Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 21, 2024, 06:59:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: green card  (Read 1803 times)
Apk1
« on: September 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

My wife and son recieved thier green cards today, it was interesting to note that it arrived on our one year anniversary of her POE.
We had our AOS interview 2 weeks ago, and were told to expect the green card withen 6 months.
 We celebrated tonight with a rare romantic evening alone...both of us could not be happier.
 Good luck to those that are going through this "process", it appears that once your fiance is here...the paperwork goes a little faster than it used to. I remember looking at the time line for AOS almost a year ago, and it was an 18 month wait through San Francisco INS office...for us it was a rather quick 7 months start to finish.

My time line to date:

submit petition= 6/20/01
          approval= 8/05/01
   mosow Interview= 9/17/01
               POE= 9/27/01
               AOS= 2/20/02
     AOS interview= 9/12/02
        green card= 9/27/02

Good luck everyone!

Bill P
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to green card, posted by Apk1 on Sep 29, 2002

You didn't file AOS paperwork until ~5 months after she arrived?  I know that you must marry in 90 days but I wonder how long one could wait to file the AOS paperwork after mariage.  BTW, my wife got her greencard about a year after filing through the Indaianapolis office as of this summer.

-Bill

Apk1
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question about AOS, posted by Bill P on Sep 29, 2002

INS allows up to 6 months after marriage to file AOS.
We were married 2 months after she arrived, and finely filed AOS 3 months after that.
SteveM
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question about AOS, posted by Apk1 on Sep 29, 2002

There is still a benefit to filing quickly--you speed up the clock on getting adjusted and being eligible to apply for citizenship.  The advice about hand-carrying the marriage certificate is correct; that is the single thing with the greatest potential for causing delays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: