Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 02, 2024, 10:28:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: are there large communities of filipinas....  (Read 7453 times)
deatchef
« on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

in particular cities in california? i seem to remember reading something here about that. I am planning a trip there to see my cousin and would like to visit these areas while I'm there. He (my cousin) is in the san francisco- Vallejo area of CA.
I seem to remember someone posting that there were filipinas in a "SAN" area. I hope it wasn't SAN diego, I'll be pretty far from there.
Thanks
Deatchef
joemc
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to are there large communities of filipinas..., posted by deatchef on Jan 5, 2003

Hi deatchef,
     In San Francisco, Daly city is the place to go.
     a big filipino communitiy.
                                 joemc
deatchef
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: are there large communities of filip..., posted by joemc on Jan 5, 2003

thanks... how about in the New York New Jersey area? Any idea? Probably somewhere in manhatten or brooklyn, but i was hoping to narrow it down...
Mita
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to are there large communities of filipinas..., posted by deatchef on Jan 5, 2003

Everywhere in California.  Bigger communities of Filipinos in big cities anywhere in the US in my opinion.  Just look for a hospital (nurses) or Filipino stores/restaurants and you're sure to find them.
deatchef
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: are there large communities of filip..., posted by Mita on Jan 5, 2003

Thanks Mita, I was hoping for you to respond...Really, alot are nurses... why?
Mita
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: are there large communities of f..., posted by deatchef on Jan 5, 2003

The US has hired a lot of Philippine nurses over the years.  They are highly regarded here in the US.  My sister is a nurse and has been here almost 10 years now (I think).  Her groupie of Filipina nurses are mostly single and very independent women.
Philippine nurses are also in demand in the UK, Singapore and the Middle East.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: