Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 12:00:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waterfall near Dumagete  (Read 5743 times)
Minnesota guy
« on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Humabdos asked last week if I had visited the waterfall near Dumagete, above Valencia. Yes I did but it was quite the trip to get there. Initially I followed the wrong river out of town and came to a dead end in the mountainous area owned by the Geo-thermal power company. In the afternoon we went through Valencia and found a really nice spring-fed swimming area. No one we asked knew about the falls but we continued (via scooter) up the road which eventually became a trail. Just when we were ready to give up we came to a small hut which was the location of a nature preserve. I still had no idea about a waterfall but we did follow a series of concrete stairs deep into a pristine valley. Very nice area with small river at the bottom. We sat around for a bit and then did follow the trail upstream. Suddenly we came upon a very beautiful high falls. I really had no idea it was there. Did not associate the falls with the nature preserve. It's a wonderful spot to visit in the deep narrow valley surrounded by high walls of lush vegetation. Only saw one other couple in the area and this was on a Saturday. This was one my favorite spots that I visited. Someday I would like to rent a small hut in the mountains and spend a week just hiking around and exploring isolated areas.       Bill
Humabdos
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Waterfall near Dumagete, posted by Minnesota guy on Dec 17, 2001

Yes that water fall is really nice! Did you take a swim there? I did and the water was very cold! I couldn't belive how cold it was! That place will be the first place I go to when I get there. The other place you where at is the Banica Vally Resort and swiming pool. I did't swim there because of the fear of Schistosomiasis  AND OTHER FRESH WATER DISEASES lots of people live up stream from that pool! I am glad to hear you got to see the Falls it's not even listed in the new Lonely Planet book! Lots of things and places are left out of the new book so now i'll be taking the old one along with me also. I would Highly recommend Dumaguete as a great place to spen some time.

Humabdos

Pete
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Waterfall near Dumagete (Casiroro Fa..., posted by Humabdos on Dec 17, 2001

Hum,

You should add your knowledge to Lonely Planet's site. Since they haven't updated their "philippines" guide for sometime now and they rely on travellers for updated info. Could be useful for future visitors.

Pete

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: