Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 10, 2024, 01:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some popular Filipa  (Read 5903 times)
wsbill
« on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

vegetables ?

I grow all types of crops and I'm looking for the ones the asia women desire the most.  No, I don't grow the home wrecker cucumbers either.

But seriously.

Ask her does she like Mibuna, Komatsuna, Tatsoi, Yukina Savoy, Vitamin Green, Autumn Poem, Hon Tsai Tai, Pac Choi, Mei Qing Choi, Joi Choi.

What are some others.  In case you guys don't know, many of these can be grown in the winter in your backyard, in a simple cold frame which prevents moisture from getting the plant overly damp and retains some heat.  Heck, if your wife is a stay at home wife you could put her to work growing this stuff and selling it to the local markets or asian stores in your area.

shadow
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What are some popular Filipa, posted by wsbill on Nov 27, 2003

she's never heard of ANY of those!

You do realize, of course, that the Philippines is near the equator? That the temperature here seldom gets down to need a 'simple cold frame'?

She is, however, familiar with and fond of;

okra
petchay
udderstuf
jusdonmentionit
mmmmmoink

I guess that's all she can think of now, she can't stop laughing.

Tongue

Larry.

wsbill
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Well, Rony says,..., posted by shadow on Nov 27, 2003

Climates.  Of course, most of those items I listed are cold weather crops. Here in the Mid-South it is relatively cold out or dips down to freezing.

I love a good laugh too.

http://www.geocities.com/windshieldsbill/

Dave H
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I meant for the ladies stateside in ..., posted by wsbill on Nov 27, 2003

Hey wsbill,

A hydroponics lab...I hope your not smoking that green stuff. LOL You have a real nice setup.

Dave H.

wsbill
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tennessee Green, posted by Dave H on Nov 28, 2003

Next week some time I'll have 30'x96' greenhouse shipped in for an extra 600 tomato plants, which won't be crammed into my 30'x30' wood frame greenhouse.

The economy may sour, and companies will layoff but you always have to eat.  Where I live at Green Tomatos sell better than red ones... So I charge more for them, ha.

Where can you get green tomatos in the dead of winter?

Yal do like fried green tomatos, how about fried lettuce? lol.  I also have some Russian Red Kale, spinach, chinese cabbage but their not grown hydroponically like the tomatos & lettuce.

Put your house wife to work growing vegetable what ever you can't sell, you eat.

Ray
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What are some popular Filipa, posted by wsbill on Nov 27, 2003

Japanese Long eggplant (Talong)
Okra
Pak Choy
Snow Peas
Yellow squash
Bitter Melon (Ampalaya)
Green beans, looooong
Lemon grass
Sweet potatoes + leaves
Dave H
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What are some popular Filipa, posted by Ray on Nov 27, 2003

Hey Ray,

What is all of that? I thought the favorite Filipino vegetable was Chippy. LOL I think they will eat about any vegetable as long as it is fried...including lettuce. Shocked))) As for fruits, I wish I could grow Carabao Mangos.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fry It!, posted by Dave H on Nov 27, 2003

Hey Dave,

Thanks, I forgot Chippy was a vegetable. Maybe I’ll plant a bag in the back yard and see if I can grow some.

That reminds me: They’re having a sale on Ding Dong Supermix and Jack & Jill Cheese Curls at the local Filipino Supermarket.

Fried lettuce??? Hmmmm, sounds a little weird but I’ll try it.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: