Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 05, 2024, 04:02:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colombians  (Read 5120 times)
stefang
« on: February 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

There has been a lot of talk about Colombian women on this site the last couple of days.
I have corresponded mainly with Brazilian women so I would like to know especially from the married guys what are the top ten things that make a Colombian women special.

Also everybody says go to Cali but it seems these women like the warm climate more. Bogotan women might adjust to the cold better but they seem more professional right. I am a blue collar worker so Bogotans might want the white collar worker type more. Cali would be better for me it sounds like for finding a more accepting type except the cold weather thing.Sounds like catch 22 unless I move but that heat is hard to get used to, just like the guys who can't stand the cold. Am I reading into this to much? I think overall it is always harder for blue collar workers because of the attitude of most AW towards construction workers. Is it the same for Colombians? I don't have all of those typical stereotypes. I don't drink, smoke, or want to spend all my time with my friends at the local bar.

omar
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Colombians, posted by stefang on Feb 18, 2002

A climate with cold food and climate don't mix.
David W
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey, in my humble opinion, write all that intrest you, be honest, let your and their heart decide.  If you start by making assumptions as to whom will like what and you haven't even written yet, whoa.  All, I can say from a real generalizational point of view (if that is a word), they are looking more for the person and not your status.  Yes, it is a given they are looking for someone in the USA.  Notice most adds say either US, american or something, they don't say Austrailia (no offense their Ausies), but you already have the major requirement.  Now if you can handle the fact they are Latin American Women and that you are North American Male (which can get them to US) then go for it.  Now before all you others bash me.  I know they are not all looking for a ticket out of Colombia, but it did strike me somewhat when one person posted on this, and I had been researching it for a while, why do you not see many from Puerto Rico, Spain, Italy, Greece (I know they are Latino but they have a nice look to them also), but I think you get my point.  My point is though, what ever it takes to get two people that will unconditionaly love each other and be there for each other, support each other, etc., then let them, us or whomever come from where ever for what ever reason...as long as it is out of love.

David W

Pete E
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I have heard the women from Bogota tend to be a little more snobbish,Cali may be a better bet as to how your work is considered.I think american women probably have a higher regard for blue collar workers than Colombian women,in general within their own population.Blue collar workers in the US can make more money than some proffesionals,and that is known and accepted here.And some women go for the immage of a man who does physical work.Its just the opposite there,blue collar is at the bottom of the social order and earning power.
However,you are an American blue collar worker.Emphasis on American.Unless the lady is a real snob she will be more concearned about how you can provide for her than what your actual job is.I wouldn't worry about it,just go and you will probably be well recieved.Cali ladies at the agencies tend to be younger and speak less english(alot less) than women from Bogota.
Consider this.A plumber here makes more money that about 99% of all Colombians,not counting the already rich and drug dealers.

Pete

Slowandtru
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

The general difference between Cali and Bogota from the perspective of women is in attitude. The Cali woman dresses in tight everything, shows her navel and struts her stuff. There is a certain reputation among Colombians that Cali women are 'easy', teases and golddiggers. There is some justification in that assessment, but, like everywhere, a stereotype does not cover all of the bases.
Bogota is the 'big apple' in Colombia and the attitude of the women there leans more towards superiority. The clothing is less revealing, partly because of climate and partly because it is the 'big apple' and certain standards of dress are required because of the business/government atmosphere. My Novia is a university professora in Cali and she has outlined more differences, but I have not observed them personally so I won't post them here.

Cali has a reputation for the most beautiful women, but as a very educated Colombian friend once said; "It is not really that they are more beautiful, it is their attitude and dress that gives them that label." I have to agree. You will find that the more down-to-earth honest ones in either city are far more into the spirituality and heart of a man than they are the material things. It is a refreshing outlook. The ones that would give you second place because of your profession are the ones to stay away from anywhere. The good ones appreciate honesty, faithfulness, devotion and especially a feeling from you that they will be treated as an equal human being. Colombian males often treat their women as not much more than a posession. I have had sellers completely disregard what my Novia is trying to tell them about my lack of Spanish, ignoring her as if she did not even exist. They have looked to me as 'the male...and therefore the only HUMAN' to send them on their way. If you want to touch the Colombian females psyche, let her know you will accept nothing less than an equal partner...and mean it.

H2Oh
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Colombians, posted by Slowandtru on Feb 18, 2002

Well said!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: