Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 08, 2024, 11:11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magazine Articles  (Read 2910 times)
kevin
« on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I thought some of you readers might want to read a couple of magazine articles regarding the state of affairs in America regarding marriage and family.

The first magazine I'm referring to is the "Philadelphia Trumpet".  This magazine serves as a treatise of the Bible and biblical principles.  In one issue (sometime in the Fall 2000, I forgot the month), there is an article called "Lost Boys".  The article highlights the state of affairs in American society, and it's impact on young boys growing up.  The boys' fathers aren't allowed to be role models as prescribed by the Bible.  The boys grow up in broken homes confused and disillusioned, and without a sense of purpose in this world.  This article references to what I'm going to mention in the next paragraph.

A late August 2000 issue of "Time" magazine.  There is an article (title ?) "Who Needs Mr. Right?".  It brings out the message that marriage is neither good or necessary, but perhaps really could be.  I could elaborate, but I think some may have read the article, or can locate the article and read it.

In sum, the way I see the world anyway, real adult life is not the same that I envisioned as a child.  True, there are alot of single adults, 30 & 40 somethings, both male and female, due to a complex web of reasons.  One of the reasons being lack of regarding the sanctity of marriage, and the importance of fidelity within marriage.

- Kevin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: