It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Joint Or Separate Checking Accounts After Marriage?  (Read 12075 times)

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Joint Or Separate Checking Accounts After Marriage?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
I'm not trying to be offensive, no, I'm not high and yes, I know what debit cards are and that McDonald's will accept them. So will many drink and candy machines these days, in case you didn't know. Put on your reading glasses, I never said that you were taking advantage of her. What I said was that her friends will think that you don't let her have any money if every time they see her she doesn't have any. So OK, then, may we assume that you'll let her carry the debit card without your supervision to pay for her own burger and drink when she goes to McDonald's with "the girls"? 

Like I said, you didn't express yourself clearly, If you had, Ray and Chris wouldn't have asked for clarification also.

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »

Do you guys just suggest handing over the family finances, in these times, blindly?

AB, nobody here has suggested anything even remotely close to that. What are you smoking man? LOL!

Give her an allowance??? Like my 11 year old???
That does not even make any sense. That is completely illogical.

So you trust your 11-year-old with a cash allowance, but not your wife?? Now THAT is illogical!

Where do you live man? Do you realize that even McDonald's accepts debit cards? Everyone in the world does man.

Where do you live man, on the planet Mars? I know of plenty of places in this world where I can’t use my debit card. I haven’t figured out how to use it in the Coke machine. If I ride the bus, they don’t take debit cards. The taco stand down the street doesn’t take debit cards. I can’t use a debit card in the little beer bar down the street. The ice cream cart in the park doesn’t accept debit cards. The hot dog vender at the ballpark won’t accept them. The pedicabs down at the border won't take them. The pay phones here won’t accept debit cards either. Even the ushers in church won’t take my debit card for the collection basket, or the nuns from Tijuana standing outside the church with a little jar collecting money for the poor at the dump site. Yes, cash is still a necessity as far as I am concerned.

Just curious…is your 11-year-old allowed to carry cash, or does he also have a debit card that you charge up every week for his allowance??

Sorry, but I still think it sounds very weird that you won’t even allow your wife carry a few bucks in cash around with her because you might not know where every penny is going.

Ray

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Michael, I was extremely clear in what I wrote. I posted 10 different times in this thread. I have covered the following topics:

1. The fact that I have a retirement savings account that she will not have access to.
2. We will have a joint account with debit card
3. We will have a joint savings account
4. We will have a joint Colombian bank account
5. We will have a joint Colombian CDT (CD) account
6. The reason for having a Colombian account that pays in Pesos
7. The reason why a Colombian CDT is such a good investment
8. How much money my wife would be taking care of with the joint checking account
9. The reasons behind why it would be nice to track the expenditures
10. The fact that my wife has had zero experience with financial matters
11. The fact that she will be able to track my expenditures as well

That looks like a pretty comprehensive list to me.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 07:29:18 PM »

The things YOU are implying are a little offensive. I am telling you how a young wife will be given access to around $8,000 cash every month from a joint account. And how we will open another joint savings account. And how we are going to open anotherrrrr joint Colombian account which will be funded with $50K from cash from my retirement savings. But to you it seems like I am taking advantage of the "poor little abused f

50K joint Colombian account seems like a very bad idea if God forbid things were to go south with the marriage.   The wife might very well be entitled to 1/2 of that money and that cash is rightfully yours.  Perhaps after several years together and after you have bred her out it would seem more reasonable.  My 2 Cents!

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
So OK, then, may we assume that you'll let her carry the debit card without your supervision to pay for her own burger and drink when she goes to McDonald's with "the girls"? 

Ha ha and here´s the Colombian version: a European friend of mine who lived with a women in the pueblo of Trujillo told me "no it´s awful you can´t get good meat in this village". Later someone who knew them both told me "oh no it´s that he gives her  money to buy the meat then she buys the worst cut and pockets the rest of the money".  Boy was he pissed when he found out he could have been eating lomo viche all along with the money he gave her.

Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »

AB, nobody here has suggested anything even remotely close to that. What are you smoking man? LOL!

So you trust your 11-year-old with a cash allowance, but not your wife?? Now THAT is illogical!

Where do you live man, on the planet Mars? I know of plenty of places in this world where I can’t use my debit card. I haven’t figured out how to use it in the Coke machine. If I ride the bus, they don’t take debit cards. The taco stand down the street doesn’t take debit cards. I can’t use a debit card in the little beer bar down the street. The ice cream cart in the park doesn’t accept debit cards. The hot dog vender at the ballpark won’t accept them. The pedicabs down at the border won't take them. The pay phones here won’t accept debit cards either. Even the ushers in church won’t take my debit card for the collection basket, or the nuns from Tijuana standing outside the church with a little jar collecting money for the poor at the dump site. Yes, cash is still a necessity as far as I am concerned.

Just curious…is your 11-year-old allowed to carry cash, or does he also have a debit card that you charge up every week for his allowance??

Sorry, but I still think it sounds very weird that you won’t even allow your wife carry a few bucks in cash around with her because you might not know where every penny is going.

Ray

Ray, I have explained in detail about everything. Do you give your wife an allowance like a little schoolgirl??? I hope not. That is would really be a condescending way to treat her. Yeah I give my son around $30/month on average for buying some things at the Kobey swapmeet, some Gatorade after playing ball, or whatever thing. I am giving my wife a DEBIT CARD.....(much more than a couple bucks). There will be around $8K coming through the card! Is that not enough for you guys? A DEBIT CARD can also be used for cash if she should want to take the bus to TJ or whatever you are talking about, but there are not very many other things you need cash for. For instance, I went to the movies to see "Colombiana" right now. I had probably $60 cash in my pocket, but I used the debit card for the tickets, a drink, and something to eat afterward. After that I got gas...again paid for with Debit card. Then a year from now if I want to, I have a record of where that money went. So with the way things are going, we are going to have to tighten up a lot on our spending like most families....so if I want to see what we spent the money on, I can use a keyword search for "Harkins Theatre" for instance for the year 2011 and see how much cash we blew at the movies? Is that reasonable or an outrageous thing?

At no time did I say she was going to be prohibited from carrying pocket money like I do. But you are correct if you were thinking that I was not going to "let her" walk around with $8,000 cash in her pocket. The $60 cash I have in my pocket is probably the same I have probably had for 3-4 weeks now.

In 2011 I use cash on very rare occasions. Hell even a lot of the vendors at the Kobe swapmeet accept debit cards.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 07:45:50 PM »

50K joint Colombian account seems like a very bad idea if God forbid things were to go south with the marriage.   The wife might very well be entitled to 1/2 of that money and that cash is rightfully yours.  Perhaps after several years together and after you have bred her out it would seem more reasonable.  My 2 Cents!

Fathertime!

You are correct FT, it is rightly 100% mine right now, but if I put it in that kind of account it will be 50% hers. It is a very bad idea. It is being over trusting and generous in my opinion, but that is just the way I am. But to Michael and Ray, they seem to think I am being a stingy guy and have the idea that I will not even allow her to have pocket change or an allowance, let alone a $50K savings account which is generating 6% interest per year.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 07:48:01 PM »

Fathertime!

While we're using terms like 'weird and a 'little offensive' on this thread----doesn't any one find the expression ''after you've bred her out" a bit 'odd'? Exactly what comes after "you've bred her out"? Does she have more access to your money, or do you put her out to pasture after you've sowed your oats?
What if your sister's fiance explained to you that '"After' I've bred her out...."---Would that raise an eye brow or two? I don't think those are word's I'd want hear.
If you google the term, using it exactly, or using 'breed' instead of 'bred', it seems to deal with animals and 'animal husbandry' more than people.  ::)

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
You are correct FT, it is rightly 100% mine right now, but if I put it in that kind of account it will be 50% hers. It is a very bad idea. It is being over trusting and generous in my opinion, but that is just the way I am. But to Michael and Ray, they seem to think I am being a stingy guy and have the idea that I will not even allow her to have pocket change or an allowance, let alone a $50K savings account which is generating 6% interest per year.

Allowance is a silly word.  Whether it is a debit card or cash it is still essentially the same thing. 

I like to think of it as a ‘big pile of money you can do whatever you want to with’ jajajaja  I find it tedious and unnecessary to track where all the money goes!  We all die soon. Enjoy the moments and the money, and if I’m happy I’ll go out and earn some more for my wife to spend on frivolous girly things!  At least that is the way I see it. 

While we're using terms like 'weird and a 'little offensive' on this thread----doesn't any one find the expression ''after you've bred her out" a bit 'odd'? Exactly what comes after "you've bred her out"? Does she have more access to your money, or do you put her out to pasture after you've sowed your oats?
What if your sister's fiance explained to you that '"After' I've bred her out...."---Would that raise an eye brow or two? I don't think those are word's I'd want hear.
If you google the term, using it exactly, or using 'breed' instead of 'bred', it seems to deal with animals and 'animal husbandry' more than people.  ::)

Oh Robert, it is just a little offensive humor, nothing to be too concerned with.  Don’t worry I won’t try to ‘breed you out’ ja!

Assess to more money or put out to pasture?…a question for the ages! a jajaja

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Ray

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »

At no time did I say she was going to be prohibited from carrying pocket money like I do.

Well, then I guess I misunderstood something when you said…
"I am going to try to do things with virtually no actual cash in hand. I want her to use only debit and checks so we can see where all the money is going."

That sure sounded like you didn’t want her to have any cash. (?)

Ray

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 11:18:14 PM »

Well, then I guess I misunderstood something when you said…
"I am going to try to do things with virtually no actual cash in hand. I want her to use only debit and checks so we can see where all the money is going."

That sure sounded like you didn’t want her to have any cash. (?)

Ray

You are seeing things that are not there. Read what you wrote in red. And read the other 10 or so posts I made in this thread. I even gave you examples of exactly what I was talking about, by being able to teach her how to manage the money and see where it is going. That we could even put keywords into the Wells Fargo search to see how much was spent on each place, so we can budget and manage our money better. I wrote all that. I also wrote that I don't use cash myself. So if you guys did not get it on the first post, then I would think the other 10 or so would have cleared up everything for you. But I can understand if you just read that one sentence then you could have maybe been confused.

If I wanted to say "I am not going to give her a dollar of her own money to spend" I would have written it. I am not going to be shy  about things here. This is an anonymous forum. I am not using my real name or anything, so I say what is on my mind and exactly I am going to do.

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 12:38:36 AM »
If we eat at Applebee's twice a week, there will be no money for shoes.

I believe Applebees is one of the few restaurant chains that allow you to go barefoot so you both should have no problem eating there!

Just kidding AB!! ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:05:24 AM by Chris F »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 05:29:26 AM »
My experience with Costeñas is most are extremely frugal with money because of the lack of it. But put $1,000,000 COP in their hands, the most expendable cash most will have ever been in possesion of, and it will be gone in a couple of days. They'll also have absolutely nothing of true value to show for it. I know this from personal experience. Costeño Culture teaches people to be opportunistic. Access to large amounts of expendable cash for a woman that doesn't know better could mean her making completely irrational purchases, even if done with good intentions.

I don't know if this is what's concerning Bama, but if so I completely understand. And I must say again that Fathertime must have truly found a jewel from the coast if he hasn't had similar experiences with his wife.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:32:35 AM by benjio »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 05:29:26 AM »

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2011, 12:13:30 PM »
Nice one Chris ;).   Anyway, I think this is the best and fastest way for my wife to learn how to manage money, be responsible, and learn about adult life...dealing with insurance premiums, tax payments,etc. And there is a built in reward mechanism that if she does her job well, then there will be the $250 to send to her folks, money for girly things, eat at some nice restaurants, travel to Colombia a couple times a year. She will be able to readily see where the cash has gone. With that kind of instant feedback I really like the chances that she can learn about money management relatively quickly.even though it will be a lot of cash and responsibility at first, it is not like she will be doing it without my help. And there will be no access to the retirement account or credit cards, so the downside risk is not very much.I think it is a lot more trusting than just handing over an allowance like I am dealing with a 10 year old. And with a cash allowance just for pocket money she will never learn about money management in the family context, never understand about where the cash actually goes, etc. She will just be like a little plaything with her hand out saying stupid things like "daddy can u give me some extra money so I can buy this other pair of shoes. Daddy can we send a bunch more money to Colombia because my sister wants to start her own business?" I want her to be thoroughly enganged in all this money stuff.

Offline Ray

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
You are seeing things that are not there.

No, I saw EXACTLY what you wrote and nothing more.

You did say that you wanted her to use only debit and checks so you could see where all the money is going.

I won't argue this point with you further because you obviously don't even know what you wrote.

Bye...   :-*

Ray

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »
My wife doesn't like to carry cash--she thinks it makes it too easy to spend more than you really need to, on impulse purchases. I have told her she should have $20 to $40 tucked away in her purse to almost forget about, 'just in case' but she prefers not to. She very rarely uses ATMs. She's pretty conservative on spending in general and maybe the most spontaneous she gets is when we're eating out at a nice restaurant, where she'll grab the tab a lot of the time. If she grabs the tab, I handle the tip and vice versa --when I grab the tab first, if she has cash, she'll leave a nice tip.

She's very cautious in using credit cards, especially after seeing friends get in over their heads. We have some joint CC's, with some in separate names, but we both use them rarely and use ones for big purchases where they double our warranty and/or give us frequent flyer miles, and pay off the balance each month. Very early in our marriage, we stuck to credit cards that had low limits and were careful to make sure that she established an excellent credit rating in her own, as well in both of our names.

We have a joint account--actually two of them, but we also have separate accounts, where our paychecks are direct deposited. Money for her to send home comes from hers and she covers some utilities like cable TV, high speed internet, trash pick up and a few other monthly bills.

Money--the bigger expenses--- for the house mortgage, cars, related auto expenses, insurance policies, most utilities and number of of misc. living expenses, comes out of my pay check's direct deposit account, mostly as drafts, or by using a debit card drawing from one of my accounts. I make quite a bit more in annual income, so it's only fair. I know her ATM number and she knows mine--we don't have any 'secrets'.

That said, I'll admit I rarely ask how much she is sending back to her family or spending on phone calls to back home--so that's not a really a 'secret'-- it's just something I rarely ask about, because it can be a little uncomfortable and she works hard to pay for those costs from her salary, while still contributing to our household expenses.

I know she spends more on her family than I wish was necessary, but hey, you marry a Filipina and you marry her family too--at least 90% of the money she sends comes from her salary--and I honestly enjoy buying things that cover the extra 10% or so--I know they're things they can use and appreciate more than anyone on my side of the family would.

Here, I cover most of the groceries, although she covers some, especially for ethnic foods and every Sunday, she buys good food to prepare me a hearty, healthy lunch for each work day--that's priceless! I usually get a couple 'deli style' sandwiches she makes herself, along with other things. Sometimes it's so much, that the second sandwich is enough for dinner for me, espec. if it's been a busy day where I didn't have time for two overstuffed sandwiches. Still, never forget that most Filipinas will want you to stop everything and eat together at the table, whether you're hungry or not. She makes greatsandwiches, on hard french or Italian style rolls, with great deli meat, mayo, mustard, horseradish and other spices--she makes killer Italian subs, with meatballs, sausage, peppers and cheese some weeks.

I've never been one to send my clothes to cleaners for commercial wash and ironing, but she takes it upon herself to do a fine job of washing and ironing. Between excellent 'free lunches', having my clothes done for me, her picking up other occasional grocery costs, and often grabbing the tab when we eat out, I think I'm pretty lucky and saving a lot of time and money. Plus, when she goes out with her two GFs to shop, she inevitably buys me a nice shirt and/or pair of slacks-in the last couple months, she's surprised me with a couple pairs of shoes that cost over a $100 a pair--more than I'd pay--but she said 'honey--you deserve it'. I was going to argue--but that's not good manners....

She's just taken a job that about doubles her salary, as well as making our days and work hours more 'in synch'--so things may get a little more comfortable yet, God willing.

I was married to a Filipina in my first marriage, who at first made more money than me and from the very start and for 14 years after, she insisted that we not only keep our finances totally separate, but while I would leave my pay stubs around (no big deal)--everything with her was like a secret-I'd rarely every see her paycheck. She became increasingly cold and private, to the point of paranoia. She wouldn't even tell me of better interest rates or investments, stock picks, land for sale--saying if they went wrong, 'I'd get mad at her'--although I rarely got mad at her--frustrated yes, but not 'blow my top' angry.

Money itself wasn't the problem--we had enough--it was how we'd end up bickering over details that was the major problem--and unlike my wife now, who if we have an argument, we're over it by the next morning 99% of the time--my first wife would seethe for weeks or even months.

Every month or two, we'd add up all the many house hold expenses--the house---the kids, school costs--many different costs actually, split it down the middle and write equal checks to cover the amount. Sometimes with 60 or 70  bills, our addition would come out different or a receipt would be missing and although we had more than enough money to pay all the bills, we'd get into itchy, bitchy arguments about money and that really, really sucked.

I am soooooo glad that we have trust and a conservative, yet not uptight economic arrangement in my marriage now!!! Yea, I pay more for things overall, but that's only fair because I earn more, I figure. She's a real sport on contributing, when you consider she makes a whole lot less than I do. While she has self pride and knows she's a fine wife and person, she tends to put her family and even close friends before herself. She feels it's how a good, Christian person acts, yet she's far, far from being some uber religious, conservative prude--she's got fiery spark and a sharp mind of her own. If I'm cheap, 'counting too much' or if I otherwise offended her, she lets me know--in PRIVATE, or maybe with a 'look' or a little kick under the table--lol. And she might roll her eyes, but if I buy another gun, some fishing gear etc, I don't hear griping.

Some of my friends are married to Asian women from other regions, who control their finances very closely, to the point where they watch how much money their husbands spend for work lunches, just for starters. I just picked up the lunch tab for a close friend---NO wimp for sure--a 6'4, 285 pound former Master Seargent--(he did three combat tours in Vietnam and got two Purple hearts) because I didn't want his Japanese wife  of 24 years wife getting upset that he 'blew' $10 at the Hibachi Grill.

I think most women, especially AW's-- would let me pay for 98% of all expenses and make me feel like I was 'privileged' for being able to do so, allowing me to be in 'their company' and to indulge their royal hineys by paying for everything.

Sound like I married a 'gold digger'?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:54:02 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline whitey

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »
Sound like I married a 'gold digger'?

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger, unh
 But she ain't messin' with no broke gringos, unh
 Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger, unh
 But she ain't messin' with no broke gringos, unh
 Get down girl go head get down (I gotta leave)
 Get down girl gone head

;)

Actually, your wife sounds like gold, minus the digger Rob ... congratulations sir ... give her a hug for me ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »

Oh Robert, it is just a little offensive humor, nothing to be too concerned with.  Don’t worry I won’t try to ‘breed you out’ ja!

Assess to more money or put out to pasture?…a question for the ages! a jajaja

Fathertime!

so Fathertime, am i to understand you correctly that you are joking about using a woman to give a man children (breed her out) then decide if she still has value to the man.  if she still has value then allow her more access to money.  if she does not, then send her away.

please understand this is how your statements can come across.  It just doesn't sound loving.  Not that anyone has to hold to that moniker for life,  but love seems to be a great way to me. 

I realize people's humors vary but to tell Rob what you did about not breeding him out is disgusting.  Dude.  Please understand what you are saying and that it can have implications.  I firmly believe you have a right to do, say, believe, and think anything you want in life, but man i ask you to please leave Rob alone.  I am tired of it.

respectfully,
jb

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2011, 11:46:17 PM »

No, I saw EXACTLY what you wrote and nothing more.

You did say that you wanted her to use only debit and checks so you could see where all the money is going.

I won't argue this point with you further because you obviously don't even know what you wrote.

Bye...   :-*

Look up the word "virtually" in the dictionary Ray. It means "nearly or almost". As in "nearly or almost no cash". Just like I do. AS I ALREADY EXPLAINED. Just when I thought you were done being a jackass you got to start up again.

Ray

Look up the word "virtually" in the dictionary Ray. It means "nearly or almost". As in "nearly or almost no cash". Just like I do. AS I ALREADY EXPLAINED. Just when I thought you were done being a jackass you got to start up again.

You need to quit imagining what I write and just read what I write and if you don't understand one of those big words, look it up in the dictionary.

Offline Ray

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 06:14:03 AM »

You need to quit imagining what I write and just read what I write and if you don't understand one of those big words, look it up in the dictionary.

Well Mr. Know-It-All, why don't YOU look up the words "ONLY" and "ALL" in your little dictionary, as in "I want her to use ONLY debit and checks so we can see where ALL the money is going"

YOUR words that YOU wrote...

SHEESH!   

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 08:07:42 AM »

Well Mr. Know-It-All, why don't YOU look up the words "ONLY" and "ALL" in your little dictionary, as in "I want her to use ONLY debit and checks so we can see where ALL the money is going"

YOUR words that YOU wrote...

SHEESH!   

OK Ray, You got me. You are right. I will be more clear in my future posts to avoid any further confusion.

Sorry for calling you a jackass.

The point is that a couple of you guys erroneously thought that my plan is to try to control my wife to the extent that she will not have any access to funds to spend as she pleases. And I have explained in detail how that is not the case. But that I want the least amount of cash floating around...in both of our hands....because times are tough and we need to know where the money is going.

As I said, if you read only that one sentence out of all the posts I have made in this thread, I can see how you got that idea. But I explained everything over and over again to eliminate any confusion. But I should have made the original statements clearer in case someone does not read the rest of the post or following posts. I'll do better in the future.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
so Fathertime, am i to understand you correctly that you are joking about using a woman to give a man children (breed her out) then decide if she still has value to the man.  if she still has value then allow her more access to money.  if she does not, then send her away.

please understand this is how your statements can come across.  It just doesn't sound loving.  Not that anyone has to hold to that moniker for life,  but love seems to be a great way to me. 

I realize people's humors vary but to tell Rob what you did about not breeding him out is disgusting.  Dude.  Please understand what you are saying and that it can have implications.  I firmly believe you have a right to do, say, believe, and think anything you want in life, but man i ask you to please leave Rob alone.  I am tired of it.

respectfully,
jb

Jb,  I don’t really care if you find my comments disgusting/non-loving etc and besides I wasn’t picking on Robert anyway. 
If I feel like making silly comments then by gawd I’m going to do just that and your overly idealistic self will just have to sit through it uncomfortably. 

Fathertime!

02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
Jb,  I don’t really care if you find my comments disgusting/non-loving etc and besides I wasn’t picking on Robert anyway. 
If I feel like making silly comments then by gawd I’m going to do just that and your overly idealistic self will just have to sit through it uncomfortably. 

Fathertime!

Fathertime,

i have read enough of your posts to know you don't care what others think, and figured it would be the about the same with my post, so no worries. 

For me it is new to call someone out or tell someone to put a cork in it, and i think it went well.  Hopefully i wasn't rude to you but able to express how i felt.  If you think i conveyed my thoughts inappropriately, please let me know and i'll apologize, but i'm guessing that the "you don't care what others think" goes both ways and if i was rude it really wouldn't care.

When reading the board, I would like to let you know that i have been thankful for contributions you've made and your search and perseverance in finding a foreign lady has been inspiring.   

jb

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
Some of my friends are married to Asian women from other regions, who control their finances very closely, to the point where they watch how much money their husbands spend for work lunches, just for starters. I just picked up the lunch tab for a close friend---NO wimp for sure--a 6'4, 285 pound former Master Seargent--(he did three combat tours in Vietnam and got two Purple hearts) because I didn't want his Japanese wife  of 24 years wife getting upset that he 'blew' $10 at the Hibachi Grill.

My wife does that to a small extent...if she was trying to save money by never eating out herself, then I went and bought an "expensive" lunch for myself, she would be peeved. There is a certain fixation on saving money on small things that seems to be pretty common in China and Taiwan. But it seems like they scrimp and save on the little everyday things then splurge on something. Could be worse. I am eating a lot more cheaply and a lot better food than I have in years.

One problem with credit/debit cards is that transactions are a lot less secure in the US. My wife is afraid to give out card information over the phone or even on most internet sites. In Taiwan she always used a USB credit card reader for online purchases and they have much more secure credit cards there. When I pay my cell phone bill over the phone I think she just about has a heart attack....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »
Fathertime,

i have read enough of your posts to know you don't care what others think, and figured it would be the about the same with my post, so no worries. 

For me it is new to call someone out or tell someone to put a cork in it, and i think it went well.  Hopefully i wasn't rude to you but able to express how i felt.  If you think i conveyed my thoughts inappropriately, please let me know and i'll apologize, but i'm guessing that the "you don't care what others think" goes both ways and if i was rude it really wouldn't care.

When reading the board, I would like to let you know that i have been thankful for contributions you've made and your search and perseverance in finding a foreign lady has been inspiring.   

jb

Let me congratulate you for expressing yourself.  It is a trait you will need to hone if you are to ever ‘breed out’  :D  one of these nice looking Latinas! 

Thanks for the interest in how my story is going, it is never-ending! jaja!
  Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats