Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 11:48:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the people of Vietnam...  (Read 4081 times)
AZBuckI
« on: November 08, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Does anyone have any knowledge about the diffrences between the people of North and Central Vietnam compared to  the people from the South?  I have been writing to a couple of ladies from the Saigon area for a couple of weeks and things are going well.  Now, I am considering writing to a couple of ladies from the northern provinces.  A Canadian guy who lives in Saigon told me the people of Central and northern Vietnam are diffrent from those from the South, however, he did not really say how they differ.  Of course I've been reading a lot of books but they don't say too much about the people.  Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Creighton

The Mog
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question about the people of Vietnam..., posted by AZBuckI on Nov 8, 2001

AZ, I have a Vietnamese friend here, she was from South Vietnam, just got off the phone with her actually. The differences are that the North are not friendly, kind of mean and more aggressive. Now, dont anyone give me a hard time, I'm sure there are exceptions but thats what she said, for what its worth.
madmal
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question about the people of Vietnam..., posted by The Mog on Nov 8, 2001

As I was reading your post, my wife Doan was standing behind me saying " North people are not friendly, they are like "Chi Chang" " (which means 'angry woman')
So she concurs with your friend.  Doan is from central Vietnam.  She said she likes people from the south because they are friendly.

From my experience and from my reading on the subject, Northern people are far more conservative and suspicious of outsiders. Most of my experience has been with 'central' people. They are very friendly and generous.

Mal

Taliman
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question about the people of Vietnam..., posted by The Mog on Nov 8, 2001

Someone could say those from the south are friendly and the north are cold...
BUT I'm talking about the U.S....now see how big of a generalization that is?
Please judge each of your vietnamese gals on their own merits.
Taliman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: