Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 24, 2024, 01:45:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Word to the Wise (Newbies, et al)  (Read 25773 times)
Mr Kabalaka
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Stop meeting women on the internet, posted by donb2222 on Dec 7, 2001

n/t
NW Jim
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A Word to the Wise (Newbies, et al), posted by Howard on Dec 6, 2001

I think perhaps the key to your observation is the increased use of the internet. The ease of communications, has meant that folks don't have to put as much time, effort and patience into the search as they used to. Faster communications leads to faster decisions, not necessarily better ones.  

Think about the old days-5+ years ago, handwriting all those letters, lost letters, waiting weeks for a response. All of this slowed the process down, limited the number of people one could correspond with and the waiting weeded out the less serious and less determined, on both sides. Once a pen pal relationship was well under way, the "costs" of dropping one and chasing after a new unknown face were high, particulary for the ladies.

Course it didn't deter Momma from writing the letters; she just couldn't write as many.

As far as the PI, I would guess that the demand is actually down while the supply is up. Why? Just my general sense that with more agencies opening up in FSU and latin America
that AM now have more options and are no longer just focusing on PI.

Mr Kabalaka
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A Word to the Wise (Newbies, et al), posted by Howard on Dec 6, 2001

I said this a long time ago over on Maganak and here too. This is no cake walk guys! The sad thing about it we will see more and more to come shocking and heart breaking, life destroying..... It's a dog eat dog world out there if you let your guard down you will get burned!   Humabdos
Tim
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Howard,

Stopped by and thought I'd reply to this one. Yes, I've seen the numbers rise in the last few years -- both the number of visas being processed and the number of failures (but mathematically they should be related, I guess).

It's not just a phenomena from the Phillipines. A guy in my discussion group for China-USA relationships recently found some new statistics put out on the website of the US consulate in Guangzhou, China. In FY 2000, they processed around 2700 K-1 visas. In FY 2001, they have processed over 4000 already. This is not a real surprise to me since WTO is beginning to bring more westerners in contact with Chinese. However, the Consulate goes on to bluntly state that the number of fraud cases attempting to utilize K-1s has increased. This is one reason that it takes longer to process K-1s there. When you consider this is just the fraud that they can detect prior to approving the visa, it get's scary.

I really caution any guy interacting with Chinese ladies on the websites and in the chatrooms -- go slow and take your time.  A Chinese woman can make a wonderful wife, but there seem to be more and more sharks swimming in these new waters.

Regars, Tim

Jeff S
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, and China is no exception, posted by Tim on Dec 6, 2001

Tim:
Would you mind posting the URL of the Chinese/American discussion group?
-- Jeff S.
Tim
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chinese/American discussion group, posted by Jeff S on Dec 7, 2001

Click on my name to see the URL, it's in my PL profile. Patrick's security is kicking in and keeping me from putting it in this message, LOL.

Regards, Tim

greg
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

those MOB websites are full of Crap. They are only out to make money from their BS. Mr Peabody
Taliman
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yea, Howard, posted by greg on Dec 6, 2001

Mr. Peabody and others.
Haven't you figured it out yet?
There is "NO SUCH THING" as a "Mail Order Bride Site"
Show me even "ONE" site where you can:

1.) Look at a catalog of women
2.) Choose one by name or number
3.) Send in your "Payment"
4.) Wait around for your delivery of your wife.

I'll give you a million dollars if you find a company than can
procure a women from the Philippines to the US without first...

You HAVE to meet them in person
You have to go through immigration unless you know some snakehead.
SHE has a choice.

Peabody, your statement that they (PENPAL Sites) are only out to make money
MAY be true in "some" cases but you are "Generalizing"
There are many "FREE" sites out there as well and others who only charge for their webspace(accounts)

As Don2222 said Spending TIME in the country is the MOST important thing.
NOT being unrealistic about the type of person you THINK you can be with is another.

Not every guy can have a Beauty Queen.
Some can but you must be willing to pay and pay and pay somemore as some here on the
board are finding. "Look in the Mirror" Be realistic!

Of COURSE there are more failures now but that is because there are more couples getting together.
Due the math.

There are plenty of success stories out there.
Taliman

greg
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Yea, Howard, posted by Taliman on Dec 7, 2001

U may BS yourself into believing your Crap, but You don't BS Mr Peabody. As Don2222 said..Just get on that plane and be found by Love. Nooooo need to fill those Lying Crooks pockets with our hard earned dollars. Mr Peabody
SteveG
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Yea, Howard-Ding Dong, posted by greg on Dec 8, 2001

Greg,
 What is wrong with selling addresses?   Those 'lying crooks' gave me exactly what I paid for - Addresses.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If a guy wants an agency to pick out a wife for him and he gets burned, he got what he deserves in my opinion.   To expect anything more than a ladies address for the purpose of an initial contact is ridiculous.  I never have understand why some guys are so hung up on paying for the address of a woman.   What is wrong an agency owner getting paid for his/her services as long as they don't imply they can deliver you a wife without any effort on your part??
                                        SteveG
greg
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "Lying Crooks?", posted by SteveG on Dec 10, 2001

Sorry that I didn't explain myself clearly. What I meant was the advertising of the Women. Goodies is all MOB Websites BS about, no warnings for the unexpected Guy. Can brain wash a newbie Guy into believing that a Pinay can do no wrong, that any Filipina can be Loyal, Honest, Faithful, etc...Which is Crap and can Mess up a Guy's life if he choose the wrong One.   Mr Peabody
SteveG
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi SteveG Goood Points.., posted by greg on Dec 10, 2001

Greg,
 That part I agree with you on.   Some of the sites do tend to give the impression that all you have to do to have eternal bliss is to go to the Philippines and grab a woman and bring her back with you - any woman you want.  She will instantly love you and all will be perfect as you live happily ever after.   But surely any guy old enough to have the $$'s to get into this thing has had enough experience with life to know that's not true.   Don't they?   Well, I guess not but there's not much that can be done about that except to keep emphasizing the reality of the situation here on PL.  Smiley
                              SteveG
Taliman
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Yea, Howard-Ding Dong, posted by greg on Dec 8, 2001

Well then you must think Mag-anak site is full of crap then because they have a penpal section too!
Thats right you can see the pictures of the ladies there and  start writing them....and they are FREE
so there is no BS in that....do what U want....good riddens!
greg
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Yea, Howard-Ding Dong, posted by Taliman on Dec 9, 2001

Hey Ding Dong!!! Good Riddiance to Yourself, go back to Mag You Sucker. hehehehehe
greg
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Yea, Howard-Ding Dong, posted by greg on Dec 9, 2001

have a good day. Sorry!! Mr Peabody
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: