Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 09, 2024, 11:25:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surigao  (Read 6152 times)
Wolverine
« on: April 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some input on the Surigao area. I am planning on marrying in Surigao in Aug 2003 and some of my family members would like to attend. However, due to the recent bombings in Davao and terrorist fears in Mindanao some family members are very much concerned about the level of safety in Surigao and the Manila\Cebu airports. So what would you advise your family---to attend or not attend? Thank you, Wolverine
The Mog returns
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Surigao , posted by Wolverine on Apr 2, 2003

Surigao City does have a small airport. I think it only has a few flights a day. I guess its up to you, personally I found Surigao City pretty safe, but I guess if it was me, keep a VERY low profile, hire a couple of good bodyguards in Manila (not sure what the cost would be ) and go for it.  Hello to everyone, Jicelle and I are doing great, we just finally applied for her AOS after she had already been her 4 months already
(oop), just missed the fee cuts by a week, the whole package with advance parole was $535 now!
Just got her interview letter yesterday and its scheduled for 2 weeks from now! pretty surprising..
Hope everyone is doing great here, Ill try to stop back more often! Mog
Jun Encarnado74
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Dude, if I were you I would postpone the wedding until the crisis is over or at least controlled. man, i am a filipino and used to live (in Butuan), i tell you that going to surigao is not fun. I bet it is either you have to go by a ferry from Manila to surigao or by a plane from Manila to Butuan and take a bus to surigao. our family friend in BUtuan got hurt by a splinter when a bomb exploded in the freakin' bus from Cagayan...now, cagayan is a lot better than surigao..but i am not saying that you have to go to cagayan, but what i meant is that the safety issues involve in travelling to places like surigao and davao.

it's up to you now, man.

Ray
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Surigao , posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Apr 3, 2003

I disagree!

You don't have to go through Butuan or Manila to get to Surigao. The easiest way is to fly into Cebu and either fly or take the ferry to Surigao City from there. Surigao and Butuan are relatively safe anyway with MUCH fewer recent terrorist killings than Manila, New York City, or Washington D.C.

If he postponed his wedding until the "crisis" was over or under control, then he would probably die of old age waiting. I am not a Filipino like you, but I have been traveling to or living in the Philippines for over 34 years and during that time there has always been one or more cowardly pansy-ass terrorist groups operating there, whether it was the HUKS, the NPA, the MILF, the Abu Sayef, or whatever. My ex's brother was blown up in a movie theatre bombing about 30 years ago in Manila, so if I had waited for the bombings to stop before getting married, I would probably still be playing with myself until I died of old age too.

Just tell the terrorists to kiss your hairy ass and then get on with life. Living the rest of your life in fear of being blown up in some terrorist plot is not my idea of living. Life is too short...

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Postpone the Wedding?, posted by Ray on Apr 3, 2003

Hey Ray,

I agree! I haven't been to Surigao City, but found Butuan City to be very safe, even for Kanos. There's a couple of a-hole foreigners I have met there that deserve a good asswhipping. Yet no one messes with them even when they are staggering drunk and obnoxious. I know of another guy who is waiting for it to become "safe" before he visits his penpal. He keeps postponing his trips. He will die before it ever becomes "safe" in his mind. In the US...I can't even begin to count all of the bombs (not threats) that we discovered during my fire department career. Most never received news coverage, unless they exploded.

Dave H.

Humabdos
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Piss on them stinking rag heads!  Hum
Jun Encarnado74
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

NT
Ray
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I know it's easy to give advice when it's not my family, but if it were me, I would say "SCREW THE FREEKING DAMN TERRORISTS"!

That's exactly what the stupid, psycho, cowardly, bastard, Muslim terrorists want: to scare everyone away. Personally, I'm sick and tired of their crap. Kill the stinking little bastards and feed them to the rats like the rotten dog crap that they are.

There, now that I got that out of the way (LOL!). The Surigao area has been relatively safe so far. From what I've seen, the airport security in Manila and Cebu is pretty damn good. Most of the Muslim whackos are busy running for their worthless lives through the jungles of Basilin and Jolo. I think you take a chance these days just going to the mall or the movie theatre. The terrorists could hit you almost anywhere when you think about it. Piss on them!

I'm hoping that all the stinking little loud mouth a-hole Muslim whackos flock to Iraq to fight the evil American infidels - so we can carpet bomb the little snots like we did in Afghanistan. Don't let the bastards get you down!

Enjoy your wedding! This day will only happen once, so make the best of it...

Whew! That sure felt good! :-)

Ray

Jeff S
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Freeking Two Cents, posted by Ray on Apr 3, 2003

Tell us what you really think.

- Jeff

Ray
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't hold back Ray., posted by Jeff S on Apr 3, 2003

I'd really love to Jeff, but Patrick's cuss-o-meter won't let me... PIMMFP!

Ray

Esiang
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

That's right Ray.....he..he....
Dave H
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Ray,

I have to totally agree with you! Lets get them all in one place and turn them into vapor! I am thinking about opening a martyr and suicide bombing school, so they can practice killing their worthless selves and each other, thus sparing the innocents of the world. Allah wants them as fast as we can send them to him! I like the Ilaga group's attitude...MILF and ASG...tastes like pork!

Dave H.

outwest77
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I am starting to like you more and more Ray, I agree, line em up and carpet bomb em, you want to die for iraq, we will make it easy on you, same with all your other fanatical
Osama following, Al Jazeera watching, uneducated Morons.
outwest77
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My Freeking Two Cents, posted by outwest77 on Apr 3, 2003

test
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: