Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 31, 2024, 08:44:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some advice & direction, please  (Read 27443 times)
humabdos
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Get a puppy or some gold fish!  n/t, posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

I would pool the advice given here it's all good, however I think 10 or 20 pen pals would be plenty!  I met my wife on my 5th trip to the philippines. I went to the Philippines for scuba diving and to visit my friend who owns a resort there, a wife was the last thing I was looking for...

I had seen so many filipinas cheat on there fiancee while waiting on there paper work. You see them in the discos living the good life at the expense of "GI JOE" who sends way to much money to her, of course for her sick mother and 10 brothers and sisters. The little one's will need shoes on there feet. The roof of the family nipa hut needs repair as it dripps on lolo who is sick with TB. Papa  needs a new fishing net coz the old one is full of holes and he can't catch food to sell and feed the family. The banca is old and needs to be replaced so papa can go farther to the sea to catch fish which are few and far between. Worst of all they need a new TV!

Get the picture?

On the other side there are the filipinas as good as gold who would never cheat, lie, and certianly not just marry you for a green card. Most filipinas fit into this category but for some reson they are the hardest to find!

Read up get a Lonely Planet Travel book on Phil. Then go over and check it out.

Becareful nave fun good luck   Humabdos

P.S I'm divorced now for six months...

may10
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: But really, posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

Are you sick?  Did you sleep well?   *S*
may10
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hum?.....are you ok?......*S*, posted by may10 on Jun 9, 2001

You are the #1  CRITIC (and I am using a gentle word....hehehehe) of Filipinas and then this?....wow!!!

Halleluyah!!!

humabdos
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Doesn't  sound like you at all.......  *..., posted by may10 on Jun 9, 2001

I am the most misunderstod poster on PL thats for sure! I wish I could blame that on someone but the fact is it's my own doing! he he he (maybe its my spelling)?

Humabdos Loves the Philippines and of course filipinas too!
I haven't given up hope nor will I. Life goes on... The sun will come up and go down tomorrow just as it did the day before.

"spill wine dig that girl"

Sings Humabdos!

In fact no I didn't sleep well MAY lol

may10
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Doesn't  sound like you at all........., posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

Well.....I am off to bed and MY day has ended.  *S*

Looking forward to another day tomorrow....but before that....this wonderful sleep i can feel coming now.  *S*
From the Philippines.....lol....goodnight (ahem...goodmorning) everyone.

Stephen
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wonder why?.......*S*, posted by may10 on Jun 9, 2001

....we're going to read a post from Hum about how he is engaged to a Filipina.

He's fighting it hard, but it will happen.

Stephen

humabdos
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to One of these days......., posted by Stephen on Jun 9, 2001

I think you just might be right about that Stephen!
I am hoping it happends in the next two years, I am in no hurry. If things work out right I'll be returning to the Philippines Jan 15 2002 mostly for diving but of course I'll meet a few pen pals!  Humabdos
Stephen
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: One of these days......., posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

Tess and I are planning on going in January or early February also.  We're going to go to Boracay Island and Camiguin island.  Then to Cagayan de Oro and Butual City.

Where are you going to be?

Stephen

Jimbo
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: One of these days......., posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

That's keeping priorities straight - diving first, ladies second! LOL!  That's what I did until I got married.  But even on this last trip I got 15 dives in on Camiguin because my sweet wife is so understanding Shocked)  So when choosing a lady, look for that red flag; does she complain about you diving too much??!?

In a few years when you have your nipa hut, I'll have one too, on Camiguin.  I'll visit you and we can count the lizards on the ceiling, then you can visit me and we'll count again.  We'll keep score and make a 7 game series out of it.  The loser has to tip the boat man and carry the tanks!

Jim

humabdos
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: One of these days.... alright huma!, posted by Jimbo on Jun 9, 2001

Hey Jimbo! Camiguin is right up there on my top 10 list! What a way to spend the rest of my life! Counting lizards in the nipa hut and diving ! did you know that having alot of gecko's in your hut is good luck?  I just called my trusty filipino friend BongBong he going to set us up with a gecko farm! we will be rich and can make at least three dives a day!

BTW did you dive off the little white beach somewhere between Magting and Catuhogan or Hubangon?  I think there's a resort planned there. Humabdos

Jimbo
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: One of these days.... alright hu..., posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

..followed by a night dive!

Huma, I dove out of Jasmine Resort in Bug-ong, near Agoho (run by a Filipina, Melinda, and Andy, a Swiss guy).  We went everywhere: Mantigue Island (near Hubangon), Mantigue fish sanctuary, Jigdup Reef (near Mantigue), White Island (very strong current), Old Volcano, Tangub Hot Spring, Sunken Cemetery, and the abandoned Belgian Resort.  It was great!

I heard about that new resort but I drove past it, not into it.  I'm getting used to the black volcanic sand beaches (we stayed at Tia's) so the white sand beach is not such a big deal to me.

Jim

Jimbo
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ok, 2 dives each day..., posted by Jimbo on Jun 9, 2001

My boat man was named LongLong.  Wonder where he got that name.  He did seem particularly interested in my Sally.  Each day we went diving he would ask if she was going out on the boat; he would show her how to snorkle while I was diving.  He was a good boat man though Shocked)

Jim

Dave H2O
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to BongBong?, posted by Jimbo on Jun 9, 2001

Hey Jim,

Are you sure his name wasn't LongDong? If so, I don't want to know where he got that name! ;o)) Watch out for the instructors that offer to teach the women "skin diving." Especially if they wear purple G-strings. Hey, don't you and Humabdos go diving and leave me on the dock. I'll wear a skin suit. ;o)

Dave H.

humabdos
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: BongBong?, posted by Dave H2O on Jun 9, 2001

All I need now is that one special filipina! Of course she will need to know something about gecko farming.  Humabdos
Dave H2O
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: BongBong?, posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

Hum,

When you find her, I think you should let Stephen marry you. ;o) My divorce only cost me $700 (total for ex & me) with a Quit Claim Deed) and my lawyer offered to remarry me for free, if I ever found the right woman. I may take him up on that. ;o)) He worked alone with his dog and also handled speeding tickets. You could learn to like a guy like a like that. LOL He even encouraged couples to seek counciling. If they were determined to divorce, he tried to convince them to settle property and other key issues on their own, in an amicable way, to save them from spending HUGE legal fees. It worked for my ex, because she saw her sister and brother-in-law pissing away thousands of dollars. She dumped her attorney (her friend's man hating sister) and we both used the same attorney. Neither one of us felt like we got screwed. At least everything stayed in the family for our kids to enjoy.

Good Luck!

Dave H.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: