Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 04, 2024, 07:44:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adj. of Status Interview - Question  (Read 2679 times)
tbirdjoy
« on: June 29, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

My wife received her for first notice for our interview back in April but we had to reschedule due to her visiting home at that time.  We finally received her new appointment only this time they marked the box requiring a medical examn and sent a bunch of med forms and a list of doctors.  This wasn't a requirement on her first notice back in April.  You guys that have gone through this recently is this something new that's started over the past couple of months?  They are gonna check for STD's HIV and TB among other things.  What a pain in the ass and I just know this won't be covered by my HMO insurance.

Mark

tbirdjoy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Adj. of Status Interview - Question, posted by tbirdjoy on Jun 29, 2004

Well called my "pre paid" legal law firm (I've actually have a very extensive per paid plan that covers almost everything with no out of pocket expense and it's a very large law firm that I use)One of their attorneys called me back.  He was very conversant in immigration law.  He advised that the first medical exam (the K-1 exam) is good for a year and then after that the BCIS can require another one.  He also said that since I did cancel our first interview (due to Angelica being out of the country on an Advance Parole document) and informed them of such then that's probably also why they're requiring another physical.  His advice was to remember who I'm dealing with and that these people are not that bright.  They're following a cookie cuter receipt and is it really worth it to fight with them about it?  He said they wouldn't even know about the regulation concerning this issue or how to interpret it. He also told me that they will probably make her do her fingerprints again since it's now been more than 6 months since she had this done.  So he said don't expect the stamp in her passport at the conclusion of the interview.

So I've made an appointment with one of the listed physicians on their list.  There was actually one about 5 minutes from the college where I work.  It'll cost me $100 and then I'll be ready for the interview.  I look at this as just another one of the costs in marrying a foreign woman and in having to deal with the BCIS.

Thanks again everyone.

Mark  

RickM
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks everyone for your advice, posted by tbirdjoy on Jun 30, 2004

nt
Jack
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Adj. of Status Interview - Question, posted by tbirdjoy on Jun 29, 2004

I'm in agreement as well Mark, I think someone made a mistake. Imagine that!
KenC
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Mark,
We rescheduled my wife's adjustment on status interview twice and never was required to have any medical exams.  I would check it out before doing so.
KenC
cherokee
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

sounds like they made a mistake to me, i'd call the center who scheduled her interview and ask them about it. Its very common for them to make mistakes;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: