Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 04:51:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Fiance Visa just got approved!  (Read 5199 times)
Mr Curious
« on: April 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hey Guys...Long time no post!

Just to let you know my Fiance Visa finally got approved from INS yesterday, April 9th!

I initially sent in the application at the end of November 2000. They didn't actually begin working on the case until Feb. 13th, 2001. After a follow-up later...she is now approved!!!

The wait has taken its toll on our relationship...but now it appears we are at the finish line!

El Abogado- please send me your e-mail...I have a few questions for you about the "open appointments in Bogota"?!

RC
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Fiance Visa just got approved!, posted by Mr Curious on Apr 10, 2001

Congratulations!!

I have the same question as JunFanTX.  Was this the entire shootin match or just the initial I129 approval?  In TX they say that it takes 30 to 40 days to process the initial approval.  They received my package on Feb. 26. As of yesterday they hadn't done a thing.  I asked the women why they quote 30 to 40 days in their literature and she had no reply.  How long into the process before you wrote your letter?  Was the letter addressed to someone in particular at the INS Center?  Just curious, I don't intend to wait too long before shaking the tree's just a little.

I can see how that amount of time could possible stress a relationship.  Especially, if you could not travel to see her during that timeline.  Telephone calls and E-mails only go so far.  I have this nagging feeling that I'm about to go through the same thing.

Again, the best to you and yours.

RC

Mr Curious
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My Fiance Visa just got approved!, posted by RC on Apr 11, 2001

OK...this is what was approved...the initial application/request (I don't know the form numbers) sent to Laguna Niel, California.

I'm guessing that they send this paperwork over to Colombia for final processing and the famous interview at Bogota.I figure this can take anywhere from 3-6 more weeks.

My letter to INS was a response to their request for evidence that :
I am a US Citizen &
I have been to Colombia
however, I sent alot more information such as letters, phone bills, pictures, ATM account withdrwals, phone card invoices and receipts.

Is there something I'm missing? I guess we just wait for BOGOTA to process the remaining paperwork and then send it to her. My girl has everything she needs (proof of a clean criminal history, citizenship, passport and other stuff).I'm really curious about this "Open appointment idea" tossed around by El Abogado...because I want my honey here asap!
Any other ideas?

MR. C!

RC
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: My Fiance Visa just got approved..., posted by Mr Curious on Apr 11, 2001

Yea, sounds like the initial I129 approval.  I don't understand why they asked for additional information.  Other then what you just listed, did you not send copies of you birth certificate, passport w/visa, hotel and restaurant receipts, airline boarding passes, pictures of the two of you together, etc.

If you did, I can’t understand why they would ask for more evidence.  Oh well, it’s water under the bridge now anyway.

Best of Luck,

RC

Houndog
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Fiance Visa just got approved!, posted by Mr Curious on Apr 10, 2001

Hey some of the waiting is over...LOL...hang in there man...it seems like forever but it"ll happen.

Best of Success and Happiness.

Regards, Houndog

JunFanTX
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Congrats bro,
Was that the Tentative Approval or was that the approval for the whole shootin' match (after Bogota)Huh?

TIA,
MIke

Hoda
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Now,

The "Hard" and most rewarding part is ahead of you. Keep the faith and stay true to yourself & your lady....

Peace....Hoda

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: