Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 26, 2024, 06:49:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone Courtesy  (Read 11914 times)
kevin
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Phone Courtesy, posted by FL on Jan 24, 2001

Thanks for telling me.  I feel terrible, though.  I could scream.  To think that something trivial could cause all this riff-raff.

Bottomline is, I wasn't calling just to chat.  I was calling to relay an important message that otherwise could not be relayed. Man!!! I hope I didn't create trouble.

Anyways, no she does not have a home phone.  I would HAVE NOT called her at work, if I had a better available alternative.  But, what am I going to do?  It was a calculated move on my part, and I thought it was within reason.

Well, IT JUST PLAIN STINKS !!!!!

- Kevin

BTW, she is planning on getting a phone for home and a phone #.

greg
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Phone Courtesy, posted by kevin on Jan 24, 2001

Hi! Kelvin, I used to call a Penpal that worked at the Hospital in the Philippines, different persons answered my calls with no problems, so I guess it all depends on the place your calling. About email? Well, alot of Penpals doesn't have the pesos to check their email at the Internet Cafe, so they wait until they get the extra pesos. You know most earn a very low monthly salary, they cannot affort luxuries, using the internet for them is a luxury. If she's using the Company's computer to email, I believe she would need to do it behind their backs. After I started paying for my Mahal to use email and sent her money for a cell phone, there were no more correspondence problems. Good Luck Kelvin,  greg
Dave H
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Phone Courtesy, posted by kevin on Jan 24, 2001

Hi Kevin,

Did you get his name? I have plenty of time on my hands and keep money in reserve for situations like this. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" Shocked)

Be patient. Try sending a letter explaining the situation USPS Global Priority Mail. Maybe it will get there in 2 weeks or less. What about an online floral delivery service in Manila? Send flowers with a note attached. I don't know what else you can do until she discovers the problem. I will try some things on my end.

Dave H.

FL
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dirty Deeds, posted by Dave H on Jan 24, 2001

I sent Global priority Dec. 4, she got it in one week!!WoW, but that is nullified by the letter I sent Nov. 25..she never got it, doubt she will after two months :-(
Dave H
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Dirty Deeds/Global Priority Blues, posted by FL on Jan 24, 2001

Hi FL,

One week is great! Was the lost letter sent Global Priority too? I write a couple of things like, "No Money," and "Government Documents" on the Envelopes. My Global Priority Mail averages 2 weeks to reach my fiancee. But she is 285 miles south of Manila. I even have the post office stamp "Air Mail" on the envelopes. It seems to be the difference between going on the "slow boat" or the plane in the Philippines. One Priority envelope that wasn't stamped "Air Mail" took 6 weeks to reach her.

Dave H.

FL
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Them Ol' Global Priority Blues, posted by Dave H on Jan 24, 2001

"Lost" letter was also Global Priority, to Cebu. She receives her mail at work, a VERY large Japanese computer hardware Mfg., so it's always been reliable before, ie., 2-3 weeks. It got so I didn't have a reason not to slip in a few $$$ It was the only way my fiance will accept money, I have to send it without her knowing about it. I did leave her with some $$ while I was there and told her to buy X-mas gifts for the family. She told me what she had bought and was now almost broke. I asked how much of the money I had left her did she still have? Her answer.."All of it"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: