Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 11:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One more...  (Read 9625 times)
juio99
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sure!, posted by shadow on Jan 13, 2003

Yes, I forgot to mention that in my post.  It is a very real possibility and higher in Philippines than in most other countries.
juio99
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to One more..., posted by NateD on Jan 13, 2003

Everything comes in degrees, and we never know how different parties are interpreting terms such as 'devoted.'  They best way to interpret is to try to compare cross culturally.

In my world travels to many countries, I can state that Filipinas will be at the top of the list in terms of devotion to family, and here I am talking about her family before you arrived on the scene.

I have known some Filipina's to turn down a fairy tale life for themselves (not with me) because it meant they would have to be cut off from their family.

The other thing to consider is that once you marry into their family the thinking is that those who are able to 'put money on the table' and those who are in need 'take money off the table.'  And guess who is always going to be the giver and who will always be the takers!  But don't get me wrong, I love these ladies.  Just know what you are getting yourself into.

JR

Humabdos
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to One more..., posted by NateD on Jan 13, 2003

which one you marry. Hum
Mita
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It depends on..., posted by Humabdos on Jan 13, 2003

As it is in every part of the world, not everyone you will meet will be totally above board with you, and will differ in many respects.  
Generally, yes we are devoted to the family - women most especially. In some families, the men eventually become closer to their wives' families rather than their own.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: