It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Snow in Florida  (Read 2589 times)

Offline stevjulietb

Snow in Florida
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:22:23 AM »
Hey DaveH....It's trying to snow here in central Florida...When Juliet left for work this morning it was spitting rain and snow....the overnight temp. is suppose to be 19 tonight.....COME BACK HOME....since you left...the unemployment is up to 12%....The housing market has dropped....now the weather.....unbelieveable...

Steveb

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Snow in Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:30:16 AM »
Hey DaveH....It's trying to snow here in central Florida...When Juliet left for work this morning it was spitting rain and snow....the overnight temp. is suppose to be 19 tonight.....COME BACK HOME....since you left...the unemployment is up to 12%....The housing market has dropped....now the weather.....unbelieveable...

Steveb

Hey Steve,

The low here today was  74 and the high was 77. The low in Manila was 72 and the high 84.

There may be some truth to that...my in neighbor Florida said that they always have bad storms and hurricanes when I am away.

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:19:48 AM »
It once snowed in Miami  (Although not at the Miami Airport, where Miami weather records are kept. >> in fact, on Jan. 19, 1977, snow fell in Homestead, Fla., only about 25 miles north of the bridge from the Florida mainland to the Keys, on Jan. 19, 1977.<< http://www.usatoday.com/weather/resources/climate/2004-12-21-florida-snow_x.htm 

In 1989, Jacksonville, Florida and even Savannah Georgia, had a white Christmas. Atlanta, Georgia has never had one, according to weather records. As recently as 1993, it got down to 41 degrees in Key West Florida, the second time a temp, that low was recorded there. (At 90 miles from Cuba, Key West is closer to Cuba than to the 120 or so miles to the main land USA) Right now my parents have had the heat on at their house in Key West, as the temps been down in the 50's. They have one of the few old homes with heat there and have had to use it a number of times.

Cold is hard to avoid--very few places have avoided at least rare, freak visits of the snow stuff. Several places along the equator have even had the cold dust in recorded history. Even in the mountainous area of the southern Philippines, my wife comes from (Mindanao) she remembers it getting really cold (for her) sometimes a couple months of the year. On the other hand, she finds it gets a hell of a lot colder here in South Eastern USA and hotter and more humid here than back home.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:19:48 AM »

Offline stevjulietb

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:03:30 AM »
I actually had some snow on the area where the pool screen and it's framework meet....I just shake my head when I see my wife leave for work with a wet head full of hair....you can take the pinay out of the PI..but you can't ....

Steveb

Temp this morning is around 28

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 12:06:56 PM »
Right now my parents have had the heat on at their house in Key West, as the temps been down in the 50's. They have one of the few old homes with heat there and have had to use it a number of times.
so who was the brain that decided that heat is optional in a house ??
hell after the warm summer months around here the 1st night it gets down to 60f in the house it feels a little cold to me. I have been know to start a small fire in the old wood stove just to take the chill off.

piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 01:26:53 PM »

so who was the brain that decided that heat is optional in a house ??

Your questions will be answered when you arrive in the Philippines...  :D

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »
Your questions will be answered when you arrive in the Philippines...  :D

I wasn't talking about the philippines Ray
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Dave H

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 07:20:40 AM »
It once snowed in Miami  (Although not at the Miami Airport, where Miami weather records are kept. >> in fact, on Jan. 19, 1977, snow fell in Homestead, Fla.

Hey Rob,

Actually it snowed 4 times that I can remember when I lived there. It snowed in 1969, 1977, 1981, and 1989, although seldom reported. MIA (airport) is usually warmer than the surrounding areas. I lived just northwest of the airport.

Dave

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 01:11:03 AM »
I remember it snowing in Central Florida in 1977. It melted as it hit the ground. It has really warmed up there since I was a kid.
i was working in Key West in 2007 winter. It did get down to 47 and VERY windy. My wife packed me a bunch of sweaters and my next trip back to central Florida I took them back. Wished I didn't!!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
I actually had some snow on the area where the pool screen and it's framework meet.... I just shake my head when I see my wife leave for work with a wet head full of hair....you can take the pinay out of the PI..but you can't ....

Steveb

Temp this morning is around 28

Hey Steve,

That's OK...as long as she doesn't eat ice cream after the sun goes down! 
Dave

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129