Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 20, 2024, 11:38:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: k1 visa  (Read 30423 times)
geeciejay
« on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

What documents do I need to bring to the US embassy when applying for the
K 1? I  am free to marry and I have visited my girlfriend twice this year and
have saved receipts and have documented that I have met her. We have
know each other for over a year. I am going to her country Dec 26 again for
two weeks for a visit and to start this K 1 process.
Zorrowins
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to k1 visa, posted by geeciejay on Dec 25, 2005

This is an excellent website to assist you. Hey leaving Dec. 26th & asking for help Dec. 25th? As Bones said to Captain Kirk-I'm only a doctor Jim, not a miracle maker!
Buena Suerte!
Zorro
Ray
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Ray]

You don’t apply for a K-1 fiancée visa at the embassy. You have to mail in the application to your designated CIS Service Center.

Start by downloading Forms I-129F and G-325A (2) from the CIS Web site and carefully read over the instructions.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

While you are down there, you should have her complete and sign a Form G-325A and get her passport photos taken. Also have her complete and sign a statement of intent to marry. If she has ever been married, you will need certified documentation of legal termination of any marriages. You will need those to submit with your K-1 petition. Also make sure you have plenty of photos of you two together.

I would also recommend that you get certified copies of her birth certificate with English translation.

If you have any questions after that, feel free to ask the forum.

Ray

geeciejay
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: k1 visa, posted by Ray on Dec 25, 2005

Ray , when you say certified documentation, I had married once,
now divorce (AW) and just have the court papers my lawyer sent
from the courts. Is this certified?  She has never been married
before. I live in California what is the quickest center I can send it
to? I have plenty of video of us but only a few printed. Is this a
problem for INS? This is my 3rd trip in a year, is this not enough
proof we have met. Can I do the translation, since I can read, write
and speak spanish? Thanks Merry X- mas

also SD Chargers blew it this season.

Michael B
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: k1 visa, posted by geeciejay on Dec 25, 2005

Can I do the translation, since I can read, write and speak spanish?

You can if you're tough enough. See the instructions that Ray mentions, some where in there they tell you how to certify that the translation is accurately done by a competent translator. There are no restrictions that the translator be licensed or have a degree or anything like that.....I did my own, but there's a lot more to it than it takes to order a beer or read a menu. Don't try it unless you REALLY know what you are doing.....otherwise, your best bet is to have a friend who teaches it in college. Second best bet is to have a cop friend....if he isn't competent, darn sure he knows a 911 call taker or court translator who is.

Spanky
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: k1 visa, posted by Michael B on Dec 25, 2005

wow! i was paying $50 a page for translation.
Ray
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: k1 visa, posted by geeciejay on Dec 25, 2005

For your divorce documentation, you will need a certified copy of the COMPLETE judgement with a raised seal from the Clerk of the Court where you divorced. I got a copy at the Family Court Building on 6th St in San Diego. You will also need a certified copy of your birth certificate from the county or state where you were born, with raised seal. You will only submit photocopies of your personal documents, but they must be copies of the certified originals and they may ask to see the originals later at her visa interview.

You will need to submit a few photos of the two of you together with your petition and also later when she goes in for her visa interview. If you only have video, then take a cheap camera with you on your upcoming trip and have someone shoot a roll of you two together while you are down there. For the K-1 petition, 2 or 3 photos are fine but she will need more later for her interview. You should also have copies of phone bills, letters & cards in original envelopes with postmarks or some e-mail prints, etc., as evidence of a valid relationship.

The CIS has a standard for translations of foreign documents. Maybe some of the other guys here can give you the details, but you can’t do your own translations in most cases. A photocopy of her birth certificate with translation is not absolutely required for your K-1 petition, but I recommend you submit one anyway.

Don’t worry about submitting your petition until after you return from your trip and you have all of the documents and photos together. You have no choice of where to submit your petition. If you live in California, you must send it to Laguna Niguel. Again, your first step in this process should be to download the forms I gave you and study the instructions. When you are ready to submit your petition, let me know and I’ll give you a complete checklist of what to send in. One step at a time.

Yes, the Chargers blew some games they shouldn’t have, but they can’t blame anyone else but themselves. I think their season was at least very entertaining though. Beating New England and the Colts was super and trashing that stupid little weenie Eli Manning with the Giants was priceless. Just for fun, I would like to see them slap the shit out of Denver next week :-)

Ray

geeciejay
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: k1 visa, posted by Ray on Dec 25, 2005

Ray, thank you very much for the help. As for the Chargers. they
could let "Lights Out" take it out on "Jake the Snake", next year.
Heat
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

You just never know................
FanMan
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Merry Christmas and do not forget the PR..., posted by Heat on Dec 25, 2005

Hey Is The Prenup necessary? How much would the fianacial hit be if a person were to marry in a state like Nevada which does not have community property laws? Does any federal law for marrying a foreign citizen, supercede Nevada's laws?
Joeylikey
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Merry Christmas and do not forget the PR..., posted by Heat on Dec 25, 2005

Merry Christmas everybody. I'll be spending New Year's eve in Cali. Everybody be safe.
mudd
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

you got that right!!!!!!
utopiacowboy
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Merry Christmas and do not forget th..., posted by mudd on Dec 25, 2005

Y estamos muy felices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: