Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 03, 2024, 04:51:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for your compliments wsbill, Ryan  (Read 6251 times)
Anastassia
« on: April 24, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi everybody,
I was actually very surprised to see your nice replies instead of some flames about my ad, thanks a lot for your compliments about us as a couple.
It turned out that actually it was me who found my husband, i turned to an agent who had an internet access. i gave him my letter of introduction and he went to all these websites, made a search within the parameters that i gave him and sent my letter to all those who fit. And Lance, my husband, was one of them.

i should say that i am  perfectionist, so everything is important to me: both let's say external beauty and internal :-) i know that i am going to live all my life with this man, i am going to marry him and have children and it will be just the only one and forever, so i cannot accept just half of what i want, i mean if he is handsome but doesn't have higher education or if he is not that handsome but has PH D, no way, i want the whole package... Actually i have a right to have the whole package because I AM the whole package too... Don't want to boast, but this is a true fact. (i am not even talking here about material or visa interest, hope you have already understood that this is not the case here at all and cannot even be...)

Lance could afford just one single trip and when he
came he proposed on the third day and I accepted. Smiley But don't rush to think 'They are crazy!' That's what happened: we corresponded a lot, literary tons and tons of letters, this was actually the best way for both of us to learn about each other, physical things didn't interfere, and we could evaluate our personalities with our sober mind, sorta Smiley, any way he bought tickets only when he was already sure in his mind he would propose.
And me, i wouldn't have ever in my life let somebody from another part of the World come to me just to 'check', as 'friends', as 'first or whatever step' in our relationship, i wanted Him to visit me only when he is sure that 'I am the only one'. i was ready to write letters and explain and talk and open myself to the point when he would understand and come to the conclusion that Yes, that's it, here she is. Smiley So after about 5 months he came and we already new each other so much, we were already so close in our letters... so it was just natural to 'hop' and do it right then and there, in 3 days.
That's how it worked for us. Are we crazy? Maybe, but We are so happy, we are so sure of ourselves, we so believe and trust each other, we so cherish each other, we are just blessed and still keep talking in a joking way How all this happened.

Any way I would like to say that our marriage will last becuase the Basement for our relationship was and is FAITH IN GOD, COMMUNICATION NO MATTER WHAT, WILLINGNESS TO WORK IT OUT NO MATTER WHAT, NOT BEEING AFFRAID TO 'HURT' EACH OTHER AND SAY AND SHOW TO EACH OTHER WHAT WE WANT THE OTHER SHOULD DO OR WHERE HE/SHE WAS WRONG... And of
course Love, loyalty, friendship...Looks? Yes, this plays a great role too! :-)

And now we have a year old baby!!!....

Good luck to everyone and please BELIEVE IN MIRACLES because they do happen! :-)

Anastassia

Notarized and Certified Russian/English Translations
Moscow Diploma with Honors; Cambridge
http://www.translation.wasem.net  

wsbill
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks for your compliments wsbill, Ryan, posted by Anastassia on Apr 24, 2002

:-)
Anastassia
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: You wouldn't happen to have a twin s..., posted by wsbill on Apr 24, 2002

Nope, unfortunately not, i am the only child, and all of my friends cannot even imagine living abroad and far away from thier parents, you know everybody wants easy life...
wsbill
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: You wouldn't happen to have a tw..., posted by Anastassia on Apr 24, 2002

What it is like to walk into a large department store where you can actually touch objects... That aren't like locked away behind a counter.

Do they have any concept at all what a Wal-Mart is like or is it only in the movies, a fairy tale.

Anastassia
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Do they ever inquire what your life..., posted by wsbill on Apr 24, 2002

Well i will talk about Moscow because i don't really know what is going on in some little towns.
Please don't think it is a dinausor era there, not at all, everybody knows what a big super store is like here in US, there are lots of supermarkets a la American, especially if a woman knows English a bit (leave alone from Institutes of foreign languages or such) she has a notion of American culture, history, literature though she may not know what for example $10 rebate is or what 'deductuble' means or...that you have to lift your arm sometimes to stop a bus near the bus stop and to pull a string in the bus for the driver to know that you want to stop Smiley... And also i at least am very pleased that i can shop on the internet, pay and receive payment on the internet, that they can deliver things right to your door... This is SO great! :-)
i am sure lots of families in Moscow have VHS players, little portable audio players and maybe even musical scenters, but not all of them know (and even much less have) about DVD with movies that you can watch both from computer and DVD player and also digital cameras and camcorders...
But all this lack of knowledge couples with a deep knowledge of American, English and European music, history, literature...

Anastassia

John F
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Do they ever inquire what your life..., posted by wsbill on Apr 24, 2002

One thing I've learned is that unlike the popular belief held over from days gone by many people from other nations are not always laying awake nights dreaming about ways to enter the US.

I can tell that my wife often misses her heritage.  Sure, she goes to a local Russian deli and buys Russian foods and literature, and she calls her folks weekly and writes them daily by email, but she still can't hug her parents.  She isn't there to help them during their golden years.  She misses them a lot.

Besides, Wal-Mart may not be present there, but I know they have department stores where you can browse, touch, and compare.  I've been there.

Not challenging, merely trying to correct the common idea that anyone, anytime, anywhere would forfeit everything to move to America.

John

wsbill
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bill ......, posted by John F on Apr 24, 2002

Not that they wished upon a store like that.

Given time, Wal-Mart will be there... They're already in China, Europe and Mexico...

I've been to some department store in Kiev and I've been to a grocery store where there is like one huge isle for Chocolates!!!  Come to think of it it was on both sides of the isle at that.

Did see a small portion of america snacks, chips ahoy.  But not the mega shelf space I'm a custom to see.  (after all who has the money to buy junk food).

The store filled the bill for whatever they would need.
--------
But I was curious what they thought.  I'm sure they've seen their fill of it by watching American movies.

Interesting... never though about 'rebates', but even alot of americans don't know what those are either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: