Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 04:59:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Ray.....  (Read 11432 times)
Stephen
« on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

How are things going on getting Megs here?

When do you think she will arrive?

I imagine you're quite anxious.

Best wishes.

Stephen & Tess

roger sommerville
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Ray....., posted by Stephen on Jan 29, 2001

rls from nc
how long does it normally take to get your wife home after being married?Huh? been 15 months and still no interview; just a lot of b/s from nvc and about 100 phone calls/////help
Ray
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey Ray....., posted by roger sommerville on Feb 3, 2001

From the time that NVC received all the packet 3 stuff and I-864, it took them about 87 days to approve our petition.

I never did get any kind of status info on that stupid phone system of theirs. I finally got through to an operator after dialing for 20 minutes and another 20 minutes on hold. He said it had been approved that morning and forwarded to Manila :-)

From the time that I sent the original I-130 to CSC, it took about 8 months to get through the NVC part. The prevailing wisdom out there is that the entire process takes 10 to 14 months if all the paperwork is perfect. I’ve heard some stories that the NVC can really be picky about the little details and it’s not too unusual to have them come back to you for corrections or more info. I guess we got lucky.

I wish you luck.

Ray
Ray_snyder@nospam.com

Ray
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Ray....., posted by Stephen on Jan 29, 2001

Thanks! We got through the NVC a couple of weeks ago and everything was forwarded to Manila. Just waiting for the appointment letter now. Yes, quite anxious!

So, how is married life treating you? Tess, did you try out your driving skills on the SoCal freeways yet?

Ray

Stephen
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to S & T, posted by Ray on Jan 29, 2001

...nice to know that Miguela is on her way here...well, so far he's treating me good...LOL. He's a good cook. I cooked my own filipino food and eat it too. He's afraid to try it.

I've been to Family Law Courts and Bankrupcy Courts, American life is so exciting. I tried my driving skills only at the parking lot on Sundays (when it's vacant). I'll have my driving lessons  anyday day from now.

We're busy now preparing my papers for my adjustment of status.

Best of luck to you and Migs. And hope to see you too.

Tess Brittain

Ray
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: S & T...from tessb, posted by Stephen on Jan 29, 2001

Tess,

Stephen is afraid to try your cooking? Why, what did you cook? Fish head soup?

Maybe you should start him off with the easy stuff first, like fried rice, pansit, chicken adobo, fried lumpia (try it with lean ground beef), sinigang na hipon, etc. Then you can slowly work him up to the dinuguan, kinilaw, pusit, crispy pata, bituka, and all that good stuff.

Does Stephen like rice? Try serving him canned chili on rice, canned corned beef on rice, rice omelets, rice & bean burritos, rice sandwiches, etc. I'm sure he'll eat that :-)

Good luck with your driving lessons.

Ray

Stephen
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Filipino Food, posted by Ray on Jan 31, 2001

Hi Ray...

I cooked  pork sinigang few minutes ago and can you believe what he did? he prayed that i will not have stomach trouble.
God answered his prayers...i'm alright.... i just laughed..

We are still in our honeymoon period..he's such a very nice guy..i can't ask for anything more. We are planning our trip to Alaska this year, i'm already excited about it...

We'd both like to see you and Migs in the future...

Tess

Ray
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Filipino Food...tess, posted by Stephen on Jan 31, 2001

OK Tess, you’ve got a deal.

He really prayed you wouldn’t get sick? Thanks for the laugh!

I love sinigang! Did you find the sinigang mix in the local stores? Stephen, eat your sinigang! It won’t hurt you, I guarantee it. That is goooood stuff! If you don’t start sampling Tess’s cooking, she might think you don’t love her :-)

You two enjoy you honeymoon now!

Ray

Stephen
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Filipino Food, posted by Ray on Feb 1, 2001

I got the sabaw ng sinigang (tamarind) mix at Albertsons asian section. We still have to find time to go to a Filipino Store around here....I need to find some more stuff. Stephen is very busy at work...

Stephen has a lot of clients who are Calvary Chapel folks.  He tells them that what they need is his "Jesus Saves Bankruptcy"! Someone called today and asked Stephen what he can do about there financial problems. Stephen said "Have you ever thought about robbing a liquor store?"

January to March is a good time of the year for our business. I've gone with him to work everyday. And i've meet a lot of Filipinos filing BK. He's thinking about advertising in a Filipino Newspaper. I want to help my fellow filipinos in our own little way....

tess

Jeff S.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to re: sinigang........tess, posted by Stephen on Feb 1, 2001

Tess:
You might try the Little Saigon grocery stores in Westminster. They have quite a few Philippine items, though are more Viet Namese and Chinese oriented. You can get great deals on rice, fish and other asian items, too. My wife and I go there often.
- Jeff S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: