Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 22, 2024, 04:05:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about physical for visa  (Read 1182 times)
Rafe
« on: January 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I am not to this point yet, but was wondering because my friend had a kidney transplant a couple months ago.  

When she goes for a physical, I would think that this will be noted on it.

My insurance will cover any future medical and medicine which is required because of this.

Do you people think that this would keep her from qualifying for a visa to come to the U.S.?

Thanks

Ray
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to question about physical for visa, posted by Rafe on Jan 29, 2002

Rafe,

I'm not a doctor or a lawyer, but this is my understanding of what could cause you to "fail" the medical exam. First, they are primarily looking for any infectious diseases that would be a public health risk (active TB, AIDS, etc.). Also, they may not approve you if you have a debilitating disease or disorder that would make you unable to work.

When she goes to the medical exam, she should bring copies of her medical records and an official letter from her doctor explaining her condition and her medical status. If her condition is stable and she has a good recommendation from her doctor, then she may be approved with no problem. I guess you won’t really know for sure until she takes the medical.

I would try to find out all you can in advance if you are serious about this friend. Try to speak with her doctors and ask a knowledgeable consular officer at the embassy if this type of medical problem in general is a big problem. Or get copies of her medical records and consult with an INS doctor stateside if possible. If you do petition her, make sure that you are both fully aware of all the medical implications and are both ready for a possible rejection of the visa.

You can read more on this topic by clicking on ‘Immigration’ at the left of your screen, then on ‘Marriage Visa Pages’ and do a site search for “medical”. It also has a link to the text of the technical guidelines for the medical exam.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: