Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 06, 2024, 05:33:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone want to warn me off of seperated gals  (Read 4365 times)
jon
« on: March 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

"Yes its true and you need a big amount of money for the annulment and it will take 3 to 4 yrs. to settle. I used to work atlaw firm here in Manila ..."

Keep looking?

Jon

jon
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Someone want to warn me off of seperated..., posted by jon on Mar 7, 2005

Ray from archives:

Jon,

I have found that a lot of the ladies over there will say that they are legally separated or divorced, but most of the time they have no legal papers. It’s just kind of an expression that is thrown around loosely.

A legal separation may give them some rights under Philippine law, regarding child custody or support for example, but it does not give them the right to remarry.

If they do have a legal annulment, then you should be able to verify that with a copy of the certified court decree and her annotated marriage certificate ordered directly from the NSO (National Statistics Office). You can also order a CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage directly from NSO to verify for yourself that she has not been married in the past.

If a Filipino marries a foreigner and the foreign spouse files for divorce in his country, then the Philippine government will recognize the divorce and she can legally remarry.

For anyone contemplating marriage over there or filing a visa petition for a lady who was previously married, I would strongly advise you to obtain certified copies of all legal documents before you do anything. It could save you a lot of time and future heartache.

Ray

jon
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Um, Ray already answered me once on this..., posted by jon on Mar 7, 2005

she is still living with her husband who has started another family with someone else and she has 2 kids.

Jon

Ray
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Red flag?, posted by jon on Mar 10, 2005

Jon,

That scenario isn’t really that uncommon in the Phils from what I’ve seen. There is no divorce, so the guy simply takes up part time residence with another woman and essentially leads two lives with two families. Some of the ladies put up with this simply because they don’t have many other options open to them. An annulment will probably cost around $1,500 to $2,000 and could take up to 2 years or more.

If she is not free to legally marry and you aren’t already madly in love with her, then why would you even consider getting into such a mess?

Ray

jon
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Red flag?, posted by Ray on Mar 11, 2005

You have a point, but could miss on a nice lady.  She had contacted me.

Jon

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: