Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 23, 2024, 06:50:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 3rd degree at the airport  (Read 72798 times)
valuedcustomer
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another Conspiracy Theory?, posted by Ray on Dec 20, 2005

For starters, the American mass media is controlled by a handful of mega corporations, including the biggest Time Warner, followed by Viacom, Disney, NBC Universal and Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation which owns Fox Television Network.  A few names: Norman Pearlstine, Gerald Levin, Sumner Redstone, Robert Murdoch, Samuel Newhouse.  The three major newspapers: Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal.  I will leave it to you as an exercise to look up the interlocking controlling directors and major shareholders of these handful of corporations.  The owners of the mass media are so few it really doesn't take that much to control... if an editor doesn't want something in the newspaper it doesn't get in... and reporters know what is permissible subject matter without being told and they want to keep their jobs.  Keep in mind that corporations are dictatorships and not democracies.  In the past, there were hundreds of independent newspapers .. but no more.

Below is an interesting website to begin research.  This website documents how public relation firms are employed by governments and business to create "false news" and how the government puts journalists on its payroll.  It also documents how memos are circulated in Fox News specifically instructing their staff which propaganda points they must emphasize during the day.

http://www.prwatch.org/

Why did they murder an innocent man?  To teach us to obey or die.  As the editor of the Boston Herald gloated  "The shooting of a passenger on an American Airlines flight bound for Orlando is a reminder to passengers harping on frustrating lines at security checkpoints, that aviation security is a deadly serious business."  Didn't you read the link I gave you?

Is there censorship in the media?  Show me one link to a webpage of Fox news which has a picture of an Iraqi child injured by a US bomb in a hospital.  This is subject matter known to be censored by Fox news.  Prove me wrong.

And why is it so far fetched to believe a man was deliberately murdered in a society where people are so deliriously happy that an innocent man was killed.  They have the bloodlust of frightened kittens who feel that they are being protected by a shoot first and ask questions later policy.  I haven't heard any sympathy from you for an innocent man.  Sick.

Cali James
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Another Conspiracy Theory?, posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2005

There may not be a conspiracy as such in the media but there's a predictability to how the news is reported. This is an interesting read from a few years back.

http://www.sobran.com/hive/hive.shtml

Ray
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Another Conspiracy Theory?, posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2005

I'm sorry, but to imply that the American press censors any criticism of law enforcement is just plain silly. I don't know where you've been, but ask some law enforcement people if they agree with your "uncritical" press theory.

And to proclaim that those air marshals deliberately murdered an innocent man to teach us all a lesson is just crazy, unless you have some REAL evidence to back up your claim. I think conspiracy theorists are mostly a bunch of nut cases myself.

Ray

doombug
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

"Below is an interesting website to begin research. This website documents how public relation firms are employed by governments and business to create 'false news' and how the government puts journalists on its payroll."

And PR Watch is on the payroll of who?  

I've got a bad habit.  I ALWAYS read the "About Us" portion of a website, do some "background" on their "background," and try and uncover who's truly holding the purse strings.  In the case of PR Watch, they weren't shy in hiding it:

--Bydale Foundation
A few of their other top grantees:  Earth Action Network; Greenpeace

--Careth Foundation
Other top grantees:  South African Reparations Movement; National Emergency Committee for a New U.S. ("Funding was provided for the Committee's first campaign entitled, the National Campaign to End U.S. Military Aid to Israel."); International Media Project ("The International Media Project received a grant for its Globalization Desk, which focuses on covering issues around global insecurity, ecological degradation, human rights, militarization, and other issues relevant to U.S. policies.")

--Carolyn Foundation
Sample grantees:  Organic Consumers Association; Friends of the Earth; Land Stewardship Project; Environmental Defense

--CS Fund
Sample grantees:  American Civil Liberties Union; Center for International Environmental Law; Earthjustice; Indigenous Peoples Council on Biocolonialism

--Deer Creek Foundation
Sample grantees:  Union of Concerned Scientists ("A radical green wolf in sheep’s clothing."); Environmental Media Services ("EMS is the communications arm of leftist public relations firm Fenton Communications.  [EMS]...spoon-feeds the news media sensationalized stories, based on questionable science, and featuring activist 'experts.'")

--DJB Foundation
Sample grantees:  Tides Foundation & Tides Center ("The Tides Foundation is quickly becoming the 800-pound gorilla of radical activist funding."); Environmental Research Foundation ("Our main goal is to strengthen democracy by helping people find the information they need to fight for environmental justice in their own communities."  Inspiration:  Rachel Carson.  Search Carson/DDT ban/spread of malaria)

--Foundation for Deep Ecology ("Economic globalization needs to be reversed if we are to achieve ecological sustainability."
Sample grantees:  Indigenous People's Council on Biocolonialism; Friends of the Earth; Sierra Club Foundation; Rethinking Tourism Project

--Richard & Rhoda Goldman Fund
Sample grantees:  Feminist Majority Foundation; American Civil Liberties Union Foundation, Inc.; Abortion Access Project, Inc.; Environmental Defense; Earthjustice

--Grodzins Fund
Sample grantees:  Center for Science in the Public Interest; Center for Media & Democracy

There's more, but I'll cut if off right there.  I've come full circle anyways.  Note the very last entry--Center for Media & Democracy (aka, prwatch.org).  An activist watchdog site--www.activistcash.com--has this to say about this beacon of unbiased "investigative reporting":

"The Center for Media & Democracy (CMD) is a counterculture public relations effort disguised as an independent media organization. CMD isn’t really a center it would be more accurate to call it a partnership, since it is essentially a two-person operation.

"Sheldon Rampton and John Stauber operate, as do most self-anointed progressive watchdogs, from the presumption that any communication issued from a corporate headquarters must be viewed with a jaundiced eye. In their own quarterly PR Watch newsletter, they recently referred to corporate PR as a propaganda industry, misleading citizens and manipulating minds in the service of special interests. Ironically, Rampton and Stauber have elected to dip into the deep pockets of multi-million-dollar foundations with special interest agendas of their own."

PR Watch...objective???

To Michael Moore, sure.

Joeylikey
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Liberals.
gcman
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

you are  sick and not very bright
Joeylikey
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2005

Get off this issue. I guess you were there at both places and witnessed everything. Interesting. Go back to reading your liberal newspapers because it seems you believe everything you read.
Brazilophile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2005

Well, Well, Well!!!!  Another reasonable person!  Let´s see how long it takes Heat and Ray to jump all over you!
Heat
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by Brazilophile on Dec 20, 2005

N_T
Heat
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by Brazilophile on Dec 20, 2005

So as not to disappoint you here I am.  But tell us why you came to America.  And why you did not know the Air Marshall was a Latino.  Maybe you can not read stuff like that in the Haitian news.
Joeylikey
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

If that's reasonable our country is in dire trouble. Thank god the majority of people don't think like the ignorant people that you are.
Ray
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by wayne3 on Dec 19, 2005

“While they were interrogating my US Citizen wife for hours, several thousand illegals came over the fence.”

There is no fence (yet). Unless they happened to sneak across in San Diego, but not the section by the sea where the Democrats won’t let them finish the fence, they probably just strolled over the border like most do. I wonder why the Republicans are pushing to finish the fence here but the Democrats are fighting it? Potential voters, I guess…

Did they give your wife any hint why they were holding her for so long? Probably suspected her of drug smuggling… or maybe nail-clipper smuggling? :-)

Ray

Calipro
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Correction, posted by Ray on Dec 20, 2005

Ray

Not building that fence just makes good economic sense. Two Republicans just set up a guest worker amnesty program for the illegals.

No sense in sending the economic refuges mixed messages and besides that fence won't keep them out anyway. Worst case scenario is they get hurt climbing over the fence and we'll have to take them to the hospital. LOL !!

Sorry Ray. I wish I shared your enthusiasm for this topic but there are already 10 million or so illegals living here. To bad you weren't in public office thirty years ago when something could have been done.

The last thing we need is a big fence a thousand miles long. If we build a fence, it will only keep the 10 million or so illegals that we have now from going to visit their families over the holidays, knowing that they will have to climb over it when they come back. hehehe!!

Ray
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Correction, posted by Calipro on Dec 20, 2005

LOL! We could always install those one-way turnstiles every quarter-mile along the fence. That way they can easily get out but can't come back in...
CelticUrge
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Correction, posted by Ray on Dec 20, 2005

Like the scene from "Blazing Saddles"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: