Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 07, 2024, 09:48:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 weeks and counting  (Read 13097 times)
kidwonder
« on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by kidwonder]

Two weeks to my Barranquilla trip.  I am relatively new to the board.  I have mostly read the posts and find all the information provide very helpful.  I actually started in 1993 with a trip to Kiev and then in 1999 I went to Cali.  Both times I focused on one girl and didn't meet many others.  In between I have been engaged to two American women but over time I just didn't have the right feeling about those relationships.  So here I am now still searching for the right person for me.  I said I wouldn't settle for someone that wasn't perfect for me but didn't think it would take 12 years and counting to find them.  I intend to try my best to follow all the great advice and meet several different ladies and see where it goes.
papi
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 2 weeks and counting, posted by kidwonder on Jun 14, 2005

Aside from the climate - I like BAQ, been there several times. are you using any agencies?
kidwonder
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by papi on Jun 14, 2005

I am going with Barranquilla Best.
papi
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by kidwonder on Jun 14, 2005

Susana is the best...lots of new hotties at the agency. any problems with no shows? how many gringos are there? what age ladies are yu meeting?
kidwonder
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by papi on Jun 14, 2005

I am not sure how many gringos will be there.  I am going the week right after they are having their monthly tour.  I would think that there might be at least a couple of guys hang around past their seven days on the tour.  I have heard good things about Susana and hope things will be fine. I will let you know upon my return about no shows and how things worked out.
papi
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by kidwonder on Jun 15, 2005

Susana is terrific. Buy her lunch or something and get on her good side. No shows probably run at a higher percentage in BAQ so I will be interested in your reports. There is not much to do in BAQ. I mostly went to the gym, mall/movies, and piso 26 for cocktails at night. keep us posted
OkieMan
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 2 weeks and counting, posted by kidwonder on Jun 14, 2005

Where in Missouri do you live?  Just curious.  I live in the Tulsa, Ok area. I wish you all the best on your search.
Are you using an agency in BAQ?  What drew you to BAQ, as opposed to some other city in Colombia? Do you speak spanish?  Well, enjoy yourself.

OkieMan

kidwonder
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by OkieMan on Jun 14, 2005

Thanks.  I live in the St. Louis area.  I wanted to try something different from Cali and I like the ocean and thought I would give it a try.  I am using Barranquilla Best and I can speak some Spanish.  I have been studying to refresh my memory.  I have to ask them to speak slowly to understand and sometimes use the dictionary.  The last time I went I had trouble at first but by the end of my ten day trip I was speaking and understanding fairly well.  I hope it comes back to me quickly.
papi
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by kidwonder on Jun 14, 2005

if yu like the ocean, the beach is not all that good in BAQ. You might try San Andres (but bring your own chica). CTG is better than BAQ but not much in terms of the beach
kidwonder
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by papi on Jun 14, 2005

Thanks for the information.  I don't know much about Barranquilla other than what I have read on the board.  I hope any ladies I meet will let me know the best places to go.
papi
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by kidwonder on Jun 15, 2005

BAQ is probably the ugliest major city in Colombia and in stark contrast to the beauty of Medellin and other places.  That being said, for some reason I really like it. The beaches are crappy. Again, however, you are only a little over an hour away from better beaches in Cartagena and an hour or so flight to San Andres Island, which has nicer waters. In BAQ, I recommend the top floor of the Barranquilla Plaza Hotel or Piso 26 (26th floor). It has nice views of the city, food, drinks and dancing. There are several affordable gyms. You have the Buena Vista mall for shopping and movies. The El Prado hotel a block or so from the BB office is worth a visit and a cocktail poolside
kidwonder
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 weeks and counting, posted by papi on Jun 15, 2005

Thanks Papi for all the insights on Barranquilla.  I will try and keep them in mind on my trip there.
papi
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks for the info, posted by kidwonder on Jun 15, 2005

what dates will you be there???
kidwonder
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Thanks for the info, posted by papi on Jun 15, 2005

I will be there from June 29th-July 8th
papi
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Thanks for the info, posted by kidwonder on Jun 15, 2005

i would like to get back to BAQ but have plans to be in Panama during that time. keep me posted
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: