envy you sitting at the airport waiting for that flight to come in. No matter how this thing turns out, I think you will be a better man in the long run for having followed your conscience. I was especially impressed when you said that your wife was your responsibility. You’re a good man.

I wish you both luck!

And be careful when robbing those liquor stores. Those guys are usually armed. Next time better stick to banks. OOPS! I hope I didn’t offend one of our other regular posters… :-)

Ray

Windmill Boy
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Howard

I  am  glad  to  hear that  the  pendulum  is  moving  back  towards  you're  direction.   Grab  it  and  hold onto   it.  I hope  that  you  and  Ayesa  will make  much  more  progress  together  than  your  Lions  and  my  Bills  will have  to make  by  next   season.  all  the  best  to  both  of  you.

Windmill Boy

Howard
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A New Begining?, posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 15, 2001

WB,

I don't lay any claim to the Lions.  I'm a basketball guy :c)  MY Pistons were in turmoil last season, but now lead the Eastern Conference.  I like my chances better look in their direction than out to the Silverdome :c)

H

BTW  Nice Site!  I enjoyed it :c)  Good work!

Ray
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A New Begining?, posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 15, 2001

ROTFL!

DO you want to trade? Flutie comes with the deal... :-)

Ray

greg
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How about my Chargers?, posted by Ray on Dec 15, 2001

Thanks to your Flutie, he gift wrapped us Fans a AFW Championship all by Himself. Send Him my heartfelt Thanks hehehehehe...He really gave the Game to us...Yeah, your Chargers should've Won that Game. Maraming Salamat, Mr Peabody
Ray
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to RAY, My Raiders beat Your Chargers Shocked))), posted by greg on Dec 16, 2001

ROFL! Yep, the Chargers beat themselves - AGAIN!

So, how's the little Peabody doing? Is he talking much yet? Be sure you teach him some Tagalog & Hiligaynon :-)

Ray

greg
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to So, what else is new?, posted by Ray on Dec 16, 2001

Gregory goes to school M-F. I now realize that he needs his Mommie, all my time is built around my Son. Children need lots of attention, if he didn't have to live in the Philippines I would never care for a Child alone without his Mother. I can only do the part of a Father, I can never be a Mother smile.
HappyIdiot
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I didn't get a chance to reply on one of your earlier messages, but I think not allowing her family to get in the middle of you two was a great move.

I'm sorry you had to go through this extreme, and I hope the crisis is over.  You seem very centered and I think you have been wise to follow your heart on this.  I hope things work out between the two of you, but even if they do not, I think you have not done anything that you would be ashamed to say in a future relationship.

It's good that you two have started talking, I hope it continues.

The Mog
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

My best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your wife Howard.
Ah, love and hate, happiness and despair, pain and ecstacy, hope and frustation, success and failure....all ingredients in this stew called life...
.........just remember, as some wise old guy said, i dont know who

..........Any day above ground is a good one..

love and happiness for this season to all, Mog

tito
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

You the MAN, Howard!Good luck.Take it One Day at a Time.

tito Matt

Jeff S
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

You've gotten lots of widely diverse advice. I'm glad you took it all into consideration but followed your own heart. Best wishes, Howard and best of luck on your upcoming reunion.
-- Jeff S.
Mikey
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Howard, since I happened on this board, I've followed your story with interest. It's been a sad tale for the most part. This post is, perhaps, your wisest(IMHO). Sounds like you have your feet on the ground. "Whatever happens, happens." is the only way to go. Try like the devil to make everything work; & if things don't pan out, blow it off. You can't let circumstances or bad feelings take you down. I sure hope it all goes the way you want it, but if not; Rise Above It ! Ask God to help you.
(But don't let anyone pull any bullsheet if you can help it.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: