Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 28, 2024, 01:35:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SELLING property in Colombia  (Read 3195 times)
adventuro
« on: October 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I was wondering if anyone here has bought property in Colombia AND SOLD IT............I have heard that there is a 46% or so tax on the sale of property and you can not send money out thru the banks unless you have paid the tax.  There, I guess, are several forms that need to be filled out BEFORE, or maybe RIGHT AFTER, one buys property in order not to have to pay this high tax.  None of the realtors that I have talked to in Colombia have any idea what I am talking about.  Of course, they just want to sell you a property.  I know that a lot of guys have BOUGHT property in Colombia, BUT have not heard anybody that has sold it and TAKEN MONEY OUT OF COLOMBIA.   Is there anybody that has sold property or knows of someone I could contact that has done it?Huh  Appreciate any info on this topic.  thanks
Gator
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to SELLING  property in Colombia, posted by adventuro on Oct 8, 2005

go to this site:

http://www.coinvertir.org/html/i_portals/index.php

click on the subject that interests you.

The most important thing you need to remember is to complete Form 4 and Form 11 without doing this you can be subject to HEAVY penalties especially if you want to repatriate the funds..  I suggest you consult an attorney in Bogotá

Calipro
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to SELLING  property in Colombia, posted by adventuro on Oct 8, 2005

I can answer your questions if you like but I'm not going to write a book here.

Send me an e-mail and I'll send you my phone number. Also it wouldn't hurt to go to www.poorbuthappy.com and do a site search on buying property before giving me a call.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: