Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 24, 2024, 01:47:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vietnamese Ladies...Help Please  (Read 4631 times)
AZBuckI
« on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I have been communicating with Filipinas now for a couple of months.  I have found them to be very sweet, loving and intelligent.  But I can't deny that I am a little more attracted to Vietnamese ladies than I am to most Filipinas.  I have been doing a lot of research on both countries over the last few months, however, if anyone has any first hand knowledge of the customs, economy etc. of Vietnam and is willing to share it with me I would really appreciate it.  How do you feel about your experiences with the ladies of Vietnam?  What type of marriage partners do they make?  How do they adapt to life in the states?  How do the Vietnamese feel about Americans?  How would you compare them with Filipinas?  If I decide to try my hand at communicating with some Vietnamese ladies does anyone have any hints or suggestions?  

Feel free to E-mail me with messages if you wish.  Any and all information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

dave_rice@metronetwoks.com

madmal
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Vietnamese Ladies...Help Please, posted by AZBuckI on Jan 24, 2001

Hi,
As Dave H said, I am married to a Vietnamese lady, Doan.
My first trip to Vietnam was on a cycling holiday. That's when I met Doan. We corresponded, I visited again etc etc.
In the last 2 years I have spend about 9 weeks there.
To answer some of your questions..
In many ways the things you read, or already know, about Filipinas apply very well to the Vietnamese ladies.
There are some differences though. English is not as prevalent in Vietnam. Every school aged child learns it as a second language and most university students study it intensively. Apart from that you will find that many of the ladies don't speak english well.
If your religion (Christianity) is important to you then you should steer towards Saigon where there are many Christian women. I sometimes joke that there are more Christians in Vietnam than there are in Australia. It IS actually true. There are now close to 80 million people in Vietnam, at least 10% of whom are Christian. That's a pool of 4 million women.
Having said that, most people are Buddhist.
I am very happy to be married to a Buddhist lady.

Despite what some might think, the Vietnamese accept Americans very well. (And other westerners) There are very few prospects for an enterprising young lady in Vietnam.
They know that if they can get to the west then the future wil be much brighter. They find wetern men handsome and consider them to be good husbands.

Doan is still in Vietnam. We are hoping that she can come to Australia this year. As such I can't say too much about married life or how she will adapt to a new home and culture. I imagine it's going to be difficult at times.
I am fortunate to have several Vietnamese friends who will be of great support in the future.
Family is very important to the Vietnamese and so Vietnamese women are dedicated wives (Generalisation).
Their priorities are primarily directed towards the family.
Doan has had a lot of contact with foreigners and so has a better understanding of what life in the west offers. The concept of more ' equality' in a relationship is attractive to her.

There are many very beautiful women in Vietnam who will happily correspond with you, get to know you and (all too soon) fall in love with you.
The mail-order side of things isn't as well established in Vietnam. My suggestion is always to get your butt on a plane and get over there. Meet a few people, get to know the culture (a little) and decide whether this is for you.

Lastly I have to say that everything concerned with marriage, immigration, bureacracy is a lot harder in Vietnam.

mal

Bueller
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Vietnamese Ladies...Help Please, posted by AZBuckI on Jan 24, 2001

Funny thing, I first got interested in the overseas romance thing as a result of reading the book All The Trouble in the World (or, less likely, it was the book Give War a Chance), by humorist P.J. O'Rourke. He traveled to several countries in order to make economic and policy comparisons, and Vietnam was one of them. It was his remark that every other Vietnamese woman he saw made Julia Roberts look like Lyle Lovett, that got me interested and looking. Aside from that remark, there are other cultural observations in the book. I agree, there are some rather attractive women there. How do you feel about marrying a Buddhist? Chances are excellent she will be.
Dave H
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Vietnamese Ladies...Help Please, posted by Bueller on Jan 24, 2001

Hi Dave and Bueller,

As with many guys here, I don't know much about relationships with Vietnamese or Chinese ladies. Most of us are involved with Filipinas. So...I will not baffle you with my "brilliance." We do have our experts in these matters, however.

Dave, Mal is married to a Vietnamese lady. He posted some awesome information about his relationship and wedding.  Lori is in the process of meeting her fiance in Vietnam. She has Vietnamese friends in the US. I am sure that they will be able to offer lots of help.

Bueller, Tim's wife is from Hong Kong and is our resident China expert. He can offer tons of help. Read his incredible story "A Texan In Hong Kong," in the Trip Report section of Planet Love. He even moderates a discussion forum for Chinese couples.

They should be around later.

As for myself...I would have married a Buddhist lady. Since I resemble Buddha, I know that she would have worshipped the ground I walked on. No Flames Please! Shocked))

Dave "Little Buddha" H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: