Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 03, 2024, 06:31:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flight Prices  (Read 7459 times)
AndrewinOH
« on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I was looking into flight prices to Saint Petersburg and Moscow. The price right now is running around $820 round trip. Is this a good price?
Watcher
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Flight Prices, posted by AndrewinOH on Jan 2, 2003

While to late for you now, here is what I did. When I started this journey I looked to find the best frequent flyer miles program from my city. Signed up for it added a credit card for that airline and now charge all bills and expenses and just write one check per month. My my phone service land and cell all gives me miles.
Last Trip cost $83.34 and 40 frequent flyer miles for airline ticket. LA-Moscow.
I plan to go to St. Petersburg/Novisbirsk in April. Already booked Ticket for $85.17 and 50K miles. Northwest/KLM  
Quick connections,just one for two hours at Amasterdam great service.You arrive in a 737 so you avoid all of the crowds of a large 747 landing and four hundred people all trying to go through customs at once.
Then  when I was able to book my first trip I bought a one year business visa to Russia,. Saves time and trouble.I can now be very flexiable when I go and if I want to stay a few more days or leave later "no visa worries".You will need to go three times in one year for this to be equal to a single entry visa price. Evem if I was going to go only twice I think the extra fee is worth the flexability.I noticed that any interactions with officals tend to be much more easy and efficient.As a business visa holder you get to go through faster line at SVO2 and seperate line at airport control with luggage.
While I agree that you should not put a time limit on finding a RW some planning and listening to experienced travelers who have successful relations with a RW will get you to the end of the journey much faster and much cheaper.

Watcher

MarkInTx
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Flight Prices, posted by AndrewinOH on Jan 2, 2003

When I went in March two years ago, it was $400.

Did you check LOT airlines? Not my favorite airline, but they have cheap rates.

They only fly from Chicago and New York, so you might have to get there... but usually you can get to NY pretty cheap from OH

Alfred
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Flight Prices, posted by MarkInTx on Jan 2, 2003

Be careful with your connection times if you fly LOT: I found a wonderful price, but with a 45 minute connection in Warsaw.  My travel agent advised me that LOT is not good on making connections, even when they are on time.  I can't speak from personal experience, just from what I have been told.
MarkInTx
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Flight Prices, posted by Alfred on Jan 2, 2003

In fact, I missed my Warsaw to St Pb connection because they were late getting out of Chicago.

You DO need to prepare for that with them. But...to save $400...?

Alfred
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Very True, posted by MarkInTx on Jan 2, 2003

$400 is a lot.  I chose to keep shopping.  I ended up with a slightly more expensive (about $100) set of flights.  It it involved changing planes twice, but the connection were doable and it was on a major western airline.  (I'm not criticizing LOT, but I do like to arrive as planned.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: