Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 16, 2024, 06:56:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost of an engagement ring in Ukraine...  (Read 6616 times)
SAM
« on: April 29, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

does anyone have any idea how much an engagement ring would cost to buy in Ukraine?  an idea would be very appreciated...
Bobby Orr
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cost of an engagement  ring in Ukraine....., posted by SAM on Apr 29, 2004

You can get a nice ring for less than $100.  You get more value for the money there than here.  It is the thought that counts anyway.  It is a long process until you bring the girl back here.  Things can change.  For my present fiance I spent $50 on her ring, gold with two small diamonds in Russia - believe me - she was absolutely thrilled to get it and never takes it off her finger.  If she is a good girl the cost of the ring will not matter - just getting a ring is all that will matter to her.  When she gets here and you see things will definitely work out over time, then I suggest upgrading her ring.
SAM
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Less than $100, posted by Bobby Orr on Apr 30, 2004

i asked if i could bye the ring in ukraine because i heard you could get taxed on over $200 worth of a present...i don't want to throw money away to those crooks at the airport...thanks again...
gator70
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cost of an engagement  ring in Ukraine....., posted by SAM on Apr 29, 2004

Use ebay
Gman
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I spent in the neighborhood of $600 in Kyiv. elsewhere could be
cheaper.  We got a 14k gold ring with 7 small diamonds in a
cluster.
They don't really have diamond engagement ring tradition.  So
slim pickings.

FWIW
Gman

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: