Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 11, 2024, 11:38:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Station  (Read 2294 times)
stefang
« on: February 23, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Today on my way home from work I was listening to a talk station in Detroit 97.1. A caller has a story of an Irish man who has been living in America for almost 30 years but he is a legal immigrant with a green card, he never applied for citizenship.

Okay now to the story, apparantly while working in an office with two women co-workers something happened where he played a joke on them and gave them wedgies. I know it sounds like Dave but I don't think it is since this happened in Michigan I believe( I didn't catch the whole story). The women decide to press charges for sexual harassment, and under the new patriot act the government has decided to deport him because he is not a US citizen. With the new laws that were passed aparantly if you get into any legal trouble and you are not a citizen the government can deport you even in this guys case he has been here for many years and married to an American woman.

I just wanted to let everybody know that your wife could get deported if she was ever in some legal trouble. In my case my fiancee wants to keep her Brazilian citizenship and just stay as a legal alien. I agree because if we decided to move to Brazil in the future it would be an easier process with her keeping the Brazilian citizenship.

I don't know why the Irishman did this but the radio hosts thought is was funny to get deported for a wedgie. They felt sorry for the guy but this story is hilarious.

William
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Radio Station, posted by stefang on Feb 23, 2004

seems like over simplified story.
If someone commites a crime, they could be deported of course.
If the crime is serious enough, even a naturalized citizen can be shown the door, so to speak.

It all depends on the crime and the mood of the government that day.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: