Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 09:57:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gossshhhh!!  (Read 15364 times)
SteveB
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Gossshhhh!!, posted by Bear on Dec 3, 2001

Congrats Bear!  Juliet and I got married a couple of weeks past.  I'm sure you will enjoy Honey's company as much as We have enjoyed each other!  Best of luck!

Steveb and Juliet!

cc
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Bear, we may have had our differences in the past but I am glad you found your happiness and will have your honey home in time for the holidays. Merry Christmas and best wishes!
Bear
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to best wishes, posted by cc on Dec 3, 2001

Thanks.  

I know you were only defending Filipinas in general but if you had read my posts you would have seen I was sincere in what I was doing.  I never wanted to hurt Honey but I thought the legal situation I was getting into would have caused her lots of pain and loneliness.  

But I have to admit also that the things I saw from her during that time convinced me that I was making a big mistake.  Much different than my "ex" who cursed me continually when I left her, Honey praised my choices even though it hurt her.  How can you give up someone like that?

Bear

Ray
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Sorry she couldn't be on the plane with you, but at least you'll have a really merry Christmas and a happy first anniversary.

Ray

Bear
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congratulations!, posted by Ray on Dec 3, 2001

I know thing will be different once the "Boss" gets here.  I know I'll come home and trip over things that have been moved and probably spend my weekends doing "HoneyDos".  But I'll love every minute of it too.

Bear

Ray
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Congratulations!, posted by Bear on Dec 3, 2001

Yep, it's nice to have someone in charge of the day-to-day household stuff. I told my wife to do whatever she wants in side the house. I can't find anything anymore since she re-arranged everything, but I never complain. I think it helps her to feel like an important member of the team if I have to ask her where everything is (LOL).

It's too bad that you're starting a new job and probably won't get much time off for a while. Is there someone to stay with the wife for a few weeks while you're at work, until she gets adjusted to the culture shock? It might be a little traumatic for her to be alone all day. Just make sure she has somebody nearby to call when she gets locked out of the house, the smoke alarm goes off, the Jehova’s Witnesses show up at the door, the toilet starts overflowing, etc. :-)

I take it from your reports that you aren’t really into Filipino foods yet? You might want her to start breaking you in with some of the more mild stuff like chicken adobo, fried rice, pancit canton, lumpia, etc. Most of my wife’s cooking is actually quite healthy. Tons of fresh steamed vegetables, steamed fish, stri-fry (very little fat), chicken soup, etc. And we barbecue at least 3-4 times a week (fresh fish, chicken, eggplant, corn-on-the-cob, monkey meat on a stick). Then later on she can work you into the good stuff like dinuguan (chocolate meat), kinilaw (raw seafood), crispy pata (fried pig’s feet), sinigang na ulo isda (fish head soup), bituka (guts), paksiw na isda (fish cooked in vinegar), … I’m getting hungry so I better shut up now!

Ray

donb2222
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

What crazy timing.  Glad to hear the good news . Are you going back to the PI?
Bear
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wow!!!, posted by donb2222 on Dec 3, 2001

Can't afford it.  I hope I can muster the few hundred I need to get her home.  Start a new job today at a sizeable cut in pay thanks to the economy.

Bear

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: