It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: So I've been Argentina for almost 2 weeks and have really mixed feelings  (Read 3640 times)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I've been here in Buenos Aires for almost 2 weeks and I have pretty mixed feelings about.
+ Good weather
+ Good food (Dependent on where you go)
+ Mostly pretty relaxed people
- It feels like I'm Europe but not as good
- The only thing Latin about Argebtina I've seen is they share the same language and the same lack of trust
- Gooddamn expensive
The people are pretty huge mixed bag. There are some really friendly people here but there's also some pretty cold ones here as well. It seems like the coldest of the cold all work in the service industry. Good service is pretty spotty imo. Also I hate to tell you thins but the girls aren't that attractive here at all. You can find some really nice ones but there mostly in the gyms or just leaving the gym. I've met a few girls but nothing special. The thing has got me the most is the cost, it's damned expensive to be here. I can get a crappy toast juice and cafe breakfast for no less than 200 pesos or about 10usd OR I can go to a nice Steakhouse and order a nice steak for 350  ~ 400 pesos. Its the weirdest thing

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
I've been here in Buenos Aires for almost 2 weeks and I have pretty mixed feelings about.
+ Good weather
+ Good food (Dependent on where you go)
+ Mostly pretty relaxed people
- It feels like I'm Europe but not as good
- The only thing Latin about Argebtina I've seen is they share the same language and the same lack of trust
- Gooddamn expensive
The people are pretty huge mixed bag. There are some really friendly people here but there's also some pretty cold ones here as well. It seems like the coldest of the cold all work in the service industry. Good service is pretty spotty imo. Also I hate to tell you thins but the girls aren't that attractive here at all. You can find some really nice ones but there mostly in the gyms or just leaving the gym. I've met a few girls but nothing special. The thing has got me the most is the cost, it's damned expensive to be here. I can get a crappy toast juice and cafe breakfast for no less than 200 pesos or about 10usd OR I can go to a nice Steakhouse and order a nice steak for 350  ~ 400 pesos. Its the weirdest thing
Good luck Kai. Argentina is not a place I'd go looking. They seem like the snobbiest of the Latin Americans with a very strong European influence. However, I can see how a black guy would be more exotic and a bit of forbidden fruit there, so that may work in your favor...

Offline kai #2

Good luck Kai. Argentina is not a place I'd go looking. They seem like the snobbiest of the Latin Americans with a very strong European influence. However, I can see how a black guy would be more exotic and a bit of forbidden fruit there, so that may work in your favor...

That's the funny part its a poor-mans Europe with non of the culture or atmosphere but still expensive asf. I came becasue I thought it'd be a cool place. Maybe befor the economic downturn

Planet-Love.com

Offline utopiacowboy

• Trips: > 10
I haven't been to Argentina but I spent a couple of weeks in Uruguay a few years ago. The people were pretty chill but I would never go there for the women. Colombians always say they have blondes and yes I have seen a few but nothing like Uruguay. It was about as expensive as San Antonio where I live so that means it wasn't expensive but not cheap either. The Uruguayans are a lot more laid back than the Argies from what my sons have told me.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
head over to brazil, your not that far from it. now those people and girls are very friendly  ;D

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
Bet a lot of the women are overweight and full of themselves. Argentina's got a rep sort of like France does for thinking their sh!t doesn't stink like neighboring countries and that you being a tourist is almost an imposition on them.

Of course it varies, but still...
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline utopiacowboy

Bet a lot of the women are overweight and full of themselves. Argentina's got a rep sort of like France does for thinking their sh!t doesn't stink like neighboring countries and that you being a tourist is almost an imposition on them.

Of course it varies, but still...

The Uruguayan women were not overweight but they were not raving beauties either. Just your normal woman. Nothing like Medellin where the babes outnumber the stars.

Offline kai #2

The Uruguayan women were not overweight but they were not raving beauties either. Just your normal woman. Nothing like Medellin where the babes outnumber the stars.

Pretty much the same situation here. The women are pretty average nothing special or make me feel I should try hard to talk to her

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
the southen part of brazil is where you want to go. states of santa catarina and rio grande do sol.  lots of cities there with very beautiful women and lot more friendly that women from argentina. many with european looking features.

Offline vikingo

• Trips: Resident
I understand half the population in Argentina has roots from Italian immigrants and that may apply to Uruguay as well.
Southern Brazil has a strong German influence though, there are some towns and cities with customs and a culture, you'd think you are in Germany, except for the language of course.
Look up Blumenau and Pomerode. There was an Article on BBC News about Brazil's little Germany a few years back.
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Offline kai #2

I don't come to SAmerica to feel like I'm in Europe. That's counter productive imo. Argentina isn't a bad place but like I said it's a poor mans Europe imo. It has a lot of resemblance of an European country which is cool but at the end of the day it's not soo much what I look for. I want to hear salsa, bacahata , good spicey latin food and those types of things.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
I understand half the population in Argentina has roots from Italian immigrants and that may apply to Uruguay as well.
Southern Brazil has a strong German influence though, there are some towns and cities with customs and a culture, you'd think you are in Germany, except for the language of course.
Look up Blumenau and Pomerode. There was an Article on BBC News about Brazil's little Germany a few years back.

Yep. Blows people's minds when they get there for the first time. Rio is a nice, balanced mix of races and cultures which is what gives most people their impression of Brazilians. The north is mostly black and Indian. But south of Sao Paulo, in states like Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina. Tall, blued eyed, blonde haired people EVERYWHERE!!!!! Also, the only place that has more Japanese people than the state of Sao Paulo is Japan. They are everywhere in that city. People don't realize it but Brazil is like the United States in that sense. It's an extremely culturally diverse country and there are concentrations of nationalities in some cities that are so dense it would make you think you were in another country.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:41:18 AM by benjio »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
I don't come to SAmerica to feel like I'm in Europe. That's counter productive imo. Argentina isn't a bad place but like I said it's a poor mans Europe imo. It has a lot of resemblance of an European country which is cool but at the end of the day it's not soo much what I look for. I want to hear salsa, bacahata , good spicey latin food and those types of things.

then you need to go to mexico, if you want spicy food. or maybe peru.

Planet-Love.com

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18

Yep. Blows people's minds when they get there for the first time. Rio is a nice, balanced mix of races and cultures which is what gives most people their impression of Brazilians. The north is mostly black and Indian. But south of Sao Paulo, in states like Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina. Tall, blued eyed, blonde haired people EVERYWHERE!!!!! Also, the only place that has more Japanese people than the state of Sao Paulo is Japan. They are everywhere in that city. People don't realize it but Brazil is like the United States in that sense. It's an extremely culturally diverse country and there are concentrations of nationalities in some cities that are so dense it would make you think you were in another country.

Go to Vancouver, Canada if you want to experience Hong Kong, LOL.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
Go to Vancouver, Canada if you want to experience Hong Kong, LOL.

Just came from there two weeks ago and you're absolutely right. As a matter of fact the locals jokingly call it Hongcouver.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18

Just came from there two weeks ago and you're absolutely right. As a matter of fact the locals jokingly call it Hongcouver.

More Puerto Ricans in NYC than there are in Puerto Rico, for decades now. I used to risk my life going down to the South Bronx, chasing Puerto Rican babes. Since the horrific hurricaine destroyed a lot of Puerto Rico's housing and infrastructure, parts of Florida, especially Orlando, have so many new P.R. residents that anybody trying to find housing has a pricey problem. And a lot of them probably won't go back to Puerto Rico anytime soon--not when then can make so much more money in the states.

But aside from Puerto Ricans, there are parts of Miami where by all rights, spoken English and signs should be considered second language to Spanish.

Offline utopiacowboy

But aside from Puerto Ricans, there are parts of Miami where by all rights, spoken English and signs should be considered second language to Spanish.

That's certainly true in San Antonio and El Paso as well. Yesterday a woman stopped me to ask for directions while I was running and I could tell she would be more comfortable in Spanish so we just talked in Spanish.

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
That harkens back to a time when I worked for a former employer. I was going to be dispatched to work bio-med in the El Paso area. I shuddered at the thought. One of my co-workers instilled more fear in me by saying that the population changes by about 20K people depending on the time of day! Ultimately I did do some work there and Juarez as a consultant for GE and Eureka.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 467