Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 05:29:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear's Trip Report Chapter # 6  (Read 8299 times)
Honey
« on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Please remember this is just my observations and not an attempt to be rude or argumentative.

We moved from the Palm Plaza Hotel to the Atrium Hotel.  Got a terrific deal that Helen would like to share with the rest of ya’ll as well.  We are paying less than half the P1500 we were paying at Palm Plaza and this view is awesome.  There is something of a mall on the 1st through 5th floors but it’s not completely developed.  The room is much nicer with better cable TV, a bathtub, a love seat and chairs but we did have to give up the free breakfast and newspaper.

The Atrium is right beside the LRT and we decided we would be adventurous and take a ride on it this morning.  We need to go back to the Robinson Mall where I purchased some glasses last week (tri-focal progressive for only $200) and they should be ready today.  Yes this means the “old meanie” won’t let me get the lasik surgery.  She is just so afraid I’ll get hurt.  You can see the Robinson Mall right out our 21st floor window.  It appears to be about 15-16 blocks south.  The LRT goes right beside the University of the Philippines, which is about 2 blocks from Robinson’s Mall.  We have made the trip this way several times and it takes about 45 minutes to travel the 16 blocks in a cab at a cost of P75-90.  It’ll be interesting to see how fast the LRT is and how much it costs.

We found out that our 35MM camera was screwed up and a great majority of our pictures were ruined.  All of those we took back Davao and at the park Nayong Pilipino (pouting).  Honey wants to go back and take pictures again at Nayong Pilipino.

Next day:

Yesterday was quite a day.  We went to Nayong Pilipino again and no sooner got there than Howard’s wife started calling us.  So we left and met them at Glorietta Mall.  She seemed pretty sincere in just needing so money to get back home and had standby ticket for the flight just no money for a variety of small things like the tax and terminal fee and few odds and ends (like money for her family I guess).  I invited them to my hotel room and let her call Howard (love waking that guy at 4 AM – hehehe).  Then she said once she had her flight confirmed she’d come back here and call him again.

There appears to be a new scam with the cab drivers, or at least new with me.  They refuse to start their meters and tell you to pay what you want.  AT first I thought it’s was okay but now after about the 5th or 6th time I see it’s just a way to scam foreigners.  So when they refuse to start their meters we get out and wait for another cab.  The LRT was only P12 and took less that 5 minutes to get us back to the Robinson Mall.  I wish I knew more about the LRT and MRT so I could use them more.  Very little published info on them and I get tired of bass-ackwards directions I am given.

The hotel here has nice accommodations but boy is it expensive.  They want $2 to wash and press a shirt!!!  There is not “free breakfast” and our breakfast this morning was over $10.  We asked for a cab at the door and the hotel wanted to charge us P350 for getting it for us.  I think they think way too much of themselves.

We finally finished seeing Nayong Pilipino then went over to what we thought was a pretty good looking mall from the outside, Coastal Mall.  It was like a junk flea market on the inside.  No major retailers at all.

I called the Embassy a few minutes ago and they said that at this time no K-3 are being issued.  So it can still be a long time before Honey can come to join me in the USA.  But I think its going to happen real soon otherwise they would not have St.Lukes packed to the door overflowing with girls on K-3’s to take physicals.  Still I don’t know how I am going to get on that plane without Honey again.  We really thought we would make it this time.

Lots of Mag-Anakers getting together with us tonight, Marianne-on-fire, Mary324, Laarni and probably Helen and Lily (who BTW passed her interview today.  Look out James cause here she comes!!!  Only took James and Lily 2 years on an I-130 - gossshhh).  Let you know how that goes later.  Still planning to take a car to Baguio Friday and Saturday and then meet with more Mag-Anakers Saturday night.  Fly out on Sunday morning.

More to come.

Mr Kabalaka
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bear's Trip Report Chapter # 6, posted by Honey on Nov 28, 2001

Bear $10 dollars for breckfast?  What the heck did you eat?
Weren't the prices on the menu? Hotel food is almost always over priced. Ok for the cab thing when they tell me that I say ok lets go I am going to give you p20 ok?  When you get there if he demands more tell him to piss off and just walk away... simple as that if by chance they still hassel you if your in Ermita just start yelling for the tourist police get there ID and tell them you will report them. That will take care of them! ( I make a sport of this)! LOL

Ok thirdly why on Gods green earth would you hire a CAR!!!! to take you to Baguio?Huh? LOL! Whats wrong with a aircon bus? I bet the bus would even be faster! have you seen the way those buss drivers drive? HOLELY COW! ( Honey must be thrilled to be married to such a rich Kano! LOL)!

Sorry Baguio was a very big dissapointment to me! If you can find the time go all the way to SAgada now this place is fantastic!  A nice clean room will cost no more than p200 at the most food very good and cheep!

Ok well have fun!   O BTW that was cool what you did for Howard!   I'll be on my way there Jan 15 till some time in Feb getting my ticket this week! I can't wait!    Humabdos

Don J
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bear's Trip Report Chapter # 6, posted by Honey on Nov 28, 2001

Art:

I had my doubts about you when you first started to post hear a few years back. You seemed bitter and untrusting, obviously from what you were going through in your first marriage. However, I must say you have restored my faith in people changing when I read the sweet things you say about Honey and the help you have offered Big H while you are there trying to get Honey's visa approved.

I would be honored to shake your hand one day, you are a special person to take the time to help Howard out with his situation whatever the outcome. Wish you and Honey all of Gods Blessings and pray that you will soon be together here in the states.

Thanks for helping Howard and God Bless!
Don J

Howard
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to God Bless You!, posted by Don J on Nov 28, 2001

... that I was hesitant to to accept Art's offer of help at first.  People always offer to help, myself included, and sometimes the offer is genuine, but many will give up easily at any sign of added hassle.  Not that I thought Art was like that, but that I didn't want any false hope, if that makes any sense.  Art was not only committed to helping my wife and I, but I honestly believe it was his persistance that brought us to the point we are at now.

We discussed an amount of money for my wife before hand but he hasn't even bothered to tell me how much money I owe him.  When I offered to Fed-X money to his hotel, he said that he isn't worried about the money.  I am truely humbled by his generousity and humanity.  Of course, I will reimburse him financially, but I will never be able to repay him.  The one thing that he has maintained through this whole ordeal is that he just wants Ayesa and I to have the opportunity to be a part of each other's life and to be happy.

No matter what the ultimate outcome, I will always remember what he has done for my wife and I.  I will do my best to not waste the opportunity he has given us.

Just shows ya... you never know who your friends are.  If it makes him feel any better, I do feel guilty about the Mormon jokes I posted as part of the Howard Chronicles :c)

BTW:  Art comes off very warm and genuine on the phone, we had a brief, but nice conversation :c)

H

aedude40
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I must also point out..., posted by Howard on Nov 28, 2001

the type this world needs more of.

Chris

Honey
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I must also point out..., posted by Howard on Nov 28, 2001

I keep telling Honey I am the happiest luckiest and most blessed and she reads this stuff she'll say its her.  So ya'll have to stop or I'll lose my argument.

Bear

Don J
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Gosh guys?, posted by Honey on Nov 28, 2001

....about how a good loving and caring woman can bring the best out of a guy. I tell my wife everyday how fortunate I feel that she has come into my life which seems to embarrass her. She truly has made me a better person in so many ways and she has opened my eyes to so many things.

Art, we are blessed to have found these women, I just wish I would have found my Chele 20 years early.

God Bless!
Don J

Howard
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Something magical...., posted by Don J on Nov 29, 2001

Don

If you had found Chele twenty years earlier, would that have been legal?  LOL

H

Don J
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Something magical...., posted by Howard on Nov 29, 2001

NT