It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Gift giving in The Philippines  (Read 24922 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Gift giving in The Philippines
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2011, 01:55:43 AM »
Kfc,

Read my previous posts to understand the significance of those words.  Let me help you, "Subic Bay" was the culmination of the ouster of the murderer Marcos and his foreign allies (US).

I don't have to argue history, it is what it is. 

I rest my case.

Zulu

More Baloney!

Yes Zulu, you have been duped by the commies. Sorry buddy!

The Filipinos were and still are very pro-American. The commies hate America and have continually called for the closure of the bases. The commies even succeeded in convincing the judge in the recent Subic Rape Trial to convict the innocent Marine accused of rape when the judge knew damn well that he was innocent. It was a purely political move to shut the commies up and was later overturned unanimously on appeal while the commies screamed for the execution of all the falsely charged Marines.

The base at Subic Bay was not closed because of popular public opinion against the USA and the US Military. You are dead wrong again on that Zulu.

The Navy base at Subic was closed because the Philippine Senate wanted to flex its muscle and wanted WAY more than the large annual sum offered for the lease agreement entered into between the Aquino administration and Washington.

The Aquino government and the Filipino people overwhelmingly favored renewal of the base lease and she tried to hold a national referendum to overturn the Senate’s 12-11 vote to reject the new treaty, but it was declared unconstitutional.

The Philippine Senate shot itself in the foot by attempting to blackmail the US into forking over more money for the lease. Instead the US said ‘Bye!’ and pulled out within a year. The Pentagon used to be the second largest employer in the Philippines after the Philippine government. A hell of a lot of very good jobs were lost and the Filipino people suffered greatly for it.

Now those are FACTS Zulu, whether you like them or not.

Washington offered $203 million a year in compensation, far less than was originally sought by Manila.

Some of the Philippine lawmakers had demanded that the treaty be renegotiated.

Mrs. Aquino, aware of opinion polls showing that an overwhelming majority of Filipinos support the treaty, is refusing to acquiesce in the Senate's rejection of it. The Philippine military also strongly favors the treaty.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/09/16/world/philippine-senate-votes-to-reject-us-base-renewal.html?pagewanted=all

Ray

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2011, 02:24:15 AM »
Ray,

Your chronology of facts are wrong.

The United States was removed from Subic by the Philippine Senate.

The US fate was sealed after they refused to reveal whether nuclear weapons were stored at Subic or Clark.  Their ally, Corizon Aquino, approved the ouster of the US, and the base was ordered closed.

Money is was not the issue.

Oh yeah, and don't leave out the fact that there was so much friction from the locals about the base (which was reduced by 75% of its total size in 1979) that Philippine troops assumed responsibility for the perimeter security to reduce incidents between U.S. military and Philippine civilians.

The exact same issue is happening now in Okinawa, I predict we will be invited out of that place in another 10 years.

Zulu
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:30:50 AM by z_k_g »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Ray

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2011, 02:43:22 AM »
Ray,

Your chronology of facts are wrong.

The United States was removed from Subic by the Philippine Senate.

The US fate was sealed after they refused to reveal whether nuclear weapons were stored at Subic or Clark.  Their ally, Corizon Aquino, approved the ouster of the US, and the base was ordered closed.

Money is was not the issue.

Oh yeah, and don't leave out the fact that there was so much friction from the locals about the base (which was reduced by 75% of its total size in 1979) that Philippine troops assumed responsibility for the perimeter security to reduce incidents between U.S. military and Philippine civilians.

Zulu, you should have read that link I posted before you put your foot in your mouth.

President Aquino was a big supporter of the US presence there and she approved the treaty with the US that the senate did not ratify.

â€œthe fact that there was so much friction from the locals about the base”? Zulu, that is pure BS! How many times have you been in Subic? How many local residents have you known or even spoken with?

You know nothing of Filipino sentiment over the US bases. Stop listening to commie propaganda!

And the US NEVER confirms or denies the presence of nukes. EVERYONE knew that and it was not an issue, except with a few anti-American communists.

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/filipino-people/featured/5

Ray

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:51:18 AM by Ray »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2011, 02:43:22 AM »

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2011, 04:10:21 AM »
Zulu, you should have read that link I posted before you put your foot in your mouth.

President Aquino was a big supporter of the US presence there and she approved the treaty with the US that the senate did not ratify.

â€œthe fact that there was so much friction from the locals about the base”? Zulu, that is pure BS! How many times have you been in Subic? How many local residents have you known or even spoken with?

You know nothing of Filipino sentiment over the US bases. Stop listening to commie propaganda!

And the US NEVER confirms or denies the presence of nukes. EVERYONE knew that and it was not an issue, except with a few anti-American communists.

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/filipino-people/featured/5

Ray

Ray,

I'm very confused here about your conclusions.

Based on your point of view, everyone, that means all Filipinos, wanted the US base to remain in Subic?  

Yet its not there anymore?

This base had almost a $500 million dollar impact on Luzons economy and was a major provider of jobs and economic growth in the entire country.

The President of the Philippines and the Philippine military also supported keeping the base.

However, the Senate, who had the final say barring a national referendum, voted not to renew the bases treaty.

Who were they?

The original eight senators who were against the bases from the start – Senate President Jovito Salonga, Sens. Wigberto Tanada, Teofisto Guingona, Rene Saguisag, Victor Ziga, Sotero Laurel, Ernesto Maceda, and Agapito Aquino.

After weeks of debate they were joined by four others – Sens. Juan Ponce Enrile, Joseph Estrada, Orlando Mercado, and Aquilino Pimentel.

You continue mention communists, what exactly did communists have anything to do with the Senates decision to ouster of the Americans from Subic?

None of the listed senators had any alignment with NDFP or any other revolutionary movement communist or otherwise.

I see no indications whatsoever that the Communists had anything to do with kicking out Joe.

Ray, this was the end of our colony in Asia and a victory for Filipino pride and nationalism and payback for the support of the dictator Marcos as I have stated from my previous posts.

And as far as nukes are concerned, you stated:
....the US NEVER confirms or denies the presence of nukes. EVERYONE knew that and it was not an issue, except with a few anti-American communists.

Ray, If it was my country, my homeland, and the US government refused to tell ME they they had nuclear weapons on premise, I would politely kick them out!

The senators requested the information, the US refused, and subsequently were removed.

We have to obey the laws of a foreign country when we are guests, when you don't, they have the right to send your as* home!

That's just what the Philippine Senate did with the US military at Subic in 1991.

Zulu
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:13:55 AM by z_k_g »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »
Kfc,

Read my previous posts to understand the significance of those words.  Let me help you, "Subic Bay" was the culmination of the ouster of the murderer Marcos and his foreign allies (US).

I don't have to argue history, it is what it is. 

I rest my case.

Zulu
Zulu, in your posts, you have given absolutely NOTHING to back-up your statements and all the readers that are coming to this thread can see that. You mentioned "Subic Bay" and gave NO supporting historical events. 

Unless you can give examples & facts to back-up what you are saying instead of telling readers to "go read my previous posts" then your statements/posts are more crap than what Gato posted in that other thread.

Zulu, the student of history said that "Subic Bay" was the culmination of the ouster of the murderer Marcos and his foreign allies (US).

I would say that the ouster of Ferdinand E. Marcos "begun" with the assassination of Ninoy Aquino & followed with the election:

The assassination of opposition leader Benigno (Ninoy) Aquino upon his return to the Philippines in 1983 after a long period of exile coalesced popular dissatisfaction with Marcos and set in motion a succession of events that culminated in a snap presidential election in February 1986.
The opposition united under Aquino's widow, Corazon Aquino, and Salvador Laurel, head of the United Nationalist Democratic Organization (UNIDO).
The election was marred by widespread electoral fraud on the part of Marcos and his supporters. International observers, including a U.S. delegation led by Senator Richard Lugar (R-Indiana), denounced the official results.
Marcos was forced to flee the Philippines in the face of a peaceful civilian-military uprising that ousted him and installed Corazon Aquino as president on February 25, 1986.

Who is giving more facts to back up their statements? Zulu, "the student of history" who is telling people to "go read my previous posts" or what I just posted?

Let the readers decide?
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline thekfc

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2011, 05:11:25 AM »
Zulu, that is pure BS! How many times have you been in Subic? How many local residents have you known or even spoken with?
I would also like to hear that answer.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2011, 07:17:45 AM »
Zulu I said:
Folks, this thread have already gone the other way, if you are looking for anything related to the topic header, then look at the first 2 pages.
One can argue it is to get "in line" with the rest of ASEAN where in most of these countries the marrying age is 18 & not 16 as you quoted above. Now that would make more sense and more believable that what you are saying.
Internet searches, law resources & archives shows nothing - Do you have any articles to back up what you are saying?
 No one said that it was the first constitution - I am talking about the timing of it.
 Actually I am the one who brought up that "The Family Code of 1987 was intended to supplant Book I of the Civil Code concerning persons and family relations - before you kept mentioning Family Code revisions

And you replied:

Kfc,

I got one answer for you to back up my premise.

Subic Bay.

Zulu

Zulu still you have not answered what Subic Bay have to do with the Family Code.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
I would also like to hear that answer.

Kfc,

Nice try!

I like this Ad Hominem (look up the word) "question" because these ploys are always taken when you have a weak argument and losing.  It typically works with readers who are not familiar with the tactic. :D

But not today!

It starts with a bit of name calling, when that doesn't work, we use the old, "you weren't there" argument to discredit your facts!

Dude!! In 1980's I was in high school and watching the Filipino Peoples Power movement on TV, I was not there, what a ridiculous question!!  Where you there Kfc?  Come on dude!!!   ;D

Kfc, I noticed that you haven't mentioned the very large hole in Ray's argument about communists?  :D (Seriously?)

You are very very silent there, why is that old friend?

Where's your supporting argument about commies, trolls, devils and witches ejecting the US Military from Subic?

Well, I can answer that easy one, because communists, trolls, devils and witches had nothing to do with the ouster of the Americans.  

The elected representatives of the Philippine people, the Senate, with the full support of the people, did that all by themselves!   ;)

My argument is sound and my conclusions based on historical facts.

The Senate was not impeached or overruled and the rejection of an extended treaty was final.

The Philippine Constitution states in Section 24, Article XVIII:

"After the expiration in 1991 of the agreement between the Republic of the Philippines and the United States of America concerning Military Bases, foreign military bases, troops or facilities shall not be allowed in the Philippines except under a treaty duly concurred in by the Senate and, when the Congress so requires, ratified by a majority of the votes cast by the people in a national referendum held for that purpose, and recognized as a treaty by the other contracting State.”

The Senate rejected a new treaty and the Congress never put the question to a national referendum.  

Kfc,

I've already made my point about the significance of Subic many times as it relates to the culmination events surrounding the ouster of the killer Marcos and the subsequent laws that were enacted specifically to deal with foreigners!

I'll make it here again!

Because of the dictators close association with the US (and allowing martial law), Philippine nationalists (anti-foreign movement) in the legislature (senate and congress) made sure that Subic was closed when the treaty expired in 1991.  

This nationalist (anti-foreign) sentiment was also reflected in the new laws after the ouster of Marcos, specifically the laws dealing with exploitation and abuse of Filipino women and over seas workers (by foreigners).

Are you following me Kfc, I'll slow down for you if I'm typing to fast.  ;D  

The minimum age for marriage was raised to 18 via the new Family Code revisions and RA 6955 specifically to combat "the mail order bride issue" (foreigners marrying pinays) and other legislation (RA 7610, RA 8042 and special house bill House Bill No. 7199) was enacted to deal with the abuse of OSW (by foreigners).

The Filipino people were angry.  When they kicked out the killer Marcos, they enacted laws to satisfy the public outcry against foreigners and then got rid of his friends the Americans (Subic).  

I answered your questions, I got some more relevant ones for you that we should get answers:

Was anyone here part of the US negotiations team during the Subic treaty extension discussions or involved in any of the discussions with the Aquino administration or the Senate?

Did anyone here know any of the 12 Senators who cast the vote to kick the Americans out of Subic?

I would like to hear those answers, because if anyone says YES, then we have some bona-fide EXPERTS!!!!

<Silence>

Ok, no need, I'll answer those questions!!!

No One!!!!!   ;D

Kfc, by the way, living on a military base does NOT make you an automatic expert, you should know that already.

Since we have NO EXPERTS on P-L, all we have here is the historic record and our opinions.

Zulu

Offline thekfc

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »

Kfc,

Nice try!

I like this Ad Hominem (look up the word) "question" because these ploys are always taken when you have a weak argument and losing.  It typically works with readers who are not familiar with the tactic. :D

But not today!
You are the one with the weak argument - Everyone can see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kfc, I noticed that you haven't mentioned the very large hole in Ray's argument about communists?  :D (Seriously?)

You are very very silent there, why is that old friend?

Where's your supporting argument about commies, trolls, devils and witches ejecting the US Military from Subic?
Zulu, did I mention anything about Subic Bay? or anything about commies?

Go back and read my post - the only times that I mentioned the word Subic Bay were:

I will  re-quote them:
What about Subic Bay? That is only 2 words.

Can you kindly educate the people on Subic Bay please.
DO NOT just tell them to go look it up - give them actual events to back up your previous statements.

AND

Zulu I said:
And you replied:

Zulu still you have not answered what Subic Bay have to do with the Family Code.

You need to go back and read my posts and if you DON'T find a post  where I mention/said about commies,  trolls, devils and witches ejecting the US Military from Subic?  - then you be a man an apologize.

Subic Bay have been between you & Ray.  My "argument" is with the Family Code.

"After the expiration in 1991 of the agreement between the Republic of the Philippines and the United States of America concerning Military Bases, foreign military bases, troops or facilities shall not be allowed in the Philippines except under a treaty duly concurred in by the Senate and, when the Congress so requires, ratified by a majority of the votes cast by the people in a national referendum held for that purpose, and recognized as a treaty by the other contracting State.”
What do that have to do with the family Code (1987)?

I've already made my point about the significance of Subic many times as it relates to the culmination events surrounding the ouster of the killer Marcos and the subsequent laws that were enacted specifically to deal with foreigners!
You have not done anything or showed anything - you have not shown that this have anything to do with the Family Code (1987).

I'll make it here again!

Because of the dictators close association with the US (and allowing martial law), Philippine nationalists (anti-foreign movement) in the legislature (senate and congress) made sure that Subic was closed when the treaty expired in 1991.  

This nationalist (anti-foreign) sentiment was also reflected in the new laws after the ouster of Marcos, specifically the laws dealing with exploitation and abuse of Filipino women and over seas workers (by foreigners).
What do that have to do with the Family Code (1987)?

The minimum age for marriage was raised to 18 via the new Family Code revisions and RA 6955 specifically to combat "the mail order bride issue" (foreigners marrying pinays) and other legislation (RA 7610, RA 8042 and special house bill House Bill No. 7199) was enacted to deal with the abuse of OSW (by foreigners).

The Filipino people were angry.  When they kicked out the killer Marcos, they enacted laws to satisfy the public outcry against foreigners and then got rid of his friends the Americans (Subic).  
You keep mentioning the "New family Code Revision" ~ what is the "New Family Code Revision?

The Family Code (1987) was new so there was no family Code to revise. 

I am still waiting on Zulu's "facts" on how the events leading to the closure of Subic Bay (1991) lead to the Philippines "Government" raising the minimum marrying age to 18 (& the Family Code) four years earlier in 1987.

People let us see how he try to twist this one around - the audience are waiting.

Offline Ray

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »

Ray,

I'm very confused here about your conclusions.

Yes Zulu, you are definitely confused about everything in this thread. Why don’t you quit pretending to know what you are talking about and get your arse over to the Philippines so you can actually learn something about Filipino attitudes, insteaf of just making this stuff up as you go.

Based on your point of view, everyone, that means all Filipinos, wanted the US base to remain in Subic?

Did I say EVERYONE or ALL Filipinos?? Have you been smoking crack? Now why don’t YOU go back and read my posts and show us where I said that?

You continue mention communists, what exactly did communists have anything to do with the Senates decision to ouster of the Americans from Subic?

None of the listed senators had any alignment with NDFP or any other revolutionary movement communist or otherwise.

I see no indications whatsoever that the Communists had anything to do with kicking out Joe.

You must be smoking crack. Did I say that the communists kicked the US out of Subic? Did I say that the Senators who voted against the treaty were communists? Can you even read man?

For those who can’t read, let me reiterate my point about communists was to show you that your insistence that Filipinos passed all the these laws in retaliation against Americans and the US government is nonsense and you have obviously been overly influenced by communist propaganda.

The senators requested the information, the US refused, and subsequently were removed.

We have to obey the laws of a foreign country when we are guests, when you don't, they have the right to send your as* home!

ONCE AGAIN Zulu, we NEVER confirm or deny the presence of nukes anywhere. That has been consistent US policy and EVERYONE (well, except you) knew that so they never expected us to admit their presence. DUH! The Philippine Senate knew we would not confirm or deny and it was not a major issue.

And which Philippine laws are you insinuating that the US did not obey?? Huh? Just more of your BS that the US was “sent home” for breaking Philippine laws??

Ray

Offline Ray

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2011, 01:07:41 PM »

The minimum age for marriage was raised to 18 via the new Family Code revisions and RA 6955 specifically to combat "the mail order bride issue" (foreigners marrying pinays)

Zulu, WTF are you talking about? Yes, you are definitely confused!

RA 6955 had NOTHING to do with raising the minimum marriage age, which was enacted years before RA 6955.

In your blissful ignorance, you are now attempting to link 2 completely unrelated laws to support your stupid argument that Filipinos were outraged that foreign men were marrying teenaged Filipinas. NONSENSE!

RA 6955 had nothing to do with Filipinas MARRYING foreigners.

Fact: The Philippine government made some changes because 14-year-olds were too young to marry and 15-year-olds were too young to vote.

Now even YOU should be able to understand that!

SHEESH!

Ray

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
Porkums,
I got a few of those!
Have you been hit up lately by any of your wife's relatives?
Zulu
i had been noticing that the account that i had set up with TDbank had had about 50% more money going into it than my wife had been making when she was working as a nurse there in Manila. every time the wife said "oh i am almost out of money I would run rite down to the bank & add some more funds.
$50 here $100 there added up by the end on the month.

once Marily returned back to work i figure i am in the clear .......WRONG >:(
i get a text "I don't have food money"
WTF she had just got paid , how can this be???
so i throw another $50 down the hole & ask the wife to come to the cafe so we can chat.
it seems that she gets hit up for cash often & doesn't always say "NO!"
i told her that i would put her "pay" in the account twice a month once she ends working to study full time for the national nurses exam.
I explain that she will ONLY get this twice a month deposit unless it is life of death.
for the life of me i can't understand a person that gives away their food money & i told her so.
I guess she just figured that she would just get more from me  ::)
well that gravy train has come to a crashing screeching halt !!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wasn't aware that i needed to treat my wife like she was a grade school child
so in closing after some strong words from me the wife is well aware of how things will be from now on.

pig AKA  soon to be known as the cheep kano prick by all of her freeloading non working relatives  ;D :D ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:34:23 PM by piglett »
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline thekfc

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
So far my wife have not been hit for money or that I know of. There are some family members that are on her shyt list - so I know there will be no request from them or they can expect a no from her. ;D

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2011, 07:19:06 PM »
I could see my wife giving away her food money to her family if they needed it. I was supporting her while USCIS played out because she quit her job to spend time with me.

We underestimated the real amount she needed to live on. Then, to be honest, each month, for about a year, as the paperwork dragged on, her expenses went up. I remember the chats and phone calls 'Honey--I'm out of money'...

Part of it was that when she went from working 12 hours a day, six days a week and even some half days Sundays, that all of a sudden, she had a whole lot of time on her hands--what are you going to do--spend your days and nights staring at the walls of a sweltering, 125 degree boarding house?

No, she didn't hang out at the mall, eat out at restaurants every day--maybe she went to one or two movies, as I encouraged that, but nonetheless, she spent more, including on some small treats and sometimes small 'allowances' for her younger siblings not out of high school yet. She didn't go into great detail, but she didn't lie either and I pretty much knew what was going on.

It was important I think, that as she was going away for a long time--leaving her homeland and family, that she had some discretionary money, and sure I regret that each month she needed a little more, as that wasn't what we planned, but to be honest, I'm glad got to 'live it up' a wee bit and share it with her family.

She was far from extravagant in her spending and overall, the amount of money we're talking here was pretty small, like a lot less than my electric bill. That money, spent over there, brought miles and miles of smiles for what I consider really very ordinary things around here. We just ate a couple nice steaks, and she told me how that meat back home would have been cut into a thousand pieces and made a ton of soup that would have just loved to no end.

I think that if you're bringing a foreign bride over that at least right before she's about to leave her home and family, that you might want to allocate a bit of extra money for a few chickens, maybe a small pig or goat, some soda pop and beer and let them have a little party. A Pilipino 'ho down' if you will--karaoke and all....

That way, even if you don't plan on sending another red cent back over there, at least she left leaving a positive note regarding you--and not necessarily one indicating that you're a soft touch, and a big spender.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
I hear ya Robert however, Mayily only makes about p9000 a month as a nurse.
so if i give her p10,000 a month how exactly can't she make it on that?
her rent is only p2000 & that includes electric & water, i see no good reason why she can't do just fine.

I did send p5000 extra once she finished taking that nursing test from hell. she saw a pink t-shirt that she really wanted & i also "order her" to go to Chow King , which she always loves.
So yes i see no problem with her having a little fun once things that need tending are tended to.
however I'll be dam if I'm going to work day & night so a bunch of her relatives can scrounge money from her every dam week , NO WAY !!!!

pig

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
Well Piglett,

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't. At some point limits obviously have to be set.

I saw the 'writing on the wall' when the bank account I set up over there got below the minimum required to avoid the predatory 'service charges' that the banks over there have for the' inconvenience' of having to hold onto other people's money.

The one thing that's sure is no matter how much money we send, they will spend it and still have room left to spend some more!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
Well Piglett,

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't. At some point limits obviously have to be set.

I saw the 'writing on the wall' when the bank account I set up over there got below the minimum required to avoid the predatory 'service charges' that the banks over there have for the' inconvenience' of having to hold onto other people's money.

The one thing that's sure is no matter how much money we send, they will spend it and still have room left to spend some more!

Rob,

Nice avatar of your wife!!

You wife seems to have a better handle on gifts as opposed to needs.  Was she like this before your marriage or did she have to cut some of her "greedy" relatives off after she married the "kano" and moved to the land of the rich Americans?

Zulu

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »
I hear ya Robert however, Mayily only makes about p9000 a month as a nurse.
so if i give her p10,000 a month how exactly can't she make it on that?
her rent is only p2000 & that includes electric & water, i see no good reason why she can't do just fine.

I did send p5000 extra once she finished taking that nursing test from hell. she saw a pink t-shirt that she really wanted & i also "order her" to go to Chow King , which she always loves.
So yes i see no problem with her having a little fun once things that need tending are tended to.
however I'll be dam if I'm going to work day & night so a bunch of her relatives can scrounge money from her every dam week , NO WAY !!!!

Porkie,

That 200p here 300p there add up!

My sweeties birthday is coming up and I am renting her a room for the party.  The room cost 3000p and it includes food for all the guest up to 20 (about 150p per guest, not bad).  She is excited at the idea....until she tells certain friends. 

When we talk again and few days later, and she asks about other "added" items, that she had no need or desire for before.  She was completely happy with a party in her honor.

I refused because I knew the added expenses were "suggested" by her friends and they convinced her that she needed them! 

No way was I paying.

Zulu

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »
Porkie,

That 200p here 300p there add up!

Zulu
ya that p5000 & p10,000 adds up real quick too ;)

Offline ignorante

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2011, 05:26:03 AM »
i had been noticing that the account that i had set up with TDbank had had about 50% more money going into it than my wife had been making when she was working as a nurse there in Manila. every time the wife said "oh i am almost out of money I would run rite down to the bank & add some more funds.
$50 here $100 there added up by the end on the month.

once Marily returned back to work i figure i am in the clear .......WRONG >:(
i get a text "I don't have food money"
WTF she had just got paid , how can this be???
so i throw another $50 down the hole & ask the wife to come to the cafe so we can chat.
i told her that i would put her "pay" in the account twice a month once she ends working to study full time for the national nurses exam.
I explain that she will ONLY get this twice a month deposit unless it is life of death.
for the life of me i can't understand a person that gives away their food money & i told her so.
I guess she just figured that she would just get more from me  ::)
well that gravy train has come to a crashing screeching halt !!!!!!!!!!!!!
so in closing after some strong words from me the wife is well aware of how things will be from now on.

pig AKA  soon to be known as the cheep kano prick by all of her freeloading non working relatives  ;D :D ;D

Well, we could all say something about red flags if you were new here, but you aren't, and you already married her, so . . .  :D

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »
  Well, we could all say something about red flags if you were new here, but you aren't, and you already married her, so . . .  :D
yup sure am & the leach relatives look to be a problem
i guess my wife will have to be stronger & tell them to go pound sand.
they think all Kano's are rich regardless of how much you make or don't make ::) ::) ::)

pig

Offline ignorante

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2011, 08:19:52 AM »
Compared to most of them, we are.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2011, 08:46:47 AM »
Piggy, I hope that you fully explained things to her - not like the "she wearing your" pants situation.  ;D

So far I have been "lucky" about my wife having non-working family members.

My wife's "immediate" family are: 
4 Sisters: 3 of the 4 work, 1 own a business.
All 4 sister's husband work.
2 brothers: Both work - one overseas & the other manages the family 2 farms.
6 nieces:  1 work, 2 in college & the other 3 are in school.
9 nephews:  5 work, 2 in college & the other 2 are in school. The wives of the married nephews are also working.

There are also a "bunch" of aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, etc,. (enough to make a clan ;D) and just about everyone that I have meet or know of are working or in college/school.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2011, 08:46:47 AM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
i guess my wife will have to be stronger & tell them to go pound sand.
Right.  And the chance of that ever happening is what?   ::)
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2011, 12:18:31 PM »
Right.  And the chance of that ever happening is what?   ::)

Bob,

Zilch!  

Obviously, If Porky ain't in her face she is gonna cave!

When she moves to the states, that peer pressure is lessened, hopefully!

Zulu

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 80