Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 18, 2024, 02:57:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He did it.!  (Read 16512 times)
capt david
« on: August 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

My Friend went to Cebu to meet Era's cousin and liked her so much that he proposed. She said yes. He's comming home next week, but plans to return to the Phils. He might go when Era goes in November, or might even go sooner. I believe that he will bow to her wishes, and marry in the Phils, but would like to bring her home ASAP. I was given the impression, three years ago when I started the process, that it was quicker to go through the Fiancee Visa proceess. If you were starting today, which way would you go if time were of the essence? Does it speed things up to go to the Embassy in person with your paperwork? thanks capt david.
BTW, I invited him to join, and he probably will, but he's been involved in getting to the Phils.
Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to He did it.!, posted by capt david on Aug 10, 2005

Why is time of the essence? Is someone dying of a terminal illness? I would forget about bringing her here ASAP. He should discuss the options with his fiancée and they should choose the type of wedding best suited for them. Then use the visa petition that matches their wedding plans.

The K-3 spouse visa has speeded up immensely in the last month or two and is probably as fast as or faster than the K-1 in most cases. The CR-1 spouse visa processing is also comparatively fast, so that should be considered also. Your friend can check current processing times here:

http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm

However, since they have already met in person, the K-1 fiancée visa would definitely be the fastest way to get her here.

My educated opinion: If his fiancée really wants a wedding in the Phils, then I would strongly advise your friend to bow to her wishes and do it her way, but IF AND ONLY IF they are both definitely ready to commit to marriage.

IF they do decide to use the fiancee visa, then there is some important paperwork that he should bring back with him.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: