It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: The wealthy in Venezuela  (Read 2200 times)

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The wealthy in Venezuela
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:14:29 AM »
My wife and I went on a cruise for part of our honeymoon. By far, most of the passengers were Spanish speaking South or Central Americans. One thing that stood out was that the Venezuelans on this cruise were the most slovenly and obnoxious people.

I seemed that because they had disposable income they were really something special in their country. At least, according to them. However the way they dressed and behaved was an embarrassment to others. I didn't really care about that but they were obnoxious which I definitely don't like.

What I wondered was:
Was it just bad luck that there happened to be a number of them from the same country?
Or
Are relatively wealthy Venezuelans so cut off from the world they find themselves out of their depth when on the international stage?

Offline Stevieboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: The wealthy in Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »
I find them that way here in the States too. On the border of Texas, the rich Mexicans we call "fresas". They walk and talk like their [snip] doesnt stink and they definitely are arrogant and bad tippers. That's why I get mad at stupid Americans that assume only we're arrogant and prejudice.   

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »

The Mexians were lovely. We had dinner with a wealthy couple from Mexico and it was really interesting to learn about their country. They were good looking, well presented and comfortable in their skins. I suprised myself by being able to keep up with the conversation - which just proves that Mexcians speak slowly.

The Venezuelans were not good representatives of their country to be honest.At the time it seemed to be a pattern. However I guess it was just a number of arrogant people from the same country. Let me give an example.

There were a couple of formal dinner nights. These Venezuelans would turn up in slightly less than smart casual dress while everyone else was wearing suits or tuxedos and formal evening dresses. Now that is OK with me. However then they would proceed to talk in loud voices about what a big shot they were in Venezuela while generally having the decorum suitable for a school canteen.  ::)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
I guess what I was trying to say was that snooty people come from around the world, not just the USA. I myself have wealthy mexican family that I prefer not to be around. While in Panama I met several Venezuelans and sokem were cool while osme were not. I believe venezuelans are also under a lot of pressure of what others think of them because of their situation an dictator. I told one Venezuelan that had never been to the USA that Obama was similar in governing beliefs as Chavez, and they were quick to defend Obama. It's amazing how world media can brainwash people thousands of miles away.       

Offline htown

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
Stevieboy I think you're completely missing what vman was saying.  He didn't say the venezuelans were "snooty", he said they were tacky and obnoxious.  For some reason you took that as a chance to talk bad about rich mexicans.  Judging by the way you write I highly doubt that you've spent much time around wealthy mexicans.  For the most part they are very well dressed, very well-mannered, cultured, polite, educated people.

Now mexican-americans on the other hand are probably some of the lowest class, bad mannered, confused, self-hating, annoying group of people you're going to find anywhere.  I bet you're a big george lopez fan.
Dance with the one who brung ya!  :)

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:47:29 AM »
Stevieboy I think you're completely missing what vman was saying.  He didn't say the venezuelans were "snooty", he said they were tacky and obnoxious.  For some reason you took that as a chance to talk bad about rich mexicans.  Judging by the way you write I highly doubt that you've spent much time around wealthy mexicans.  For the most part they are very well dressed, very well-mannered, cultured, polite, educated people.

Now mexican-americans on the other hand are probably some of the lowest class, bad mannered, confused, self-hating, annoying group of people you're going to find anywhere.  I bet you're a big george lopez fan.

I had previously left a very different reply to your stupid comment, but decided to come back and edit it so not to risk it too flamey. I've had to deal with you before. This topic is probably done anyway, but do me and the forum a favor and don't talk to me or inlcude me in any of your conversations ay?     
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:07:23 AM by Stevieboy »

Offline htown

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »

I had previously left a very different reply to your stupid comment, but decided to come back and edit it so not to risk it too flamey. I've had to deal with you before. This topic is probably done anyway, but do me and the forum a favor and don't talk to me or inlcude me in any of your conversations ay?   

It's hard not to answer all the offensive stuff you post.  First, I remember you saying that people from mexico envy you and resent you because you were born in the usa.  No sir, they don't envy you.  You're not that important.

Then you posted how you don't like mexican women and that you'd never consider dating or marrying one.  Do you really think colombian women are that much different?

Then you ask if colombians dislike mexicans.  Why in the world would you ask something like that?  Is there something wrong with mexican people that they are so difficult to like?

Now you're expressing how much you dislike wealthy mexicans and how they're so "arrogant".  I wonder if there are any mexicans you do like or approve of.

I actually take exception to your ignorant point of view of people from mexico because I know your type.  Many mexican-americans, like yourself, feel some sort of DELUSIONAL sense of superiority over mexcans from mexico.  I find it highly offensive and embarrassing.
Dance with the one who brung ya!  :)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864