Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 18, 2024, 02:18:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AOS interview success!  (Read 2382 times)
Apk1
« on: September 12, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

My wife and son had thier AOS interview today in San Francisco. We showed up a half hour early as the invitation letter instructs and went to the waiting room...only to see about 40 people sitting around waiting. I stuck her invitation letter through a slot in the door, 5 minutes later they called thier names....20 minutes earlier than the appointed interview time!
The interviewer had us raise our right hands...swear to tell the truth, asked for identification and divorce decrees from previous marriage, and last years income tax statement....that was it!
 He asked me if I understand Russian,
I joked only a little ...enough to know when I am in trouble (smile)...he then asked my wife if she understands English well enough to understand my sense of humor...she laughed, she told him she never takes me serious anyway..  He could see that we were relaxed and not uptight, he then handed us the paper that says that my wife and stepson have been granted permanent resident with condition, and to file 90 days before this day in 2004 to remove all conditions along with her newley stamped passport. He then asked her to surrender her and her son's EAD card.
 I then joked...that is it? You do not want to see the dirty pictures we brought for you?(smile)....he says, allright...you can show me the "clean ones"....my wife spent the next 10 minutes showing him her photo albums of places we have been.
 He then fingerprinted the two of them, told us congratulations and we were gone 5 mintes before our scheduled interview was to start!

tfcrew
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to AOS interview success!, posted by Apk1 on Sep 12, 2002

I liked that "slipped the invitation through the slot" comment. LOL... novel!
Congrats..just about finished jumping hoops and hurdles.
Karl
Apk1
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "Joe sent us", posted by tfcrew on Sep 13, 2002

Jumping through more hoops...at least the I-751 is nothing more than a form for us to file to remove the resident conditions.....and $135...

But it looks like it is all down hill from here...untill my wife wants to start her citizenship classes(smile)...

tfcrew
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: "Joe sent us", posted by Apk1 on Sep 14, 2002

I could be wrong, but I think the 751 fee is $145. (and growing)...
We wouldn't want to get a kickback for an incorrect filing amount.
See below post..."Your $145 worth"  ..response to John F who recently submitted their (removal of condition) petition.
Karl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: