Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 04, 2024, 09:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: questions that need answers  (Read 9664 times)
Lori
« on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

ok...this is for the K-1 visa

1) Should I send in original documents or just copies, but have the originals on hand with Thai for his interview?? Do these copies have to be noterized?  I am talking birth certificate divorce decree etc..

2)can I photo copy pictures on to one piece of copy paper, or should they be original photos?( like 4 photos copied to one piece of paper)

3) Should I send in the affidavit of support along with the original application?? I have read that there is no need to do this, but just to make things complete, you probably should.I really don't think I want them to know how poor I am right away...hehe
u

Lori
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to questions that need answers, posted by Lori on Jul 23, 2001

Well it looks like I am all ready to send in the visa. I just need to wait for Thai to send me a letter of intent to marry. That will prbably take a few weeks.
m Honesly, I don't know what I would have done without all your support and help.
m Thanks BIG time!!!
Ray
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Lori! Glad to see that you survived. Just curious, did you bring the Pepto Bismol chewable tablets along like I suggested?

As for the I-129 questions, Dave H pretty much covered it all. Except, nothing has to be notarized until you do the affidavit of support later on. Just submit ordinary legible photocopies of the certified documents. Send the certified originals to Thai before he goes in for the interview in case they ask for them.

Like Dave said, you’ll need to include a signed and dated statement that the “copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered originals…”. I didn’t see any requirement to have that notarized.

You asked about photos. Did you mean the ADIT photos required with the application? If so, follow the instructions with the I-129F.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/fianceapp.htm

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

Good luck,

Ray

Dave H2O
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: questions that need answers, posted by Ray on Jul 23, 2001

Hi Ray,

You are absolutely correct. You know me, I notarized everything. ;o)

Dave H.

Lori
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

ok, so I can't just photo-copy my birth certificate and divorce decree? It has to be a certified copy, right??
um
u   Also, is it ok to just write the applications or should they absolutly be typed??
Dave H2O
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: questions that need answers, posted by Lori on Jul 23, 2001

Hi Lori,

You can send a copy of your certified birth certificate and divorce decree with your petition. Make sure you include a signed and notarized form FC-029. I went ahead and ordered extra certified copies to send with my petition and to my fiancee. I would rather be safe than sorry, especially in regards to sending certified copies to my fiancee. If the embassy asks for them and your fiance doesn't have them, you will be futher delayed, while you mail them to him.

The petition may be typed or printed in block (capital) letters, with a ball-point pen. Make sure all of the copies are legible.

You both need a statement that you intend to marry within 90 days of his arrival to the US. We had ours notarized, although I have heard of others who did not.

Dave H.

Lori
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: questions that need answers, posted by Lori on Jul 23, 2001

also, do I need a statement that he intends to marry me in 90 days of his arrival to the U.S....?
Bob S.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

"1) Should I send in original documents or just copies,"

Never send original documents.  That is just tempting Murphy to enforce his Law on you.  Send only certified or notarized copies.

"2)can I photo copy pictures on to one piece of copy paper, or should they be original photos?"

Best that they should be original photos or original duplicates.  Color laser copies can be mistaken for something coming out of a computer, and pictures coming out of a computer could have been altered.  Real photos lend an air of authenticity.

"3) Should I send in the affidavit of support along with the original application?"

Sorry, I don't know.  The rules keep changing on that it seems.

Don't forget to check out the "How do I..." section at the INS web site for some "from the horse's mouth" answers to some of your questions.  It gives a list of all the documents you will need and the procedural process.

Good luck.
(-8

Dave H2O
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: questions that need answers, posted by Bob S. on Jul 23, 2001

Lori,

I agree with Bob. Here are a few additional suggestions.

1. Send a signed and notarized form FC-029 with your K-1 petition. It is titled "Important Document Information." This form tells you that you can now "submit legible photocopies of original documents required." It also tells you that you may be required to submit original documents at a later date. I obtained several certified copies of my birth certificate and divorce decree. I sent one of each and copies to my fiancee, just in case they were requested.

2. I agree with Bob! Get additional reprints. Why risk getting a request for addition evidence, by saving a few bucks with photocopies?

3. No. The affidavit for support now goes to the fiance(ee) to take to the embassy.

Lory how are you feeling? Did you see the doctor? On the bright side, it looks like the INS is moving faster.

Good Luck!

Dave H.

tomtneal
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I agree!, posted by Dave H2O on Jul 23, 2001

yep,just like they said
tneal
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: