It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Dating my first Latina...and loving it  (Read 4550 times)

Offline DRGUY1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Dating my first Latina...and loving it
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »

I'd like to share this with the board.

Well after dating many Anglo American women, I've finally started dating a latin woman...

I'm lucky that I actually met her here in the US, as she has lived here for several years.

I'm quickly finding out a few things :)

First, you have to dance, this is non negotiable :), so I'm now dancing... I may take some lessons to surprise her

Second, they love romantic gestures, Yes i know all women do, but it seems Latina's really appreciate them more.

They also seem to like a "take charge" and "you make the plans" type of guy.

My last American GF thought sex was a chore, my Latina wakes me up 2-3 times a night :)

I recently found myself saying "go to sleep" to her, :P  never thought I'd ever say that to a women.

She is so tender, loving and sweet. Not once has she asked me about my job/income. It appears that does not matter to her.

It has made re-think and evaluate lot's of priorities in my life. I'm very happy with her, more than I could ever imagine.

I'm still learning about the culture, language and food and i have long way to go, but I'm really enjoying the ride.

If you have any advice for me from experience, please share.

Offline JasonA

• Spouse's Country: Peru
Re: Dating my first Latina...and loving it
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
Congrats, DRGuy. My experience has been very similar. Great isn't it?

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:48:29 PM »
Similar experience for me too ... although my wife can make do without me dancing.  ;)

My advice ... enjoy every minute, treat her right, and don't look back!

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

What country is she from?

Congrats ... Whitey
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:48:29 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »
Congrats... you only live once so enjoy this. It took me awhile to find the "right" (...balanced...) latina. Hopefully it is smooth sailing for you. But latinas can go cold on you (crazy) so just read and learn from others and be prepared either way as it sounds like your relationship is pretty new.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline DRGUY1

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I have already learned a lot from reading various posts on the board.

My girl is from Costa Rica and although I speak ok Spanish, she speaks fluent English which really helps.

I have been surprised with her high sex drive? I don't have any other experiences to go on, so I'm not sure if she's an exception or the norm? Maybe I just lucked out.... I'm not complaining  though ;)

The one difference I've noticed, is that our sense of humor is different and If I'm not careful, I can offend her with jokes or teasing.

Did you guys notice that when you started dating?

Offline Calipro

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:14:28 AM »

I have been surprised with her high sex drive? I don't have any other experiences to go on, so I'm not sure if she's an exception or the norm? Maybe I just lucked out.... I'm not complaining  though ;)

Have all the American women you dated had a low sex drive?

The only real difference in sexual relationships between American women and Latinas (that I have noticed) is that Latinas are less likely to withhold sex if they are upset at you. Generalization of course.... but just a trend I have noticed over time....they're a bit less likely to take problems into the bed room and if they do.... you know you have a REAL PROBLEM.

Offline Fuzzyone

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
 Calipro

I think they do any way most of them do. My ex girlfriend told me at one point in our relationship that she really did not get into sex anymore. Well that was the start, it got to the point that it just was not happening anymore. I was accused of being part of a old married couple and boring. Well I fixed the problem I gave her walking papers and told it we are all done I can do better alone then putting up with this B.S. Her response 6 months later when I ran into her was what happen to us? I told her that if she did not know by now then she would never know!

I look back on it now and realize maybe I was not demanding enough. I feel into that old trap that if we always talk then maybe we would not have problems between us well that was just code for her to have her way and screw me!

Offline DRGUY1

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »

Yes to be honest Calipro, as I think back, many of the women I dated in college or  just after did have a good sex drive. I'm just comparing her to my most recent long term ex and what I'm hearing from all my married friends who only get it on Birthday's and Holiday's.

It is nice not to always be the one asking.

Of course, this is not the reason I'm dating her, but it is a welcomed change.

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
DRG...I had the same great situation with my Latina from Bogota.   She was amazing all the time.

I had a SMILE on my face everyday.

Offline htown

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 06:12:05 PM »
The one difference I've noticed, is that our sense of humor is different and If I'm not careful, I can offend her with jokes or teasing.

This is very true.  When dealing with americans I have sort of a condescending, "a$$hole" sense of humor.  When dealing with latinos/latinas I have to remember that their culture and sense of humor is different.  They're alot warmer and complimenting towards people.  My gringo friends would consider it as being "gay" or "corny" the way that latin people are so affectionate to eachother.

It seems like when dealing with gringos just because someone is being somewhat of a jerk doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you.  When dealing with latinos if someone is being a jerk it probably means they're genuinely pissed off and the situation is about to get very ugly.  Of course this is just a generalization.
Dance with the one who brung ya!  :)

Offline jselva

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:18:43 PM »
Congratulations!

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:06 PM »
Yes they can go "cold" on you in a big hurry, so be carefull not to take things for granted!
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline Stevieboy

g
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »
h
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:56:24 AM by Stevieboy »

Planet-Love.com

g
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »

Have all the American women you dated had a low sex drive?

The only real difference in sexual relationships between American women and Latinas (that I have noticed) is that Latinas are less likely to withhold sex if they are upset at you. Generalization of course....

That's not a generalization Cali. That's a GOTDAMN FACT! Gringas use sex as a weapon and refuse to have sex in order to punish men when they feel we've done something wrong or when they're just upset about something. For Latin American women it's a part of the process of settling a dispute and/or making up after an argument. More than a few Colombianas have told me that even when they aren't in the mood they'll have sex with their boyfriends/husbands because they "don't want him going somewhere else to get it." I don't agree with the idea that women in the states have a lower sex drive though. I've dated some girls stateside that would have no problem doing it nonstop if physically possible.

Amongst the younger generation in Brazil (primarily Rio and Sao Paulo) casual sex is not at all taboo. A man and a woman that are interested in each other are much more likely to use sex as a test of compatibility early in the relationship as supposed to waiting until after a few dates. From my experience if a Brazilian Woman is sexually attracted to you the thought of you regarding her as easy or promiscuous will not cross her mind. They'll usually go to bed with you...sometimes on the first date. Young Brazilians are extremely sexually liberal.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:35:14 PM by benjio »

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 12:28:38 PM »

That's not a generalization Cali. That's a GOTDAMN FACT! Gringas use sex as a weapon and refuse to have sex in order to punish men when they feel we've done something wrong or when they're just upset about something. For Latin American women it's a part of the process of settling a dispute and/or making up after an argument. More than a few Colombianas have told me that even when they aren't in the mood they'll have sex with their boyfriends/husbands because they "don't want him going somewhere else to get it." I don't agree with the idea that women in the states have a lower sex drive though. I've dated some girls stateside that would have no problem doing it nonstop if physically possible.

Now when you say "Gringas", do you mean American women of all colors? Cuz that's how I see it. American women of all colors do that period IMO.

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »
When I was in Panama they called me gringo even though they also called me Mexican. As soon as I spoke spanish they called me out as Mexican by my accent yet also called me a gringo since I was from the States. I was a bit confused, but figured what the hay and just wen along with it.

Offline benjio

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »

Now when you say "Gringas", do you mean American women of all colors? Cuz that's how I see it. American women of all colors do that period IMO.

Yep...women in the United States...regardless of race. Even Latinas that were born and raised by American Standards will do this.

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »
Hey, is your avatar a picture of a sala at Jaime's?

Offline benjio

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »
Hey, is your avatar a picture of a sala at Jaime's?

That is a very old, but very nice hostel in Salento, Colombia. I stayed there for a weekend two years ago. Probably one of the most memorable experiences of my life. No TV's, no hot water, no air conditioning. Just cool mountain air, great food, awesome coffee and some of the best views on Earth. There was a Balero Band that came there to play everyday I was there on that patio. Two guitarist, and a guy who just sung (they all sung, but one guy didn't play guitar). It was a great time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:52:27 PM by benjio »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
DRUGguy

Congratulations  8)   For a moment I thought I had read "DRUG" in your username lol

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 141