Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 02, 2024, 12:42:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A serious topic  (Read 10328 times)
Michael B
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to A serious topic, posted by KenC on May 16, 2005

Regarding her immigration situation, she should file a self petetion for AOS (Adjustment of Status) or Removal of Contitions (if her AOS has already been done).  I don't have time to drill down through their website to give you the exact links, but you can find the forms if you follow through the menus at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm (the USCIS web site). The forms aren't that complicated for me (a college educated native English speaker) but for her they would be impossible, see if you can get the woman's shelter she's working with to spring for an attorney who has experience handling immigration cases....also, Catholic Charities does a lot of pro bono immigration work (and she doesn't have to be Catholic)--give them a shout.

My thoughts are welcome? OK, here's a thought. IF the allegations are true, then there's a SPECIAL place in hell waiting for the guy...how's that for a thought?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: