Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 03, 2024, 04:39:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody heard anything from Peter Lee?  (Read 4949 times)
lswote
« on: May 18, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Maricel should be in the states now.  Has anyone heard anything from him?  He hasn't posted anything in a couple weeks.
Peter Lee
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anybody heard anything from Peter Lee?, posted by lswote on May 18, 2004

Hi boys and girls,
Been busy lately, still on da honey moon hehehehe.

Met Maricel in da Airport May 6th and everyday has not been the same since.
We met with other Philippine couples and Maricel is adapting to her new world very nicely.  Each morning is like waking up in heaven, Maricel makes me carrot juice and my favorite breakfast of fruits.   She has adapted to my crazy life style but can’t understand why we have to hit each other in the Karate classes.   Maricel says the fighting scares her a little but she will get used to it.   Bulletin::  Maricel has found that a woman’s place is in da Mall.   I am reminded of how she misses the PI from time to time and her family.    The first few nights I found when she couldn’t sleep she was cleaning something.  

Hi, I am Maricel and I am happy I finally made it and want to thank everyone including Ray who always gave us good direction.  
I read some of the posts and some are funny
I have not got to chat to Raquel  and thank her for calling me in Manila before my medical in St Luke clinic.  I consider her a true friend of mine
I don’t like to ride in the sports car coz I get sunburn in my face.
I like Peter now more than before he is nicer than I thought.
His Mama is nice and his sister is cool I like Tina so much.

So guys is this the end of the story where we live happy every after?
We are so happy we have to pretend to fight to keep things interesting.
I sent off to Homeland Security in Orlando
I sent off I-485 application to reg per resident

I want to go to Patrick Air Base  to get her the dependant ID so she is covered by Tricare hospitalization on Friday

I will keep u posted on our development, so far so good.
Peter & Maricel Lee

Howard
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Anybody heard anything from Peter Le..., posted by Peter Lee on May 19, 2004

Welcome to America Maricel!

Glad to see the two of you are having so much fun Smiley

Keep the Faith

H

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Anybody heard anything from Peter Le..., posted by Peter Lee on May 19, 2004

Glad to hear you're getting used to things. I'm curious - what about life in Florida is pretty much as you expected and what things are completely different than you expected?

- Jeff

lswote
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Wow Peter, you are in your sixties and your mother is still alive?  I am only 50 and my parents have been dead for many years.  You must have some good genes.

Maricel's English is quite good.

Are you able to cover your dependents immediately on retired military?  I am a disabled veteran and I wasn't able to add my wife to my VA medical until we had been married a year (but I didn't add her even after a year because VA medical is not very good).

Ray
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Maricel, welcome to America! So, Peter is really nicer than you thought? Wow, that’s great! Be sure to remind him to get you one of those Platinum Visa cards for shopping… LOL!

Peter, congratulations to both of you for surviving the visa process.

I don’t know if you will be able to get her a dependent’s I.D. card unless she has an SSN. I think a K-3 normally needs an EAD before SS will give her an SSN, but they may make an exception if she needs the SSN for her military ID card and medical bennies.

When you get her signed up for DEERS, be sure to check out signing up for Tricare Prime. It will only cost the two of you (and any future kids) $460/yr or $115/quarter. With the Prime, we pay nothing, zip, zero for all medical and prescriptions. If they let you use the military medical system for your primary care provider in your area, then it’s virtually free.

Now that you have updated us, you may continue with the honeymoon (LOL)

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: