Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 18, 2024, 02:52:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosie has not got her Fiance Visa because....  (Read 8354 times)
red
« on: November 24, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Libya has not released her police clearance yet. I was told this the other day when i called the embassy in Manila.

Rosie was a nurse there for 3 years. She has a police clearance from Libya herself. They give it to all Filipia nurses before they can leave the country at the end of their work contract. But the lady at the Embassy said that they need it from Libya directly. I don't know why Rosie's police clearance is not good enough. It is an official document in Arabic. The Libyan embassy in Manila said they would even translate it into English for her, if need be.

Need advice and help from this board. All responses are apprciated as always. I think maybe it's time to contact my congressman and/or an immigration lawyer. This is now very frustrating for me and Rosie. She is afraid Libya will be very slow to give documents. She was there in early 90's and she is also afraid they might not give up the documents at all, coz it has been so long since she was there in Libya.

Anyway, i don't know why Manila will not accept the police clearance they gave Rosie at the time she left Libya at the end of her nursing contract. It's just been one thing after another with these people.

Thanks for letting me vent guys. Good luck to everyone.

Best Regards
                                Red

The Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Rosie has not got her Fiance Visa becaus..., posted by red on Nov 24, 2002

You did not mention, but is she a Moslem? Since Moslem women usually don't marry outside the faith I had no idea whether or not you were Moslem, yourself.

If she is Moslem and has been in Libya, good luck getting a clearance. Even if you do get Libya to cooperate (they have been pretty cooperative for things like this, even with the US, but their bureaucracy is worse than the Philippines), if your girl happens to be a Moslem you are fighting an uphill battle.

Does Libya know this is going to America, or are they going to send it to the Philippines? Makes a diference. If straight to America they may jerk you around some just for giggles. But getting your congressman involved may not be a bad thing. He/she may not be able to help a lot right away (depending on party, seniority and committee) but he/she probably can't hurt things much either, so you have nothing to lose. But make sure he has ALL the facts, because if he goes and raises a little cain on your behalf and finds out he didn't know everything, and gets embarassed, your request will go straight to file 13. Congressmen and women are no different than local city council members. More crooked if anything, so they have the same frailties and personality quirks as your local council. But if they really think you are being screwed and you are being absolutely open with them, most of them work hard on your behalf. Just hope yours isn't a feminist!

Don

red
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Rosie has not got her Fiance Visa be..., posted by The Walker on Nov 25, 2002

and contact my Congressman. I hope he can help. Thanks to everyone. Good luck to all.

Best Regards
                    Red

outwest77
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Rosie has not got her Fiance Visa be..., posted by The Walker on Nov 25, 2002

Moslem=The Religion

Muslim=The people who are in the religion.

I had to ask my friend, who is a muslim from  egypt about the difference. Shocked)

I just hope this new ins system with the new  Homeland Security division does not screw up the k1 visas.

The Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Rosie has not got her Fiance Vis..., posted by outwest77 on Nov 25, 2002

We had an Imam get on TV after 9/11 and said it was BOTH Moslem. He said Muslim was cloth. I always thought the cloth was musliN. But he insisted, along with several of his brother Imams that Moslem was indeed the correct English term for their faith and its practitioners. He said they preferred Islamic (faith and nation) and Moslem. So I went with that. Sort of how everyone spells Kadaafy different (Quadafy, Quadaffy, Qadafy, you name it). I guess Islam can't agree on anything either.

Homeland Security is going to be severely screwed as they try and get everything going. It will be like trying to form the Pentagon and Defense Department actually during the Second World War. Just because GW signed it does not mean that there will be a magic wand waved and SHAZAM, it appears. There is going to be a lot of politics and infighting between agencies and bureaucrats trying to save their phoney baloney tenured jobs. I am SO happy the usual union BS has been tossed out the window for this agency. But this will be a work in progress over several years. During that time anything can happen, depending who controls the White House and Congress. You can depend on there being snafus, foul ups and outright obstructionism by the minority party when they can. Every special interest group that even thinks it has a stake in this will be spending mega-bucks to have things go their way. The feminist groups will doubtlessly use this as an opportunity to turn off the foreign brides tap and call it national security. The unions will try to get back in, the democrats will try to insert anything they can and the republicans will try to help their friends. Politics as usual. They are going to have to create an internal spy organization and add it to HS as well. Big work ahead.

Don

outwest77
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Rosie has not got her Fiance..., posted by The Walker on Nov 26, 2002

99.9% of the coverage i have seen on tv, newspapers, magazines, etc etc etc refers to Muslim terrorists, not Moslem, The only time i ever hear moslem is when people are confused, then again I'm confused as to this issue.
Humabdos
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Rosie has not got her Fi..., posted by outwest77 on Nov 26, 2002

n/t
Dave H
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Rosie has not got her Fiance Visa becaus..., posted by red on Nov 24, 2002

Hi Red,

Sorry to hear about the delay. I wonder how cooperative Libya will be, since they are dealing with the US government? I would definately contact your congressman!

Good Luck!

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Forget about the lawyers, but yes, you should probably contact your representatives and see if they can help with the embassy. But I wouldn’t expect any miracles.

It sounds like her problem is possibly Libya. Libya, along with Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria have been singled out for special scrutiny by INS. Male citizens of those countries who came here recently are required to undergo special registration, fingerprinting, and interviews with INS. My guess would be that there is also some policy requirement to carefully screen anyone who has lived or traveled in those countries, along with other countries that have been associated with terrorism.

I know it doesn't seem fair, but the primary job of those issuing visas is now keeping potential terrorists out. Timely processing of fiancée and spouse visas is just not their priority right now. Since the 9/11 incident, visa security checks have been tightened and I’m sure will continue to cause even more delays in processing. We may not like it, but it has become a fact of life. Who to blame? Our buddy Osama and other Muslim fanatics. What really worries me is that most people in this country seem to have forgotten that we are at war.

I wish you luck man!

Ray

Ray
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Just my guess..., posted by Ray on Nov 24, 2002

I see that the INS has expanded it’s sheit list. In addition to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria, citizens of Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Eritrea, Lebanon, Morocco, N. Korea, Oman, Qatar, Somalia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen will be subject to special registration.

I find it interesting that Saudia Arabia hasn’t made the list yet, even though 15 of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis. And where the h*ll is Pakistan? Politics!

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: