Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 15, 2024, 06:39:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished a Trip to Cebu with questions  (Read 75206 times)
Jeff S
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Could be..., posted by Dave H on Feb 7, 2003

That's why you've been posting so often.

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Aha!, posted by Jeff S on Feb 7, 2003

Hi Jeff,

I have some time on my hands waiting for her to come online to chat. She is connecting at an unbelievable 56K from her home landline with a laptop. It sure beats the Internet cafes in the Philippines. Took Bear's advice and bought a PC camera. Best money I ever spent!

Dave H.

Esiang
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Filakanas..., posted by Dave H on Feb 6, 2003

Good ...nice to hear about it...
Bravo to your wife.....just being honest.....
Jeff S
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Finished a Trip to Cebu with questio..., posted by Frank2002 on Feb 5, 2003

He's 59 and she's under 20.

Peter:
I have to toss one more vote for taking your time. As one poster already said, if it's real love it'll survive. I'd add that it'll grow even stronger over time. I spent 13 weeks with my sweetie in four trips over 2 1/2 years before we got married. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative. We have one poster here who is nearly 48 years older than his wife and they seem very much in love and have been married over two years now. I say it's great they found each other. The consequences of failure are pretty rough though, as several regualrs here can attest.

- Jeff S.

Peter Lee
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Check his profile, Frank..., posted by Jeff S on Feb 6, 2003

I was a paratrooper i want to jump.   It is worth the risk for me.  If Texas ins is frozen as they say it will take many months more anyway to process a fincee visa.   I have been with women for months and not experienced the feeling i have for this one.   Fools ruch in you know! but thanks for the feedback it is very important to me.
Esiang
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Check his profile, Frank..., posted by Peter Lee on Feb 6, 2003

Wise men say Only Fools rush in....

But I can't help falling in love with .......

la..la..la...

donb2222
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Finished a Trip to Cebu with questio..., posted by Frank2002 on Feb 5, 2003

e
Lonny
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Finished a Trip to Cebu with questions, posted by Peter Lee on Feb 5, 2003

Good post, everything you said was a reminder of trips I have made to the PI. The spectrum there runs from one extreme to the other. Experiencing all of these (or as much as you can) will give you a better look at the big picture and help you make lasting choices in a life mate.
  It is an exciting adventure and learning experience every trip, so slow down smell the sampaguita.
  We are close to the same age and I will say from I have seen that the younger the girl, the risks go up. But it would be the same risk no matter your age. Even if you both were 20 just means a higher risk.
  My wife has had several girls that are young and have been here in the US less than 1 year, ask her to help them find another guy here. What is also interesting about this is that they all have said their husbands are already looking for another mate in the PI. Life is kind of hard to figure out sometimes, you know.
mudd
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Finished a Trip to Cebu with questions, posted by Peter Lee on Feb 5, 2003

dude, you are in such a hurry that you couldnt see a red flag, if someone was waveing it, right in front of your face. im suprised you didnt ask her to marry you already, or did you???. you need to slow down and get a grip. how long have you known her for, a few days?Huh come on, how could you possibly know this girl.
i liked the story though.
greg
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

The way you completed your trip with back up plans to meeting other Filipinas was Excellent. Personally I feel that you both need more time getting to know each other before you make the decision to bring her over. Keep in mind that some Pinay will Agree, Say or Do anything to get to America(she could've been pressured from family, friends to Grabb the "Chance"). A Chance that doesn't come around often for certain Filipinas.
Ray
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

First, for a fiancée visa, you do not need parental permission, you do not need her birth certificate, and you do not have to have a 6-month relationship. However, I think the consulate may have some questions about your relationship based on the fact that she is 1/3 your age and you didn’t spend a lot of time getting to know each other. They may question your motives, but there is no legal basis to deny a fiancée visa.

It really sounds like you are rushing this whole thing. Personally, I think she is too young and there is no way that you two can know enough about each other after 2 weeks. Being in love is a wonderful thing, but it’s not a reason to get married right away. What does this girl really know about you? I’m sure that you know exactly what you are doing, but does she?

My advice is to slow down and give both of you a chance to really THINK about what you are doing. Like I advised you last time, I think your odds would be MUCH better with a lady at least in her 30’s.

Ray

shadow
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

learn much more about the culture!

The scenes you described were normal amongst the girls with higher values in PI. If they had done the things you wanted of them, like going to your room, etc. they would probably not have been the kind of girl you were looking for to begin with. Their culture is radically different from ours. Learn about it or you will regret it later, I promise.

As for the not being able to apply without 6 months proof of relationship, I don't know where you got that, but it is incorrect. As long as you have proof of meeting (Pictures together) you will not be automatically rejected.

My next advice would be to slow down a bit. If it truly is "love" it will stand the test of a little time.

Just my opinion.

Larry.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: