It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: colombia lockdown continues until april 27  (Read 2728 times)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
colombia lockdown continues until april 27
« on: April 06, 2020, 06:40:44 PM »
www.futbolred.com/fuera-del-futbol/noticias-colombia-cuarentena-sera-hasta-el-27-de-abril-ultima-hora-presidente-ivan-duque-115405

By: Redacción Futbolred
April 6, 2020, 06:40 p.m.

President Iván Duque announced this Monday that mandatory preventive isolation in Colombia will last until April 27 at 0 am.

The measure had been initially imposed until April 13, but seven days after this time has elapsed, the President of Colombia extended the time in which people should be at home.
The news of the coronavirus in the world: this is the pandemic
Smart quarantine: example from the Netherlands that is not very satisfactory

The president also announced that colleges and universities will not be able to open until April 30.

"We have to understand that this pandemic is not lasting for a few days or weeks. That is why we are making the best decisions for the country," added the president.

With this, the quarantine measure remains the same for the entire country until April 26 at 11:59 p.m., although it could also be expanded again.

(also, spirit airlines has a lot of one way flights leaving many colombian cities  for the US, if somebody needs to get out.)
https://www.spirit.com/en/flights-from-colombia-to-united-states
thanks China, the Chinese virus, the gift that keeps  on giving and giving  :o
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:42:34 PM by mudd »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: colombia lockdown continues until april 27
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 02:01:54 PM »
www.futbolred.com/fuera-del-futbol/noticias-colombia-cuarentena-sera-hasta-el-27-de-abril-ultima-hora-presidente-ivan-duque-115405

By: Redacción Futbolred
April 6, 2020, 06:40 p.m.

President Iván Duque announced this Monday that mandatory preventive isolation in Colombia will last until April 27 at 0 am.

The measure had been initially imposed until April 13, but seven days after this time has elapsed, the President of Colombia extended the time in which people should be at home.
The news of the coronavirus in the world: this is the pandemic
Smart quarantine: example from the Netherlands that is not very satisfactory

The president also announced that colleges and universities will not be able to open until April 30.

"We have to understand that this pandemic is not lasting for a few days or weeks. That is why we are making the best decisions for the country," added the president.

With this, the quarantine measure remains the same for the entire country until April 26 at 11:59 p.m., although it could also be expanded again.

(also, spirit airlines has a lot of one way flights leaving many colombian cities  for the US, if somebody needs to get out.)
https://www.spirit.com/en/flights-from-colombia-to-united-states
thanks China, the Chinese virus, the gift that keeps  on giving and giving  :o

That really sucks especially since the quarantine is so damn strict here ...waiting an hour and a half to get into a grocery store is the worst. They only let so many people in the store at one time so you can't enter the store until someone else is done shopping

But the policy seems to be working here much better than in other parts of the world with only 1579 cases of corona virus and 46 deaths total 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:03:49 PM by Calipro »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »
That really sucks especially since the quarantine is so damn strict here ...waiting an hour and a half to get into a grocery store is the worst. They only let so many people in the store at one time so you can't enter the store until someone else is done shopping

But the policy seems to be working here much better than in other parts of the world with only 1579 cases of corona virus and 46 deaths total

Even closer to home, Canada's numbers put the USA's to shame.

I thought if anyplace it'd be extra bad, it'd be Vancouver--"Hong Couver"

Even in densest Asian neighborhoods in hard hit California--their numbers are wayyy better than the overall USA population's.

On TV watching all the spring breakers, all drunk and all over each other, as bad as that was, what's as bad is the govt politicans, the aasholes who could but  didn't lock down the party.

There's a huge population in the USA between age 18 and 30s, who really weren't buying into the whole 'social distancing' thing.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 04:07:45 PM »
just my opinion, the Colombian economy cant handle no more than a month of a shutdown. would be better to make sure everyone had  masks, gloves and hand sanitizer, if you leave the house without, jail.  if you cant stay 6ft away, jail.
but, i have a feeling the lock down will be extended because many people are not following the rules and cases will still slowly go up.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 05:05:44 PM »
"""There's a huge population in the USA between age 18 and 30s, who really weren't buying into the whole 'social distancing' thing."""

As long as you have numbers of people like the above, you might as well not bother setting any clock/calenda. Otherwise, assuming that at a future pre set point 2 weeks or 2 months from now everything's gonna be OK is futile.

Like trying to put out a fire with a Q tip.

Until 99% of those being asked or required to comply do so, this will not end.

The govts, facing economic crisis unlike never before, along with food shortages and desperate people, may have to impose martial law.

Nobody seemed to listen to me back in February when I started talking about this.

I'm glad I have an over stocked pantry, freezers, lots of fuel, ammo and liquid, movable assets about now. Got fishing gear, frozen bait and crab traps too. Still have cabbage growing, but wish I had started a summer garden earlier--love me some tomatoes, cukes n beans....

If push comes to shove, we can go a few months--concievably until my wind up crank powered 'hurricane' radio/light/usb charger tells me it's OK to come out again.

The liquor stores are open for now, but the gun shops are all closed. Wonder how the thinking on which stores were deemed "essential" to remain open went?

My wife's a mighty fine shot, but as smooth and accurately as she shoots, she loads even better. I have a bunch of empty mil spec 30 round magazines, interchangable for long or short firearms. We're safe right now, but maybe we'll practice loading some clips tonight.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »

Yeah we have the same grocery store policy here in California.  I never enjoyed grocery shopping.  Now even less...

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 06:49:42 AM »
There is a "Metro" store near where I live. Not sure if they have them in other parts of Colombia.

Anyway We went Sunday and I just ignored the securiy gals and they asked my amiga what my Cedula was she said " oh 426 blah blah not sure of the last nunbers"  They said.." oh it doesnt matter he is already in you can go"

Anyway I did all my shopping..had everything there well stocked better than Jumbo and Exito and hardly anybody there.

Also my taxi driver takes me up to this place in the outskirts I can run up the hill... he knows the locals..no one bothers me not even the cops

So things are not quite so strict here.

But this weekend no one is allowed to go outt for any reason other than medical emergency. ..everything closed Saturday and Sunday..all supermarkets , farmacies banks ATMs..maybe even Thursday and Friday as well..and I got a feeling this will extend to the end of the quarantine.only 3 to 5 days food and essential shopping per week so they can get the maximum benifit from the quarantine.

I know this is for Santander and Caldas..and I assume it is for the whole country.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:45:14 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 05:04:01 PM »
and this is why colombia will never change

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — A large crowd of people violated a stay-at-home order in Colombia to attend the funeral of a notorious gang leader who had been arrested for extortion in December, and died from a heart attack Sunday while being transferred to a new prison.
Videos posted on social media Tuesday showed more than 200 people parading down a street in the Medellin suburb of Bello with the coffin of gang leader Edgar Pérez while men on motorcycles honked their horns.
Some members of the funeral procession carried red-and-white balloons and a poster that bore Pérez’s name, while a couple of police officers watched the scene unfold helplessly from a sidewalk as the large crowd appeared to overwhelm them.
“This shows you how in some parts of Colombia gang leaders and drug dealers continue to hold strong relationships with the local population,” said Sergio Guzmán, a Colombian risk analyst. “Gang leaders provide jobs in some of these communities and also administer justice.”
The incident also highlights how Colombia is struggling to enforce a month-long national lockdown aimed at slowing down infections of the novel coronavirus.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — A large crowd of people violated a stay-at-home order in Colombia to attend the funeral of a notorious gang leader who had been arrested for extortion in December, and died from a heart attack Sunday while being transferred to a new prison.
Videos posted on social media Tuesday showed more than 200 people parading down a street in the Medellin suburb of Bello with the coffin of gang leader Edgar Pérez while men on motorcycles honked their horns.
Some members of the funeral procession carried red-and-white balloons and a poster that bore Pérez’s name, while a couple of police officers watched the scene unfold helplessly from a sidewalk as the large crowd appeared to overwhelm them.
“This shows you how in some parts of Colombia gang leaders and drug dealers continue to hold strong relationships with the local population,” said Sergio Guzmán, a Colombian risk analyst. “Gang leaders provide jobs in some of these communities and also administer justice.”
The incident also highlights how Colombia is struggling to enforce a month-long national lockdown aimed at slowing down infections of the novel coronavirus.

Sounds innocent compared to virus decimated Southern Italy, where the mafia, among other things, employs as much as a third of the population.

They're 'off the books' employees of course and they don't qualify for govt unemployment. They're hungry and vicious. Their grip on all aspects of society there is only getting stronger.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 07:01:42 PM »

Small potatoes compared to the 20 thousands college kids hitting the beach in Florida during spring break jajaja

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 09:07:50 AM »
Sounds innocent compared to virus decimated Southern Italy, where the mafia, among other things, employs as much as a third of the population.

They're 'off the books' employees of course and they don't qualify for govt unemployment. They're hungry and vicious. Their grip on all aspects of society there is only getting stronger.

Thats probably why things.are so bad now in New York and New Jersey..all those ditzy millenials from those parts heading down there and partying

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 05:37:26 PM »
Small potatoes compared to the 20 thousands college kids hitting the beach in Florida during spring break jajaja
The "Corona Tough Guys" don't look as cool as they did a month ago, that's for sure...I know of a gymnastics gym  and a dance studio that, the moment schools closed, advertised for kids to come to their spring break camps, Corona be damned.... Those same  studios are now pleading on social media for parents to buy online class subscriptions out of sympathy for the threat of going out of business...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 08:15:54 PM »
The "Corona Tough Guys" don't look as cool as they did a month ago, that's for sure...I know of a gymnastics gym  and a dance studio that, the moment schools closed, advertised for kids to come to their spring break camps, Corona be damned.... Those same  studios are now pleading on social media for parents to buy online class subscriptions out of sympathy for the threat of going out of business...

It's been gonzo in Georgia--after Mayors of sea side towns and cities blocked and locked their beaches, the governor over ruled them. If they didn't allow people  (contagion) back, they risked fines and/or arrest.

And sure as hell, it was mostly young people--the spring breakers crowding the beaches--just like Florida's

My older,  out of work son will like millions of Georgians, collect $600 a week from the fed and another $365 a week from the state, totalling $965 a week, for up to four months.

He went ocean kayaking today with two buddies, cautioning me that he was nonetheless practicing 'social distancing' saying "I'm more worried about you Dad."

Meanwhile, my wife (she would gladly take $965 a week to stay home and do nothing) was told today that she was not only not being furloughed, but at her current pay level, would keep her job and in addition, take on the responsibilities of two furloughed Customer Service workers. That's the dept she USED to work in before being 'promoted.'

Arrrgh....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 08:15:54 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 01:17:23 AM »
It's been gonzo in Georgia--after Mayors of sea side towns and cities blocked and locked their beaches, the governor over ruled them. If they didn't allow people  (contagion) back, they risked fines and/or arrest.

And sure as hell, it was mostly young people--the spring breakers crowding the beaches--just like Florida's

My older,  out of work son will like millions of Georgians, collect $600 a week from the fed and another $365 a week from the state, totalling $965 a week, for up to four months.

He went ocean kayaking today with two buddies, cautioning me that he was nonetheless practicing 'social distancing' saying "I'm more worried about you Dad."

Meanwhile, my wife (she would gladly take $965 a week to stay home and do nothing) was told today that she was not only not being furloughed, but at her current pay level, would keep her job and in addition, take on the responsibilities of two furloughed Customer Service workers. That's the dept she USED to work in before being 'promoted.'

Arrrgh....
That governor is a focking idiot,  and your son thinks he's invincible, which most of us probably did at his age...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 11:13:00 AM »
That governor is a focking idiot,  and your son thinks he's invincible, which most of us probably did at his age...

Like I told my family---they've been scratching their Michigan head's a while re GA politics:

If GA gov kemp was any worse he'd be a war criminal. Just the greater number of Covid19 deaths jn GA compared to states with similar demographics is damning. How can people like that sleep at night? Come'on kids--spring breakers?

Yeah--right again about 'invincible'--I'm afraid my older son is even cockier than I was at his age. When I annoyingly told him: "You could sell Eskimo's iceboxes" without thinking or blinking, he quickly quipped:

"No Dad--I could sell the devil fire"

Life and an increasing number of years has a way of either wizening up or killing you. I stopped the insane partying at age 40. At least on the dying, if you live long enough, you become increasingly aware of it's inevitability.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »

Like I told my family---they've been scratching their Michigan head's a while re GA politics:

If GA gov kemp was any worse he'd be a war criminal. Just the greater number of Covid19 deaths jn GA compared to states with similar demographics is damning. How can people like that sleep at night? Come'on kids--spring breakers?

Yeah--right again about 'invincible'--I'm afraid my older son is even cockier than I was at his age. When I annoyingly told him: "You could sell Eskimo's iceboxes" without thinking or blinking, he quickly quipped:

"No Dad--I could sell the devil fire"

Life and an increasing number of years has a way of either wizening up or killing you. I stopped the insane partying at age 40. At least on the dying, if you live long enough, you become increasingly aware of it's inevitability.
The level of irresponsibility of some of our "leaders" in handling the pandemic has been sad to see. That's why we're in as deep as we are...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 02:49:44 PM »
The level of irresponsibility of some of our "leaders" in handling the pandemic has been sad to see. That's why we're in as deep as we are...

AFTER the beaches were closed down completely, police forces lessened and all the life guards and equipment gone--on a Friday, he issued a dictate that under penalty of prison and fine, they had to obey.

And he had seen numerous states already having shut things down the week before.

Right at the peak of spring break or almost all of the students not in class anyways.

He might as well have screamed 'surfs up!'

Or shouted :"FIRE!!" in a crowded theater.

That's besides not resigning from his position as head of state elections--he was able to place voting machines only where he wanted. Sounds like Venezuela or something....

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 448