Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 05, 2024, 04:04:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Czech Air?  (Read 3102 times)
johnnydudeman
« on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

I am flying to Kiev soon and I can either go through Paris on Air France business class or by Czech Air business class (and stopover in Prague for a few days on my way).  Anyone have any experience flying with Czech Air?  I mean...are they like the Czech version of Aeroflot, or what?
104gummiand
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Czech Air?, posted by johnnydudeman on Jan 14, 2004

Hi

The big company in Czech Rep is called CSA. I don't know whats its the abbrevation stands for.
I would not worry over airlines in Eastern Europe, at least not the major companies and thoose who fly international.

I have tries Aeroflot several times and they use Boing or Airbus at International fligths. You can be sure that CSA does the same.

I have also tries domestic flights in Russia, with a Tupolev and Yak. They are safe, but perhaps less comfort.

mudd
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Johnydudeman, when are you going on your trip and where are you going in Ukraine on your trip? good luck with air france, my friend flew them a few times, hated them, but he is not big on the french so it might have something to do with it.
AJ277
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Ive flown czech air many times- prague and kiev

I prefer luthunsa or united or delta or austrian air

they normally route through vienna or franfort to kiev

czech air is "ok" -
your basic no frills -
like flying southwest.
it gets you there, no real hassles ,but no overwheming service either lol

A step up from the aeroflot tales i have heard, but you won't be overly impressed or anything.

your service level may be a bit better if you fly first class , as i have always had a regular seat,economy.

one positive is that pragues airport is very clean ,very well laid out, well marked ,and easy to navigate.

i wouldnt give them 5 stars ,thats for sure, but i would use them again if thier fares where significantly lower than the others.. or the schedule i wanted dictated it.

wsbill
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Czech Air?, posted by AJ277 on Jan 14, 2004

We get at the fringe edge of the runway and the throw it in military and wait a second-for the engines to catch up, still holding the brakes they release and we go zippin down the runway.  At about the 300-400' mark they ease back the stick a little to catch air, mind you we're not in the typical climb like most airlines.. just holding about 50' off the ground...(kinda like the how Marines would take off in Phantoms of days gone by).

Anyway, we're like scooting along and finally they rotate and we punch through the clouds.  Now that's flying.

I don't know my 737's very well but they were the older engines, long and noisy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: