Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 18, 2024, 07:34:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Raquel  (Read 3833 times)
kevin
« on: December 23, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey, speaking of Arnold the Pig.  Coming from the Philippines, are you familiar with the practice of vulcanizing pigs?  Before selling them.

- Kevin

Peaches
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to For Raquel, posted by kevin on Dec 23, 2002

n/a
Febtember
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to For Raquel, posted by kevin on Dec 23, 2002

Nope,what's vulcanizing means?I got some ideas ,before we sell our pig in P.I we let the pig eat more pounds of food first before putting the pig in weighing scale.
You know what? A bestfriend of my husband give arnold to us as fun. One day while were gone he just leave a message that he put a gift from our shades.His the one who give me the rabbit also(my cute bunny's)We thought his leaving us goat or dogs but in our great surprise its a fatbelly pig.My husband really wanted to get rid of Arnold the pig but I keep telling him not because his really a nice pig even though his really ugly. I  feel pity with him,nobody wants him  here because he's ugly.He weighs I think 200 lbs.or more.He can't hardly walk.Our Goat and him were a best buddy.Goaty love to play with him and try jumping on his  back.Arnold voices sometimes irritating when goaty try's jumping on his back.Both of them very cute with our 7 bunny's arround and 3 roaster's and 3 hens.
We be very happy if somebody came over here and steal arnold but not the goaty please!
Michael B
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Raquel, posted by Febtember on Dec 23, 2002

Food is expensive. Give them a little food with lots of SALT in it. This makes them really thirsty. Then let them drink all they want...water weighs more than food and it's free too. (BTW, this is where the US expression "watered stock" comes from)
greg
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

You can give Arnold the Porker to me. I don't eat Pork. Welcome to PL, I hope You stay. Shocked) Mr Peabody
JephW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

fixing flat tires.  I guess inflating a pig is similar to re-inflating a tire so that's where it comes from.  I went to vulcanizing shops more than once in Pampanga.  They're everywhere you need them!
kevin
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Well, I only learned about vulcanizing pigs from this board.  I've never witnessed it myself.  It involves sticking an air hose up the pig's butt to inflate the pig like a balloon.  After the pig is inflated, it appears much fatter.  So the seller charges a higher price, thus ripping off the buyer.  I can't forget the pig-in-a-jeepney story, about a vulcanized pig.  After the buyer loaded the pig on the jeepney, the pig would fart everytime the jeepney went over a bump.  After a while, the pig would look alot smaller (its normal size).  Ray, from the board, can tell you  more about this.  I laugh everytime I think of this story.

- Kevin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: