It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Dating Sites  (Read 8432 times)

Offline reveis

Dating Sites
« on: June 28, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »
For those with experice please tell me pro's and con's of cherry blossoms and filipina heart web sites.

Gato4Astrid

Re: Dating Sites
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
For the cons:  Many of the girls are either scammers or working as 'cam prostitutes'

For the pros:  (ask these men who successfully found their women)

If you really want to know pros and cons, why don't you find it out for yourself by joining a month membership.   

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »
For those with experice please tell me pro's and con's of cherry blossoms and filipina heart web sites.
I probably went through 8 or 10 ladies (some were scammers) until i met my wife. If for some reason my wife decided that she wanted out rite this second.
I would say that within a week or two i would be rite back on FH looking for another lady. After all my only other real choice is another AW & that my friends just will not work for me!!

happy hunting
piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:35:33 PM »
The cons are pretty obvious from the outside looking in: scammers--women who want your money more than they want you--if they really want you at all.

That said, it's a very basic truth that we, male and female alike, want to marry someone to better our lives and that may in all fairness, mean marrying someone who can supply material things we haven't gotten, whether its a trip to Disney World, a home with air con., someone who keeps a very nice home, or whatever.

The above mentioned sites are almost necessary evils. There are guys on here who have been married and/or have been developing ties with countries these women come from since when the internet was in its infancy, if not before. The internet has changed a lot of things and it is still changing things and ways.

I met my wife via an introduction from a mutual friend, but we both ended up being on Cherry Blossoms, because for a long time, I refused to consider her as a prospective wife because I thought there were potential compatibility issues. After a few years, I realized my fears were largely unfounded. We made some friends and had some laughs on Cherry Blossoms, but basically saw it was rather superficial and a soap opera at times with some pretty awful players on both sides.

I'd like to think that most women on CB and FH aren't scammers, but I know that quite a few are. And plenty who aren't scammers just aren't right for a lot of guys for various other reasons. There are plenty of guys out there just trying to set up 'male whore' trips, where they basically pay a bundle to go over there and fly from island to island, hoping to, and usually succeeding in getting laid by as many women as they can. They often break hearts and reinforce some women's feeling that scamming men back in return is only fair game.

It would be great if we had the money and time to go to a prospective woman's country and spend time with her, meeting other people there, as we expand our contacts and understanding of their culture all the while. The reality of most guys situation is that they can't do that. They have monetary limitations, time limitations and can't leave except for maybe a week or two a year and at possibly a prohibitive cost.For those guys, if they can't drum up some connections here in the Asian/Latin communities, such as church, hospitals and other places, there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative other than meeting on line.

It seems to me, that in the last five or tens years and still increasingly to this day, people have been becoming more sophisticated and jaded in their finding ways to use the internet to exploit others. The internet has expanded to countless areas where it wasn't a factor before and more people are using it for less than noble purposes.

It's probably easier to for most people to try and scam someone out of money and gifts online than it is to swipe a purse or lay some one upside the head. It just doesn't seem 'personal' and they figure "I'm never going to have to see this person in real life anyways'. The internet makes it too easy and ultimately impersonal. People can do stuff they would never do in 'real life' in a million years and chances are that nobody they're going to have to meet face to face, who they don't want to know, will ever know.

Yes, the internet is full of temptations for people to act differently than they do with people 'in real life'. What it all boils down to is that if factors in your life mean that the internet is about the only vehicle you have to explore finding a foreign spouse, you just have to realize the pitfalls involved and suit up carefully. There is no substitute for time. Even if you're smitten with some one very quickly after you've gotten involved online, only time will tell if your initial feelings are really valid or if they will be dashed, as you eventually find out the other things going on behind the pretty face and sweet words.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:00:41 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
I myself used the scammer girls on FH as training material. I wanted to know how they did it so i would know what to look for. Guess what it worked & that info. along with what my fellow members here taught me helped me decide if the next lady was for real or trying to run a scam on me. there were also some nice ladies that I chatted with but some of them turned out to not be rite for me for 1 reason or another.

piglett

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »
K, Piglett......

>>I myself used the scammer girls on FH as training material. I wanted to know how they did it so i would know what to look for.<<

Now we want to hear the shocking EXPOSE' detailing just how these devilish dolls do it!! :D

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »
K, Piglett......
>>I myself used the scammer girls on FH as training material. I wanted to know how they did it so i would know what to look for.<<
Now we want to hear the shocking EXPOSE' detailing just how these devilish dolls do it!! :D
Well i recall this one lady ...i thinks she was about 19 years old, anyhow she said she was a 2nd year nursing student. well after chatting with her for a week or 2 she starts to tell me that she has a problem. So being the kind hearted sweet dude i am i say "oh what problem?" the she starts to weave the web of BS & lies.
Her story is that her family has not sent her the money for her schooling & that the money is due tomorrow & if she doesn't have it by then she will be forced to quit school.
I offer up a few suggestions like can U text your , mom,dad, aunt....someone.
she says Oh, no one responds  :( ::)"I just don't know what i am going to do"
lucky for me i had already been "schooled" here so i was on to her game & she got nothing from ol piglett here.

piglett 

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »
I remembered speaking to a girl - 2 minutes after seeing her in webcam, she asked me to send her $200.  I could easily sense by looking on her face, she did not want to ask me .....because I can sense that she was forced to ask me - possibly by her boyfriend!

Can we call her 'scammer' especially when she was forced to ??? !!!

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »
For those with experience please tell me pro's and con's of cherry blossoms and filipina heart web sites.

I have no experience with Cherry Blossoms and only a little with Filipina Heart. I started looking on Filipina Heart and then switched to International Cupid. International Cupid is exactly the same software so it looks and functions exactly the same as Filipina Heart, but it's a lot more international. There are women from all over Asia, Europe, the FSU and literally anywhere that you might be interested in looking with profiles on International Cupid. It has all the scammers and it has all the normal women too, you just have to be on your toes. In my opinion any one site is as good or as bad as any other. Just sharpen up your senses and jump in. Personally, I prefer the more international site.

I've been talking to a very interesting Filipina for almost three weeks now that I would not have met had I stayed on Filipina Heart.

Bill
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:51:37 PM by Bill_McC »
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
I remember one pretty young thing, who on line and on cam, who was quick to tell me how her father had died, leaving them in desperate straits, requiring my immediate financial rescue to stop them from starving and being thrown out on the street.

Boy, was I ever amazed when a couple months later, this very same woman/child linked up with me again and told me that her father had DIED AGAIN, leaving them in the same horrible situation.

I must have rather unmemorable face or perhaps this person had played so many guys with the same 'act' that she'd lost track of the guys...

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »
I must have rather unmemorable face or perhaps this person had played so many guys with the same 'act' that she'd lost track of the guys...

"unmemorable face" - I had similar situation before!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
Reveis

These dating sites are free for all women therefore it is FREE 'advert' for these scammers, cam prostitutes, bored housewives, so on.  They have nothing to lose.  They do not have to shown their ID, passport, real photos, so on.  They do not have to meet employers of these dating sites. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Re:

>>These dating sites are free for all women therefore it is FREE 'advert' for these scammers, cam prostitutes, bored housewives, so on.  They have nothing to lose.<<

Exactly--and that's the reason why it takes a while to sort out the bad from the good and the good from the great. Too many guys see a sexy young woman who seems all gaga over them and they lose their grip on reality--for a while, anyways.....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
The cons are pretty obvious from the outside looking in: scammers--women who want your money more than they want you--if they really want you at all.

That said, it's a very basic truth that we, male and female alike, want to marry someone to better our lives and that may in all fairness, mean marrying someone who can supply material things we haven't gotten, whether its a trip to Disney World, a home with air con., someone who keeps a very nice home, or whatever.

The above mentioned sites are almost necessary evils. There are guys on here who have been married and/or have been developing ties with countries these women come from since when the internet was in its infancy, if not before. The internet has changed a lot of things and it is still changing things and ways.

I met my wife via an introduction from a mutual friend, but we both ended up being on Cherry Blossoms, because for a long time, I refused to consider her as a prospective wife because I thought there were potential compatibility issues. After a few years, I realized my fears were largely unfounded. We made some friends and had some laughs on Cherry Blossoms, but basically saw it was rather superficial and a soap opera at times with some pretty awful players on both sides.

I'd like to think that most women on CB and FH aren't scammers, but I know that quite a few are. And plenty who aren't scammers just aren't right for a lot of guys for various other reasons. There are plenty of guys out there just trying to set up 'male whore' trips, where they basically pay a bundle to go over there and fly from island to island, hoping to, and usually succeeding in getting laid by as many women as they can. They often break hearts and reinforce some women's feeling that scamming men back in return is only fair game.

It would be great if we had the money and time to go to a prospective woman's country and spend time with her, meeting other people there, as we expand our contacts and understanding of their culture all the while. The reality of most guys situation is that they can't do that. They have monetary limitations, time limitations and can't leave except for maybe a week or two a year and at possibly a prohibitive cost.For those guys, if they can't drum up some connections here in the Asian/Latin communities, such as church, hospitals and other places, there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative other than meeting on line.

It seems to me, that in the last five or tens years and still increasingly to this day, people have been becoming more sophisticated and jaded in their finding ways to use the internet to exploit others. The internet has expanded to countless areas where it wasn't a factor before and more people are using it for less than noble purposes.

It's probably easier to for most people to try and scam someone out of money and gifts online than it is to swipe a purse or lay some one upside the head. It just doesn't seem 'personal' and they figure "I'm never going to have to see this person in real life anyways'. The internet makes it too easy and ultimately impersonal. People can do stuff they would never do in 'real life' in a million years and chances are that nobody they're going to have to meet face to face, who they don't want to know, will ever know.

Yes, the internet is full of temptations for people to act differently than they do with people 'in real life'. What it all boils down to is that if factors in your life mean that the internet is about the only vehicle you have to explore finding a foreign spouse, you just have to realize the pitfalls involved and suit up carefully. There is no substitute for time. Even if you're smitten with some one very quickly after you've gotten involved online, only time will tell if your initial feelings are really valid or if they will be dashed, as you eventually find out the other things going on behind the pretty face and sweet words.

That's a good piece of writing, answered quite a few questions - unknowns ... cheers

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 09:14:03 PM »
Reveis

These dating sites are free for all women therefore it is FREE 'advert' for these scammers, cam prostitutes, bored housewives, so on.  They have nothing to lose.  They do not have to shown their ID, passport, real photos, so on.  They do not have to meet employers of these dating sites. 

Does that mean there are sites/agency's were women have to show their ID, passport, real photos, so on?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, just wondering tho'......

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:35 PM »
Some of the girls on those sites lift pictures out of glamour and celebrity magazines, and scan them in, claiming it's actually them in their so called real 'profile' picture/s.

My wife gets a kick out of telling me which celebrity this scammer chick is claiming as her real profile picture--whether she's a film, music, fashion model--whatever. It's funny for us, but then for some fellows, it certainly isn't--eventually.

All part of the 'game' though....

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
I remember this one scammer.
One day she told me that a small snake bit her on her right hand, I told her to go to the hospital but she told me that she didn't have money for medicine & her family couldn't help either as they too have no money.
After "pleading" with her she went, a day later she came online & I ask her about the "injury" and what hospital she went to. She told me St. Luke's hospital. Then I told her the one on such & such Blvd, you should have seen the look on her face. She went for treatment at one of the most expensive hospitals in the Philippines yet she had no money for medicine.  ::)

Then I ask her can I see the "wound", she showed me her taped left hand - haha, it was suppose to be the right hand she was bitten on. Then I told her, can I see the back of her right hands - she logged off.

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
Does that mean there are sites/agency's were women have to show their ID, passport, real photos, so on?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, just wondering tho'......

There are some agencies in Colombia that ladies require to show their ID, cedula.   When I stayed with Cali Charm (sadly this agency closed down), all the ladies had to show their ID (e.g cedula).  They photocopied them and had to put their real age in the website.   I noticed when a particular lady whom I had met - also had herself in 3 other websites - all in different age.   Cali Charm showed her 46 years old while 2 other agencies showed her 36, 38 years old.  You can say that 2 of these agencies did not do their job properly. 

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »
Some of the girls on those sites lift pictures out of glamour and celebrity magazines, and scan them in, claiming it's actually them in their so called real 'profile' picture/s.

My wife gets a kick out of telling me which celebrity this scammer chick is claiming as her real profile picture--whether she's a film, music, fashion model--whatever. It's funny for us, but then for some fellows, it certainly isn't--eventually.

All part of the 'game' though....

I remembered seeing one particular actress ... I think Aubrey Miles (cannot remember how to spell the name).  They claimed that the photos are real!  I can tell the difference between a real photo and a fake photo anyway!   I also can tell the difference between from a photo of a 'rich' girl and a 'poor' girl.  They don't realise I had studied Image Consultant/Fashion Styling!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »
I remember this one scammer.
One day she told me that a small snake bit her on her right hand, I told her to go to the hospital but she told me that she didn't have money for medicine & her family couldn't help either as they too have no money.
After "pleading" with her she went, a day later she came online & I ask her about the "injury" and what hospital she went to. She told me St. Luke's hospital. Then I told her the one on such & such Blvd, you should have seen the look on her face. She went for treatment at one of the most expensive hospitals in the Philippines yet she had no money for medicine.  ::)

Then I ask her can I see the "wound", she showed me her taped left hand - haha, it was suppose to be the right hand she was bitten on. Then I told her, can I see the back of her right hands - she logged off.

jajajajaja   

Offline GeovanniCoolGuy

• Probie
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 06:14:59 PM »
Would the scammers come and do me? That'd suit me fine.  :-*

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »

Geovanni at the keyboard:

Yeah, what a "cool guy" you are... 

Offline ignorante

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 02:47:41 PM »
  I registered for Cherry Blossoms out of curiosity.  Without ever sending any interest out, I had hundreds of messages and "smiles" flooding my inbox - and this was without me contacting anybody.  Most were from 18 to 21 year old girls.   "I want to wrap myself around that bod.  I wish you were here" and so on, which is not exactly what I was expecting from the stereotype of shy young asian women.   I am in my early 40s.  Honestly, it scared me off.  I do not think I am bad looking, but there are not that many young women interested in this "middle-aged" man just from a photo.  Something is definitely wrong over there.  Judging by all the descriptions of scammers, I guess I am glad I stayed away.

I have logged in a few times just to peruse the profiles, and everytime I do it is like they are waiting to pouce.  I think logging in brings you back to the top of the women's search results or something.  It is hard to view the profiles with all of the instant "chat" request windows coming up.

Too weird.

Now on American dating sites - nobody is interested . . .

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 02:47:41 PM »

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 07:02:48 PM »
Re:

>>These dating sites are free for all women therefore it is FREE 'advert' for these scammers, cam prostitutes, bored housewives, so on.  They have nothing to lose.<<

Exactly--and that's the reason why it takes a while to sort out the bad from the good and the good from the great. Too many guys see a sexy young woman who seems all gaga over them and they lose their grip on reality--for a while, anyways.....

Robert- your insightful posts are a reason I've signed up here- thank you. As for the "dating" sites, I've found many of the "bad", precious few of the "good" and none of the "great"... and even a few of the "ugly".

Hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst...
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:57 AM »

Geovanni at the keyboard:

Yeah, what a "cool guy" you are... 

Yes Ray,

He really showed us. I am sure that he is sitting back and enjoying the spoils of his victory!  ;D

Dave

The developmentally disabled madman!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132