Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 14, 2024, 03:52:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Further info needed, and advice please  (Read 8056 times)
tomk
« on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Like I said before, I'm going to Batam Island for work, and any info is appreciated. Besides that fact, it occured to me I already have some preconceptions, and if they are going to get blown out of the water, better now than later! First of all, I feel American women have a very hard time appreciating what they really have, whereas women from outside the U.S. would perhaps be a little more appreciative of, not of my way of life, but just an appreciation for hard work? Maybe that's the best way to put it. Also, I feel American women are simply to materialistic and demanding, compared to women in the rest of the world. Am I way off base here? If so, please tell me. Also, if I am, open my eyes, what can I really expect? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Tom Kershaw

Jeff S.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Further info needed, and advice please, posted by tomk on Jan 29, 2001

One thing you'll probably find out about Asian women is that they're far more willing to act as a team player in relationships than their western counterparts. They're more interested in doing what it takes to keep harmony in the relationship than in how much you can give them. You may find it's harder to win their love and respect, but once given, appreciate it, and you'll not find a more loyal life mate. Just my limited experience (now married to a beautiful, loyal Asian wife!)
-- Jeff S.
tomk
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Further info needed, and advice plea..., posted by Jeff S. on Jan 29, 2001

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your words. I have to ask you though, why do you think it's more difficult to win their love? Just your thought, thanks.
Jeff S.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Further info needed, and advice ..., posted by tomk on Jan 29, 2001

Well, I believe Asian women shelter their emotions and feelings more than Westerners. Of course this is a generalization, but all Asian peoples tend to be cordial but reserved and quiet, protective of their emotions until they have time to analyze what is going on. This is especially true in Japan. You get far fewer signals than from AW who tend to express their emotions more openly. Just MHO.
-- Jeff S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: