Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 21, 2024, 11:08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrapping Suitcases???  (Read 2986 times)
Tai
« on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

The recent post and responses about the gringo getting busted in Cali brought a question to mind.

How many of you guys out there have your suitcases wrapped in that plastic wrap for the return trip?

I've noticed that most of the Colombians have their suitcases wrapped to prevent any chance of unwanted "gifts" or "surprises" being placed in them.

Just curious.

Tai

Red Clay
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wrapping Suitcases???, posted by Tai on Nov 16, 2001

My wife flew to Peru from Atlanta on Sept 20, bags were wrapped at airport, no questions asked. If the airport cant' do it, you can buy a small roll of shrinkwrap at Home Depot and do it yourself. Works the same.
Hoda
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

If I don't have hard-shell suitcases with locks, I'm using the gladwrap service when I'm leaving Cali. Personally, I rather have my bags robbed, instead of supplied...lol

Peace...Hoda

JimSimon
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

The last time my wife went back to Colombia he suitcase arrived three days after her and had had things taken out of it.  This happened in the custody of Avianca airlines.

To add insult to injury, Avianca refused to take any responsibility for something that was clearly their fault.  She was leaving from Phoenix so had no opportunity to get it wrapped.

People wrap suitcases so the airline employees can't rob them.

cdrab
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

When I returned on nov 5 I  had my luggage wrapped and as soon as I was in the line at Avianca they made me unwrap my luggage so they could visually inspect the inside of the luggage, they were inspecting everyones luggage whether it was checked baggage or carry on. In the past I have had things stolen out of my luggage and complained to the guy at avianca but he told me that after the sept 11 terrorist attack they weren't allowing any wrapped luggage on international flights. If you are flying nationaly it is a great idea especialy if you have a connecting flight. If you fly american you can wrap your luggage because they are an international airline operating by different rules.That is what I was told by Avianca.
Clint
Cali vet
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I had mined wrapped last time because I missplaced my padlock. Cost $5.000
Aaron
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Tai,

I avoided this problem by using hardcover Samsonite suitcases that have combination locks.

Aaron

Sol
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I'd guess that most people do the shrink wrapping to prevent things from disappearing from their luggage. I would guess that drugs don't get smuggled unwittingly into the U.S. through people's luggage all that much but I could be wrong. But, I agree, shrink wrapping sounds like a good idea.

Sol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: